Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #226
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion
 
RayZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: Autobot
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tha Valley
Posts: 693
Here's how mine went in.... ill put some more later of the finished product and under the hood..
Attached Images
    
__________________
RayZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:41 PM   #227
LBJ
 
LBJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 camaro 1LS. M6
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lithopolis OHIO
Posts: 277
Yes they do I have a 2012 v6
__________________
Mods..mrt v2. Cai intake v max throttle body. 20% windo tint & RX catch can Gianna 20in rims nitto 555 & afterburner tail lights RS halo head lights & gm heat extractor 4 pack gauges & panted heritage Grille & zl1sproler t5 splitter custom head rest
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:50 PM   #228
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 18,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
Nice... now to find out if it fits V6 models..
Yes they will if they are 2012 and up....mine is a V6.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #229
Compromis/sed
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 140
Thanks! Great Mod.

Thanks for the great DIY write-up and thanks to Dexter9522 for answering some questions. Very pleased with the outcome.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Compromis/sed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #230
Compromis/sed
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 140
Front

Front.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Compromis/sed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #231
Dexter9522
 
Drives: SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Az
Posts: 257
Looks great man. Adds a whole new look to the front end. Nothing like cutting a hole in a 35,000 dollar car
__________________
2013 ss M6 471 / 428 adm intake / texas speed 1 7/8 long tubes no cats / npp / slp underdive pulley / cordes performance defibrillator cam / ported throttle body, intake manifold by CPR tuning by nic D
Dexter9522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #232
Compromis/sed
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 140
Thanks buddy. I appreciate all your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter9522 View Post
Looks great man. Adds a whole new look to the front end. Nothing like cutting a hole in a 35,000 dollar car
__________________
Compromis/sed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #233
dlluinstra
David
 
dlluinstra's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LT2 RS Red Jewel Tint
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: E TN
Posts: 126
If anyone has added the heat extractor to a car with rally stripes, would you post pictures?
Thank You
David
dlluinstra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #234
Jerry7297
 
Jerry7297's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromis/sed View Post
Front.
Came out Great and looks bad ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter9522 View Post
Looks great man. Adds a whole new look to the front end. Nothing like cutting a hole in a 35,000 dollar car
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlluinstra View Post
If anyone has added the heat extractor to a car with rally stripes, would you post pictures?
Thank You
David
Look on page 2 user "mickmosh" posted his install and he has rally stripes. I think it looks good.
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #235
Compromis/sed
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 140
Thanks Jerry! Wouldn't have even tried without your write-up.

[QUOTE=Jerry7297;7864901]Came out Great and looks bad ass
__________________
Compromis/sed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #236
AuburnGrad93
 
AuburnGrad93's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Summit White Vert 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chattanooga, TN & McDonough, GA
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
Here's how mine went in.... ill put some more later of the finished product and under the hood..
Looks great! Waiting on more pictures especially under the hood views!
__________________
1999 30th Anniversary Convertible Trans Am
2001 SOM Convertible Trans AM
2012 2SS/RS Summit White Convertible



My Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224339
AuburnGrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #237
TexasFright
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS, 2013 Acura ILX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 169
This is awesome! I've never trust my shaky non mechanically inclined hands to attempt this
TexasFright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:58 AM   #238
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS
 
ZWA SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perry, ok
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlluinstra View Post
If anyone has added the heat extractor to a car with rally stripes, would you post pictures?
Thank You
David
I hope to do mine soon.
Not rally stripes, but custom 45th styled stripes.
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #239
94guy

 
Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: louisiana
Posts: 1,472
does it work with the whipple?
__________________
10.05@139.5
Daily Driver
RWHP JRE TUNING Whipple supercharged
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #240
Jerry7297
 
Jerry7297's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94guy View Post
does it work with the whipple?
If you install with out a rain tray yes. I still have not seen anyone successfully install with a Whipple. Maybe someone else Knows.....



http://www.slponline.com/product/620...extractor.html
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #241
justjoshin
 
justjoshin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 697
I like the look of the ACS TLE vent, I PM's them and it sounds like they may be making something for the 2010-2013 hoods.... I hope so!
__________________
Cold Air Inductions CAI • SP LT Headers with cats • Lethal Dyno Tune (383 rwhp) • Magnaflow mufflers with quad tips • CFD polished strut covers • Spoiler 5 by Carbon by Design • heritage grill • SLP front splitter • ZL1 rockers & diffuser • Drake Shifter • 69 SS Emblems • Tinted windows, markers, & tail lights • Black tail light bezels • FR Style 41 silver machine 20x9 & 20x10 wheels
justjoshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #242
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion
 
RayZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: Autobot
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tha Valley
Posts: 693
finally got around to snapping some pics of the final product..
Attached Images
     
__________________
RayZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #243
Chaxce
V8 if you're straight
 
Chaxce's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2012 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Uvalde Tx
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
finally got around to snapping some pics of the final product..

Looks ****ing epic, love the car. What's the difficulty on this project?
__________________
2012 2SS/RS, mods coming soon
Chaxce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:11 PM   #244
Jerry7297
 
Jerry7297's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
finally got around to snapping some pics of the final product..

Looks Great
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #245
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion
 
RayZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: Autobot
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tha Valley
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaxce View Post
Looks ****ing epic, love the car. What's the difficulty on this project?
Thanks! The whole cutting part is obviously the toughest part.. I didn't have the tools to do it myself so I had it done a at a local body shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry7297 View Post
Looks Great
Thanks!!
__________________
RayZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #246
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701
 
KaBoom1701's Avatar
 
Drives: SOLD: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: I.E. SoCal
Posts: 3,120
So I have a question for everyone that has done this...

I track my car at speeds over 100-110mph on the road course. Has anyone who has this hood vent been at those speeds and can confirm the stability of the hood vent and hood.

Don't really want to do this and have my hood flopping up and down while I'm at Fontana Speedway.

Thx
__________________
Sold the V6 Camaro.........

Camaro-less atm...shopping for a ZL1
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #247
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion
 
RayZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: Autobot
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tha Valley
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
So I have a question for everyone that has done this...

I track my car at speeds over 100-110mph on the road course. Has anyone who has this hood vent been at those speeds and can confirm the stability of the hood vent and hood.

Don't really want to do this and have my hood flopping up and down while I'm at Fontana Speedway.

Thx
ive done over 100 several times since i had it installed.. theres nothing in any of the components in this that moves or anything close to that.. basically if you do the install right high speeds shouldnt mess with its stability.. as with stock Camaros that carry this part.
__________________
RayZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:17 PM   #248
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701
 
KaBoom1701's Avatar
 
Drives: SOLD: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: I.E. SoCal
Posts: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
ive done over 100 several times since i had it installed.. theres nothing in any of the components in this that moves or anything close to that.. basically if you do the install right high speeds shouldnt mess with its stability.. as with stock Camaros that carry this part.

Ok,

Thx for the feedback!
__________________
Sold the V6 Camaro.........

Camaro-less atm...shopping for a ZL1
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:54 PM   #249
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.
 
LSX Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Laguna Niguel, Ca.
Posts: 459
I recently finished up installing the vent on my 2010. I made the template from cardboard. With the vent upside down you can place the cut cardboard and see how your cut line will look. There is a decent margin for error. I used a electric cut off die grinder with a 6" wheel. I masked off the hood and fenders with tape, cover the engine and car with blankets. Looking back it would have been better to remove the hood and cut away from the car.

My advice is measure and re-measure then measure again. Only cut once. I went to my local Chevy dealer and measured a new Camaro on the lot to get the placement measurements. It is 16 1/4 from the back of the hood to the edge of the vent. However that is not your cutting line. The center left/right is easy with the line in the hood.
There are 6 mounting studs on the vent, I made my own brackets to secure. With the insulation cut they are all hidden. I did not use the factory under hood water deflector. Defeats the entire purpose of venting out under hood heat. Over all it was an easy install that came out great. Anyone considering this just remember to measure and make sure your template is accurate.
__________________
10 2SSRS A6, Custom Cam Spec/Tune by Pat G. WCCH Cylinder Heads, Kooks Headers/Exhaust, BTR Valve train, Fluidampr 25% under drive pulley, All ARP bolts, Flex-a-lite radiator and Transmission cooler, Yank converter, PFADT Suspension, Nitrous Express 150 shot, ADM Intake with race scoop, Torq tow hook, CFD custom auto shifter, Dynojet AFR gauge, Aeroforce scan gauge, Brake Performance rotors and pads
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #250
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701
 
KaBoom1701's Avatar
 
Drives: SOLD: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: I.E. SoCal
Posts: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX Camaro View Post
I recently finished up installing the vent on my 2010. I made the template from cardboard. With the vent upside down you can place the cut cardboard and see how your cut line will look. There is a decent margin for error. I used a electric cut off die grinder with a 6" wheel. I masked off the hood and fenders with tape, cover the engine and car with blankets. Looking back it would have been better to remove the hood and cut away from the car.

My advice is measure and re-measure then measure again. Only cut once. I went to my local Chevy dealer and measured a new Camaro on the lot to get the placement measurements. It is 16 1/4 from the back of the hood to the edge of the vent. However that is not your cutting line. The center left/right is easy with the line in the hood.
There are 6 mounting studs on the vent, I made my own brackets to secure. With the insulation cut they are all hidden. I did not use the factory under hood water deflector. Defeats the entire purpose of venting out under hood heat. Over all it was an easy install that came out great. Anyone considering this just remember to measure and make sure your template is accurate.
Good. How much will you charge to do mine? lol
__________________
Sold the V6 Camaro.........

Camaro-less atm...shopping for a ZL1
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.