Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #126
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I don't really like that spoiler at all. I wouldn't install it if it was free!
Unless you do the entire rear end conversion like pictured below it just doesn't match...

my opinion.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #127
CreativeDawn

Drives: 2010 1LT
I think i'll go for it if I can get 10% off of it. I'd have it painted BLACK and VICTORY RED.....Not sure if it would look better with the CENTER being BLACK or the TIPS......
CreativeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:56 AM   #128
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Sorry I haven't posted these earlier, but I've been AWOL for a while.

However, I cannot recommend the spoiler. Not in fibreglass, anyway. A few months after I had it installed, a crack developed along the leading edge. The spoiler vibrates worryingly when I close the trunk because there is no centre support to it, I can only imagine what it does at speed as the wind pushes it down in the middle. I can only imagine that that is why it is cracked.

So, for the last 5 weeks she's been in the shop waiting to get fixed.

I would like to thank the person from whom I borrowed the stripe pattern, but I can't remember who it was, just that the Camaro was white and had this stripe pattern.

Last edited by Angelsilhouette; 08-26-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:51 PM   #129
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Finally got her back from the shop. They had to re-glass the entire spoiler because after they fixed the front of it, a crack developed in the rear of it at the shop.

I'm thinking of getting a piece of styrofoam, carving out a nice centre support and then taking it to them to glass it (and build in a centre brake light in the process) for a nice looking centre support.

Also, does anyone have that link to the stronger trunk struts to support this beast of a spoiler?

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firebreather, spoiler