Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Trunk Monkey Parts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #183
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
The hennessey shifter has adjustable shift stops, adjustable shifter height and comes with urethane bushings for the shifter mount.

The hurst is just a stick with a bearing at the bottom. I dont like the $500 price tag either, but you're getting alot more shifter, for alot more money. But at least you're getting alot more shifter!
Do you have one on your car at this time?

The hurst is adjustable shifter height You have threads on the stick and as for adjustable shift stops i did not think that a shifter that dos not have linkage needs to be adjustable, It is a positive stop trans and this is from the trans manufacture call for your self 1-800-401-9866.
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #184
RobertHarriSS
 
RobertHarriSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
$360 is great compared to hennesseys $500
Screw Hennessey...https://www.vengeancerd.com/ecart/products.php?product=Ripshift-Manual-Shifter-2010-Camaro{47}G8
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #185
Genevieve
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: St. louis
Posts: 161
Nice freakin Find!!!
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #186
jpsuperman81
That's Right 478whp450tq!
 
jpsuperman81's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Posts: 2,331
Nice find I've expressed my dislike for hennessy's high prices and markup on more than on ocassion. This is just further proof, it's sad they are such a big company and they rip people off left and right.
__________________
I would like to apoligize ahead of time if any of my posts bother you, I am quite a large smartass and very expressive of my opinion!
I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum!
Ordered Feb. 13 2009: 2SS/RS/M6/Sunroof/ Rally Yellow built 8/7 Vin# 33534, Delivered 8/26/09!
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #187
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
Screw Hennessey...https://www.vengeancerd.com/ecart/products.php?product=Ripshift-Manual-Shifter-2010-Camaro{47}G8
+1 Hennessey = High on price.
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #188
JDBeck23

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: King George, Va
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
Screw Hennessey...https://www.vengeancerd.com/ecart/products.php?product=Ripshift-Manual-Shifter-2010-Camaro{47}G8
Wow, great find!
__________________

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #189
JDBeck23

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: King George, Va
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Do you have one on your car at this time?

The hurst is adjustable shifter height You have threads on the stick and as for adjustable shift stops i did not think that a shifter that dos not have linkage needs to be adjustable, It is a positive stop trans and this is from the trans manufacture call for your self 1-800-401-9866.
Im fully aware that the TR-6060 has internal shift stops. I've also seen many issues posted on mustang forums and camaro forums for T-56 shift fork failures... despite having internal shift stops. T-56 was the Borg Warner designation for essentially what would be come our TR-6060 after Tremec bought out Borg Warner.

So while I understand there's internal stops.. I like the added benefit of having absolute rock solid stops built into the shifter base.

Having threads does not make it adjustable height. If that's the way the Ripshift and Hurst are trying to claim adjust ability, that's very cheap.

Have you seen the shifter for the Camaro? Have you seen the little attachment at the bottom of the shifter shaft that has a roller bearing? That part that it's connected to, "links" the shifter to the transmission... oops, that's called linkage.
__________________

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #190
FYRFTR02
 
Drives: Silverado
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chesterfield Va.
Posts: 57
Shifter is shown on the Hurst website, list is 441.66. Instruction sheet and the shifters are not available at this time. Expect availability four to six weeks.
FYRFTR02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #191
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
Im fully aware that the TR-6060 has internal shift stops. I've also seen many issues posted on mustang forums and camaro forums for T-56 shift fork failures... despite having internal shift stops. T-56 was the Borg Warner designation for essentially what would be come our TR-6060 after Tremec bought out Borg Warner.

So while I understand there's internal stops.. I like the added benefit of having absolute rock solid stops built into the shifter base.

Having threads does not make it adjustable height. If that's the way the Ripshift and Hurst are trying to claim adjust ability, that's very cheap.

Have you seen the shifter for the Camaro? Have you seen the little attachment at the bottom of the shifter shaft that has a roller bearing? That part that it's connected to, "links" the shifter to the transmission... oops, that's called linkage.
Yes i have, And i and have the hurst on my car it is the best one out there.
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:55 AM   #192
JDBeck23

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: King George, Va
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Yes i have, And i and have the hurst on my car it is the best one out there.
Well im glad you spent the money, made a mod to your car and you're happy with it.

But please understand that not everyone wants a chrome shifter with HURST cast into the side in their car, while it's the best for you, it may not be the best for everyone else.
__________________

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #193
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
Well im glad you spent the money, made a mod to your car and you're happy with it.

But please understand that not everyone wants a chrome shifter with HURST cast into the side in their car, while it's the best for you, it may not be the best for everyone else.
I know but on this thread i am the OP so start one for your self, Ad if you read some of the posts on this thread you will find that you will get a 2nd upper for your factory nob as part of the shifter....
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #194
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,840
Update new upper 1/2 of shifter

So i got the new upper 1/2 of the shifter and put it on today.
Attached Images
                   
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #195
jpsuperman81
That's Right 478whp450tq!
 
jpsuperman81's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Posts: 2,331
Hurst rocks by giving the option, but I like the old school white ball better.
__________________
I would like to apoligize ahead of time if any of my posts bother you, I am quite a large smartass and very expressive of my opinion!
I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum!
Ordered Feb. 13 2009: 2SS/RS/M6/Sunroof/ Rally Yellow built 8/7 Vin# 33534, Delivered 8/26/09!
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #196
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette DSOM, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Hurst rocks by giving the option, but I like the old school white ball better.
Yea i agree! Even better with a T handle!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 Camaro Billet Aluminum Fuel Door - Installed! Heat Metal Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 41 08-13-2012 03:55 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
REAPER Package installed on L99 2010 Camaro SS!! Late Model Racecraft Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 33 07-25-2009 02:16 AM
The Camaro, what it has come to mean for me Number 3 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 23 04-13-2009 09:31 PM
Request: Camaro Hurst Shifter RonManR Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 55 10-19-2008 01:35 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.