Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
saptaksaraiya

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT convertible w/ RS
Broken Lumbar support in seat

So it seems like the lumbar support in my seat has failed. Is this covered under warranty? or will I have to purchase the seat myself?
saptaksaraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #2
TommyTheCat
TEAMLFX

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by saptaksaraiya View Post
So it seems like the lumbar support in my seat has failed. Is this covered under warranty? or will I have to purchase the seat myself?
No way to tell if that's under warranty without asking the dealership. I see you have a 2011, so that may already be three years out depending on when you bought it, and then there's the mileage issue, and then there's always the possibility that they'll blame you for breaking it.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:53 PM   #3
BLTZKRG

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
How do i adjust lum ar on my 2014 2SS? Feels like im leaning up against a beach ball.

CAGS Skip-Shift Eliminator
1LE Strut Tower Brace
GMPP Track Pack Axleback
Halltech CAI
Fuse Pull Mod
BLTZKRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:54 PM   #4
saptaksaraiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
No way to tell if that's under warranty without asking the dealership. I see you have a 2011, so that may already be three years out depending on when you bought it, and then there's the mileage issue, and then there's always the possibility that they'll blame you for breaking it.
My car is still under warranty as I bought the extended warranty. I am not sure if they would consider it as factory defect or not. I was just wondering if anyone else had same problem or not, and how they fixed it!
Old 07-20-2014, 01:49 AM   #5
TommyTheCat
TEAMLFX

Drives: 2013 Camaro
ah well what exactly is your seat doing? the only problem i've heard of with the camaro seats is this:

www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321301

and of course cracking leather. that may have to do with your problem, if you put your seat all the way back. looks like most people got their problem fixed under warranty so you might be good on that.

just read the description in the thread see if its the same issue
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
saptaksaraiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
ah well what exactly is your seat doing? the only problem i've heard of with the camaro seats is this:

www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321301

and of course cracking leather. that may have to do with your problem, if you put your seat all the way back. looks like most people got their problem fixed under warranty so you might be good on that.

just read the description in the thread see if its the same issue
There is a support for the back in the seat, which broke and now my back arches when I sit to drive. Which is not comfortable. I know it is broke as I heard it snap and I instantly lost the lumbar support.