Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SMGSS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
Mcgin014
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Temecula
Posts: 4
Koni Str.t Arrived

This is my first post here and I would like to say hi and thanks for all the great info. I have a 2014 1LS. Its already lowered but today my Koni struts/shocks arrived. I hope to get them installed as soon as possible. next step will be new sway bars.
Mcgin014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #2
Denis


 
Denis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 5,656
Nice! and welcome

let us know how you like em. im seriously considering picking up a set.
__________________
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
JDP Tyler

 
JDP Tyler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 6,440
Nice! Welcome to the forum! You'll have to update us on your impressions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #4
nrr8865
 
nrr8865's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 RJT-2LT/RS & '10 Buick LaCrosse
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
Nice! Welcome to the forum! You'll have to update us on your impressions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
I had the pleasure of having Jordan driving my car at CamaroFest. The Koni's were a great upgrade to the Pedder's sways and lowering springs. If your going to autocross, the V6 is more than capable to keep up with the V8's. Get good enough and you'll be getting better times then them.
nrr8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
ModBargains

 
ModBargains's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro RS/SS, 996TT, E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, Ca 90631
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcgin014 View Post
This is my first post here and I would like to say hi and thanks for all the great info. I have a 2014 1LS. Its already lowered but today my Koni struts/shocks arrived. I hope to get them installed as soon as possible. next step will be new sway bars.
Interested to hear how you like the STR.T's.
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #6
JDP Tyler

 
JDP Tyler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 6,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrr8865 View Post
I had the pleasure of having Jordan driving my car at CamaroFest. The Koni's were a great upgrade to the Pedder's sways and lowering springs. If your going to autocross, the V6 is more than capable to keep up with the V8's. Get good enough and you'll be getting better times then them.
Oh nice! Yeah the V6 can be just as capable the SS in the tighter AutoX courses with the right driver and generally easier to drive not having to fight the urge to put the pedal down! That's one reason I really like Autox. It's not so much the car, but the driver!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________

Last edited by JDP Tyler; 06-20-2014 at 12:06 PM.
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #7
DwRed1LTV6


 
Drives: '13 VR 1LT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gateway to the West
Posts: 2,471
Welcome and Congrats on the 1LS !

Good luck with the Koni's !
I dont know much bout them.
Will be watching to see how you like them !!
__________________
2013 Camaro 1LT/Auto/18's/Sunroof/Spare Tire.
Formerly known as Silver85IrocZ !!
RotoFab-Cai, 1LE strut bar, Gm 4 pack guages,
G.S. Hashmarks, Gill stripes and Bowties in
3d Carbon vinyl, Opti-coat 2.0 Applied
Built on or about 5 Jun 13 7:58 am - Adopted 5 Jul 13
DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.