Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-18-2014, 11:51 PM   #43
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
People in Seattle have their hearts in the right place, but the automotive scene is a bit closeted and sparse.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #44
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Look up the word tool in the dictionary...you will find his picture....
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:48 AM   #45
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
The Camaro is not for everyone and this guy obviously falls into that crowd. He simply doesn't understand the appeal of the car. I don't know why he's doing a review.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #46
Buffman
1LE FTW

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
FAIL...what an idiot....he didnt even realize he was driving a 1LE - doh!
I left feedback on his article....
Buffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #47
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
I was in Portland Oregon for a week last year and the entire time I only saw two Camaros. The only point of this article is that it says it's not a practical daily driving for this in Seattle, which is probably true. What made it worse is that it was a 1LE, give him a 2SS L99 and I think the results would be better. He never said it was a bad car, he called it how it is, stylish, powerful, with poor gas mileage.

Another factor to consider is that people that in coastal states are less likely to buy a vehicle from GM, Chrysler, or Ford, while those in the states in between the reveres is true.
Please elaborate on this coastal theory of yours....I am intrigued.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #48
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Please elaborate on this coastal theory of yours....I am intrigued.
Coastal cities tend to be populated by more liberals, Middle America tends to be populated by more conservatives.

Liberals are more likely to buy smaller economy cars due to the high tax rates and more expensive fuel they tend to impose on themselves, and smaller economy cars tend to be foreign cars.

Conservatives are more likely to buy larger American-made vehicles, and red states tend to have lower fuel costs than blue states because taxes are typically lower.

Compare the fuel costs of New York, California and Massachusetts to Texas, Montana and North Carolina.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #49
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Coastal cities tend to be populated by more liberals, Middle America tends to be populated by more conservatives.

Liberals are more likely to buy smaller economy cars due to the high tax rates and more expensive fuel they tend to impose on themselves, and smaller economy cars tend to be foreign cars.

Conservatives are more likely to buy larger American-made vehicles, and red states tend to have lower fuel costs than blue states because taxes are typically lower.

Compare the fuel costs of New York, California and Massachusetts to Texas, Montana and North Carolina.
I guess you kind of made my point for me. I agree with much of your argument, but NC, TX, and GA where I live are both coastal states. All are very conservative (except for Atlanta), and it seems a fair number of American made cars are present.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #50
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
That might explain why there are more Ferraris, Lambos, and Porsches in California than any other state.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:07 PM   #51
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
All the Seattle hate

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #52
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I guess you kind of made my point for me. I agree with much of your argument, but NC, TX, and GA where I live are both coastal states. All are very conservative (except for Atlanta), and it seems a fair number of American made cars are present.
Rural vs Urban.

PA is a large state, but most of its population lives between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Philadelphia area gets something like 90% of the tax dollars in PA. It's really crazy. 95% of PA is as red as it gets in terms of area, but PA is deeply blue due to overall population. We have very high gas prices. I just got back from Montana and although I live near a ton of refineries, gas is 40 cents a gallon cheaper in Montana. Yay, taxes.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #53
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
Not hard to figure out this guys political bend.

Whenever I see "No one really needs" I stop reading - that's progressive speak for you are too dumb to make good decisions so we, your betters are going to tell you how to live.

That's your future kids unless this next generation wakes up.
Highland Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #54
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Just to be fair...

Mr. Miller, the author, prefaced his review (opinion) based on geographic location.

Camaro hater no...practical idealist, yes.

I have no issue with his review considering I have been there and understand his OPINION

Most conscientious consumers with aptitude realize that the man is saying that the Camaro...based on the geographic conditions is well...as stated.

Would your opinion change if he stated "The Camaro SS, Not the Most Practical for The Narrow Roads of the Brazilian Amazon Rainforest"? Or "The Camaro SS Not the Most Practical Car for the $8.59 per gallon cost of fuel in (Belgium, Netherlands, Greece, Germany Sweden) etc"

It is an opinion...not Camaro bashing..
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #55
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
And as a side note...

To be fair...

We as a society are gas whores. Any one of us that defile or hate that mans opinion of the Camaro ought to take a step back and realize...There are people paying $9.50 a gallon for gas.

No we don't NEED a V8, Air conditioning...all that stuff mentioned as a retort to the authors opinion.

Just be glad Premium is half what other countries pay and be GLAD you aren't paying $9.50 a gallon for premium...those of you who dislike the mans well thought out article should be thanking him...

Why?

Without vehicles that do get excellent gas mileage....You fill in the blank.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:15 PM   #56
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Just to be fair...

Mr. Miller, the author, prefaced his review (opinion) based on geographic location.

Camaro hater no...practical idealist, yes.

I have no issue with his review considering I have been there and understand his OPINION

Most conscientious consumers with aptitude realize that the man is saying that the Camaro...based on the geographic conditions is well...as stated.

Would your opinion change if he stated "The Camaro SS, Not the Most Practical for The Narrow Roads of the Brazilian Amazon Rainforest"? Or "The Camaro SS Not the Most Practical Car for the $8.59 per gallon cost of fuel in (Belgium, Netherlands, Greece, Germany Sweden) etc"

It is an opinion...not Camaro bashing..
Bah. Name anywhere on earth that isn't a racetrack or allows unlimited speed that a high performance car is more practical than a 4-cylinder AWD station wagon.

It has nothing to do with Seattle.

A Camaro is less "practical" even in flat states with under 5 inches a year rainfall.

If he knew anything about driving at all, he could have figured that out just by reading both brochures. No "test" is necessary.

To "test" a 1LE stick shift car, he would have had to do performance testing. My guess is he would have soiled his undergarments shortly afterwards.

He didn't even check braking distances, which is something important in all regions.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote