Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 PM   #14939
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 6,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Brain View Post
the Z/28 was hated because it was 75k.

The ZL1 imo is still very capable car. Buy a cam and a pulley set and 700hp is right under your foot. Not to mention will easily pull 1G in cornering AND about 200lbs lighter than the Hellcat.

Sure the public LOVES to magazine race. But IMHO - the best bang drag car is still the outgoing 5.0 Mustang GT.

30k and your pick of forced induction mods with drag radials and you are 10s all day. 9s if you want to push it.

This IS the car that GM neglected to make. Maybe next time

People hate the Z/28 because it doesn't come with all the "stuff" we have been trained to believe a car needs. If it came with power adjustable seats that were heated, cooled and massaged their ass, heated and cooled steering wheel, GPS and all the other gadgetry, it would be worth the price. They don't care about carbon ceramic brakes, a hand built V8, standard Recaros, DSSV suspension and all the engineering that went it to it. They want the stuff and the ability to say they have a Z/28. That is what matters most to people now a days.

I'm the opposite. I want my car to be like a Z/28. I don't need all the technology. I don't need power seats. The A/C in my car doesn't even work. I just roll the window down.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #14940
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
People hate the Z/28 because it doesn't come with all the "stuff" we have been trained to believe a car needs. If it came with power adjustable seats that were heated, cooled and massaged their ass, heated and cooled steering wheel, GPS and all the other gadgetry, it would be worth the price. They don't care about carbon ceramic brakes, a hand built V8, standard Recaros, DSSV suspension and all the engineering that went it to it. They want the stuff and the ability to say they have a Z/28. That is what matters most to people now a days.

I'm the opposite. I want my car to be like a Z/28. I don't need all the technology. I don't need power seats. The A/C in my car doesn't even work. I just roll the window down.
100% agreed!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:11 PM   #14941
JusticePete

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 19,857
108 in Texas or 95 by 95 in Virginia and I want AC.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:17 PM   #14942
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 6,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
108 in Texas or 95 by 95 in Virginia and I want AC.
I live in So Cal and it gets that hot here too. A/C would be nice but I can live without it.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:48 AM   #14943
Col. Brain
 
Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Otherside of the screen
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
People hate the Z/28 because it doesn't come with all the "stuff" we have been trained to believe a car needs. If it came with power adjustable seats that were heated, cooled and massaged their ass, heated and cooled steering wheel, GPS and all the other gadgetry, it would be worth the price. They don't care about carbon ceramic brakes, a hand built V8, standard Recaros, DSSV suspension and all the engineering that went it to it. They want the stuff and the ability to say they have a Z/28. That is what matters most to people now a days.

I'm the opposite. I want my car to be like a Z/28. I don't need all the technology. I don't need power seats. The A/C in my car doesn't even work. I just roll the window down.
i guess. Most of the crying i saw was "overpriced" "its too much for the average joe" etc
IDK

I love what the Z/28 is. In fact it may even have too much "stuff" for me.

It is a factory hot rod that really IMO only needs a beefier camshaft to utilize those heads

i want one to drive daily.
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #14944
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 10,190
Poe Tayyy Toe

Poe Tahhh Toe

If there were only one answer we'd be bored stiff.

Imagine if we were arguing over which of the 3 4400 pound 707 hp cars was the best.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #14945
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 6,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Brain View Post
i guess. Most of the crying i saw was "overpriced" "its too much for the average joe" etc
IDK

I love what the Z/28 is. In fact it may even have too much "stuff" for me.

It is a factory hot rod that really IMO only needs a beefier camshaft to utilize those heads

i want one to drive daily.
Yeah, well you can thank emissions regulations for the camshaft. Even if I could afford one, I would have to leave it stock due to living in California.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #14946
Col. Brain
 
Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Otherside of the screen
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Yeah, well you can thank emissions regulations for the camshaft. Even if I could afford one, I would have to leave it stock due to living in California.
I am just outside of Chicago's testing circle

Although there was some chatter about making it statewide - i doubt it happens. It is a bunch of farmland outside of Chicago and then down by St Louis (the other testing area in the state)

Its a liberal and corrupt state - but at least it is concentrated
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #14947
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 6,033
Ouch, C7 Z06 weighs 3,525 lbs. I knew it would be heavy but that is not good.

http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373638
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #14948
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 10,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Ouch, C7 Z06 weighs 3,525 lbs. I knew it would be heavy but that is not good.

http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373638
On the C6 Z06, the aluminum frame and carbon fiber shaved over 160 pounds. The MUCH bigger wheels, tires, brakes and 8 quart dry sump LS7 added most of it right back in. So now that that the base C7 has the aluminum frame and CF, the Z06 is pure plus weight for all that performance.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #14949
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 6,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
On the C6 Z06, the aluminum frame and carbon fiber shaved over 160 pounds. The MUCH bigger wheels, tires, brakes and 8 quart dry sump LS7 added most of it right back in. So now that that the base C7 has the aluminum frame and CF, the Z06 is pure plus weight for all that performance.
I understand that and was one of the few people who expected a significant weight gain. I'm just disappointed one of my favorite badges is so far off what it used to be.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #14950
TonyNDeb
 
TonyNDeb's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 AGM Z28
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Cleveland, NY
Posts: 308
I wish my Z/28 had manual windows/mirrors. I'm the only one that drives it, so once the mirrors are set, I'm good. Don't need to use the windows with the working AC.
TonyNDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:35 PM   #14951
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 10,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNDeb View Post
I wish my Z/28 had manual windows/mirrors. I'm the only one that drives it, so once the mirrors are set, I'm good. Don't need to use the windows with the working AC.
That would take it to a new level.......but likely only save 5 more pounds.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:36 PM   #14952
macalot
 
macalot's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 + 2015 Z/28s F250 SD
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pittsburgh Area, Pa
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNDeb View Post
I wish my Z/28 had manual windows/mirrors. ........ Don't need to use the windows with the working AC.
I believe GM said that manual windows actually added weight to the car over the electric version. Of course that little bit of weight won't mean much to those that won't be able to, or don't want to, push the car to where it matters.
macalot is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro vs House? P. Ham 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 82 05-20-2011 06:03 PM
House approves $2B more for 'cash for clunkers shank0668 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 3 07-31-2009 05:36 PM
3rd Annual Corvette Open House at MacMulkin Chevrolet-WELCOMES the ALL NEW CAMARO!! MacMulkin USA - New England 2 04-11-2009 10:16 AM
White House Approves $17.4 Billion Auto Loans to GM & Chrysler josh1147 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 97 12-29-2008 03:21 PM
White House says auto loans deal not imminent camaro5 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 11 12-15-2008 12:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.