Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #43
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the noise from the dimpled! Are the crossed drilled holes chamfered? What is the warranty? Are they made by Granatelli and where are they manufactured? Thanks!
Performance Cross-Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors
LIFETIME Warranty Against Materials and Workmanship Defects. 2-YEAR Warranty Against Warping and Cracking.
Unlimited mileage.

The company is in California. They say they make their own rotors so I doubt G has anything to do with it. As to where they are made running a foundry operation in Cali would be expensive. It is possible, but expensive.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #44
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I just installed the black Granatelli dimpled and slotted rotors, their stainless steel break lines and had my calipers power coated. They are def better than the factory setup! I need to bleed the system again to get some of the pedal pressure back, but stopping is no longer a white knuckle affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #45
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
I just installed the black Granatelli dimpled and slotted rotors, their stainless steel break lines and had my calipers power coated. They are def better than the factory setup! I need to bleed the system again to get some of the pedal pressure back, but stopping is no longer a white knuckle affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stopping performance shouldn't be any different as you are using the same calibers. Performance would be affected by the pads. Pedal feel would be affected by the stainless lines.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #46
giant_g2

Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
Do any of you guys use these on the track (road course)? Do they hold up good under these conditions?

Also, does anybody use EBC Blue Stuff on these? I was thinking of using the blue stuff because it's supposed to be dual use (track/street) but I heard they crack the DBA rotors. I'm curious if they will do the same to these (guess not with the dimples?). Do the Blue Stuff pads perform well for HPDE and other moderate track use?
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote