Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
Issues with a particular Twin Fuel Pump Systems' "Rated" rwhp

Ok, I'm not going to release the name of the Company right now. I'm going to call them Monday morning and speak with the tech department to get answers, but here we go :


PCM of NC just finished tuning my car, here is the basics of the setup :

PRC 255 heads
1 7/8'' LTs
2.5'' exhaust no cats
ID850s
"800rwhp capable" Twin ZL1 pump system from " "
Procharger D1SC @ 9psi 669 rwhp/ 546 rwtq


Kelly and Alvin at PCM informed me that when Alvin was tuning my car, he was seeing fuel pressure drop in the mid/low 40's when he was dialing in the tune, and had to dial the tune back to those final numbers I posted above. Needless to say, on the companies website, they adveriste their twin pump system good for 800 rwhp...I say again, 800rwhp. Other sites, I have seen that they rate it for 700rwhp. It was also confirmed on the phone by one of their techs, that they stood by their 700-800rwhp ratings.

My tune was dialed back due to pressure drop, and obviously I made it no where close to 700. I'm not upset about the numbers, it's not always about dyno numbers, but if I paid 900$ for a fuel system that didn't meet the capabilities that the said company advertises, am I just supposed to take it for what it's worth?

At this point I'm trying to figure out which direction/route to go. I know 1,000,000 people will post and tell me "Squash", already know that. But can I actually run a BAP setup with these pumps to increase the pump voltage and get a little more out of my setup.

Also, in the colder months of Fall/Winter, I will have issues with my fuel setup, because the car will make more power with colder/denser air. So I'm definitely trying to figure things out now while it's still summer time.


Does anyone have any advice? Alvin saved the datalogs from one of the pulls where my fuel pressure was dropping into the 40s, and I plan to make sure the said Company sees that log so it's not "their word vs. mine". I'm hoping for some sort of compensation, and if I feel like I'm just going to get a "sh*t happens" type of reply, then I will post in the vendor section, and make sure this company is known.
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
Slowhawk
LSX specialty shop

 
Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bridgewater,Ma
Posts: 1,633
I've seen a pressure drop numerous times with twin pumps while still ussing the single feed line system.

Anything 700rwhp or more gets a return line added. Had good luck making 800rwhp with this setup with no pressure drop on 2 pumps.
__________________


Bridgewater, Ma
(508)659-4454
Slowhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
I've seen a pressure drop numerous times with twin pumps while still ussing the single feed line system.

Anything 700rwhp or more gets a return line added. Had good luck making 800rwhp with this setup with no pressure drop on 2 pumps.

PM sent.
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
realsquash
 
realsquash's Avatar
 
Drives: Four Door Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SE WI
Posts: 181
What's a twin ZL1 pump? The ZL1 is a single pump. Are you running a CTS-V based dual pump then?
__________________
Squash Performance LLC
2010+ Camaro 800 LPH fuel systems
realsquash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
thebeast916

 
Drives: Blown G8 GT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 926
Squash FTW! Never want to be out of fuel.
__________________
2008 G8 GT
TSP Forged LS3-TSP Ported L92's-219/231 RCR Cam-Procharger-Kooks-Solo 3in Exhaust-SS Wheels-Brembo-Demon8 Designs Triple Gauge Pod-Kicker CVX10-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Squash Pump-Coolingmist Meth Injection
613/546 @11.5 lbs old worn out numbers
11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
thebeast916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #6
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!
 
BullF-16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast916 View Post
Squash FTW! Never want to be out of fuel.
Dont skimp on the fueling.
__________________
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: STUPID SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 300M axles, 3.5"alum DS, MCLeod RXT clutch, 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #7
H-E

 
Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 644
I have the twin setup in mine at 800rwhp with no issues .I had Alvin tune my car once and had an issue like yours and found a cracked bucket.Replaced and all was good.
H-E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #8
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
I have the twin setup in mine at 800rwhp with no issues .I had Alvin tune my car once and had an issue like yours and found a cracked bucket.Replaced and all was good.
Which twin pump setup do you have? There's more than one company that makes a Twin pump system, and not all are created equal, that's for sure.
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:20 AM   #9
H-E

 
Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
Which twin pump setup do you have? There's more than one company that makes a Twin pump system, and not all are created equal, that's for sure.
They all use the ctsv pumps...I have the livernios at 800 rwhp.no issues
H-E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #10
LS3 SS

 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,231
Well the bucket definitely wasn't cracked when I looked at the system, and when it was installed it wasn't cracked either. And there is another member on here that is at 650 rwhp with the same system and has the same pressure drop issues I am experiencing.
__________________
PCM of NC '545' Cam/PRC 255s/GM 3.91s/ProCharger D1SC @9psi 669 rwhp/546 rwtq Tuned by Alvin @ PCM of NC
LS3 SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #11
bct10985
 
Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 02 Lightning, 98 jeep
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: dover, de
Posts: 447
Its controlled by a hobbs switch right? Is that working properly?
__________________
ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, tsp 2" longtubes, zl1 fuel pump, adm fpcm, id850s, aem meth kit, 305 nitto 555R. 600rwhp mustang dyno
Waiting to install- fsp cam kit, McLeod rxt.
bct10985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #12
Ryne @ CMS

 
Ryne @ CMS's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 Camaro 1LE, 06 C6 z06, 07 Dmax
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 696
if he is running twin ctsv pumps on the stock returnless system, i am not all surprised if he is seeing "some" pressure drop at a 700+ hp level.
__________________
Ryne Cunningham
Cunningham Motorsports
Specializing In Late Model LSX Performance.
Shop#: (951)677-0716
www.Cunningham-Motorsports.com
Ryne-CMS@Hotmail.com

Last edited by Ryne @ CMS; 06-18-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #13
10aSSee D

 
10aSSee D's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TN
Posts: 1,896
I'm running the ADM twin pumps and I'm at 740rwhp. I didn't get to watch it on the dyno when Andy tuned it but I'm sure if there was a fuel pressure issue he would have told me.
__________________
MODS:

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 740rwhp,685rwtq
10aSSee D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #14
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
Ok, I'm not going to release the name of the Company right now. I'm going to call them Monday morning and speak with the tech department to get answers, but here we go :


PCM of NC just finished tuning my car, here is the basics of the setup :

PRC 255 heads
1 7/8'' LTs
2.5'' exhaust no cats
ID850s
"800rwhp capable" Twin ZL1 pump system from " "
Procharger D1SC @ 9psi 669 rwhp/ 546 rwtq


Kelly and Alvin at PCM informed me that when Alvin was tuning my car, he was seeing fuel pressure drop in the mid/low 40's when he was dialing in the tune, and had to dial the tune back to those final numbers I posted above. Needless to say, on the companies website, they adveriste their twin pump system good for 800 rwhp...I say again, 800rwhp. Other sites, I have seen that they rate it for 700rwhp. It was also confirmed on the phone by one of their techs, that they stood by their 700-800rwhp ratings.

My tune was dialed back due to pressure drop, and obviously I made it no where close to 700. I'm not upset about the numbers, it's not always about dyno numbers, but if I paid 900$ for a fuel system that didn't meet the capabilities that the said company advertises, am I just supposed to take it for what it's worth?

At this point I'm trying to figure out which direction/route to go. I know 1,000,000 people will post and tell me "Squash", already know that. But can I actually run a BAP setup with these pumps to increase the pump voltage and get a little more out of my setup.

Also, in the colder months of Fall/Winter, I will have issues with my fuel setup, because the car will make more power with colder/denser air. So I'm definitely trying to figure things out now while it's still summer time.


Does anyone have any advice? Alvin saved the datalogs from one of the pulls where my fuel pressure was dropping into the 40s, and I plan to make sure the said Company sees that log so it's not "their word vs. mine". I'm hoping for some sort of compensation, and if I feel like I'm just going to get a "sh*t happens" type of reply, then I will post in the vendor section, and make sure this company is known.
We use the LPE Twin pumps which are the CTSV with custom fuel pump control modules to work in the Gen5 camaro.

We have run over 800 RWHP with no pressure drop on LS3 and 750 RWHP on L99 cars.

But I also know that there is always the Possibility to get a bad pump once in a while so we check every one we do on the dyno and with logging at the track.

Here we are 4 years later and we are starting to see fuel pumps go soft if you will.

94guy had the ADM version of the LPE system for 3 years then all of a sudden one day I noticed the fuel pressure dropping in one of his logs and he noted a loss in MPH.

Changed out the pumps and all is well and the MPH is back even better.

I think this is simply a case of a weak pump.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #15
94guy

 
94guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: louisiana
Posts: 1,437
Yep^^^^
__________________
10.21@138
RWHP JRE TUNING Whipple supercharged
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.