Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #1
RKCamaro13

Drives: 2011 Red 2SSRS A6
Is this Right?

I ordered BC coilovers last week, and I am working on the fronts right now. I just pulled both of them off and I think I have the coilovers setup right. I just want to make sure first before I go back with them. Also does anyone know what depth will make what ride height? Like Pedders said 24mm from the piston to the bottom of the clevis would be 660mm of ride height. Here are some pics I took, right now I have a 7/8" depth from the bottom of the clevis, very arbitrary.
Attached Images

MPD1 Z Force hood, 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and diffuser, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations emblems, Struct Tower Brace, Painted Engine and Fuse Relay Cover, Foot well Lighting, CNC ported throttle body, Roto-Fab CAI, SW long tube headers, High flow cats, Lethal Racing Prowler Cam, LS3 conversion, Corsa cat back exhaust, Magnuson Supercharger (soon to be).
RKCamaro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
RKCamaro13

No one?
MPD1 Z Force hood, 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and diffuser, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations emblems, Struct Tower Brace, Painted Engine and Fuse Relay Cover, Foot well Lighting, CNC ported throttle body, Roto-Fab CAI, SW long tube headers, High flow cats, Lethal Racing Prowler Cam, LS3 conversion, Corsa cat back exhaust, Magnuson Supercharger (soon to be).
Old 06-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
I think you're just going to have to put them back in, tighten everything up and drive slowly around the block and re-measure your ride height, and make additional adjustments. Once you get your target ride height then do a realignment. Also time your bushings immediately after your first ride around the block. There's a certain ratio of changes in the front and rear spring adjustments that translates to ride height change, but I don't recall what that is. Like if you move the fronts 1/2" it makes 1/4" difference in height--something like that.
Mods: Ridetech coilovers, prothane bushings, braided brake lines, Pfadt ZL1 style sways, Hawk ceramic pads, Spohn trailing arms, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's, HF cats, Magnaflow 3" cat-back, MBRP rec tips, Cold Air Inductions black CAI, MGW short-throw shifter w/retro shift ball, Showstopper Engine Bling, Forgeline MD3P's 9.5 & 11", Conti DWS 275's & 315's. JDP harness and DRL's. Seibon carbon fiber GFX, Anvil carbon fiber rear spoiler. Oracle ghosted LED side marker lights.

Proud previous owner of: 1968 327 Camaro, 1972 Camaro SS 350, 1978 Z28, 1979 Z28. 2010 SS is My 5th Camaro
My 5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
amanc96

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS
I think your suppose to remove the foam spring insulator. I have the pedders coilovers and they said to remove it. Also check this thread out.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ilover+install

For the megan coilovers, the foam spring insulator was removed as well.
amanc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #5
RKCamaro13

I got it all worked out now, thanks.