|08-25-2009, 02:58 PM||#1|
CA Statewide Meet
Ok boys and girls what did we decide on for our Statewide meet?
1. We have it in conjunction with a known Car event. A GM sponsored event would be nice.
2. We chose area organizers (North, South, Central, etc) to help facilitate the movement of smaller groups. This will help everyone get to the bigger meet.
3. We establish a communications network (walkie talkies, contact phone numbers, etc) to help with the movement coordination of our group.
4. We establish contact points/areas to help with the movement of the smaller and large groups.
5. We establish lead and tail drivers to help control our movements
6. We establish videographer(s) to help video document our meet.
7. We establish a list of people who will be attending and what vehicles they will bring.
8. We establish a meet itinerary, to include a map of the cruise routes. This should be issued, at least a couple of days before the meet, to all drivers.
9. The meet areas should provide parking spaces large enough to accommodate all of our vehicles, provide rest room facilities, and the cruise route should encompass an eating facility large enough for all of us.
I have more suggestions but I don’t want to appear anymore anal than I have too
Last edited by Sketti; 08-25-2009 at 05:57 PM.
|08-25-2009, 03:35 PM||#2|
Voice Of The Voiceless
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
I would definately like to see this turn into something good... we would all have to coordinate the dates though and location. i think those are the two big "issues" everyone is going to have
|08-25-2009, 04:35 PM||#5|
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
since we will have about 50 or more 5th gens if 80% or more of the Norcal and SoCal people that have gone to their respective meets, I think we shuld rent out buttonwilow's track. It's pretty close to the middle of San Diego and Sac/SF. It would only cost people gas to get there, and about 100 bucks (it's around 5000 to rent for the day, divide that my 50). According to the poll, a big majority wanted late June or July.
We wouldn't need a lead and trail car for that, and videography would be pretty cool. Also, maybe we can try to get GM to sponser the event and slap a magnetic sticker or something on every car going to and from the track to advertise for them as we will be driving quite a bit to get there.
If something like this goes down, I could help with the maps/directions, etc. etc. and creating the list and contact info.
|08-25-2009, 05:02 PM||#6|
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/'65 Malibu SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Killa' Cali
Should have my ride in a week to week-and-a-half. Is In Transit as we speak. I would be interested in meeting up for this one.
NMCVBC - CGM 2SS/RS/BLK/A6
(original order date): 06/27/09
3000 (accepted to production): 08/17/2009 TPW
3300 (scheduled for prod): 08/17/09
3400 (broadcast): 08/18/09
3800 (produced): 08/22/09 A9138699
4200 (shipped): 8/24/09
5000 (at dealer): 09/04/09
6000 (del to cus): 09/04/09
|08-25-2009, 05:53 PM||#7|
|08-25-2009, 05:58 PM||#9|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|August 8th Motorgen Meet Fullerton CA||SeanPlunk||USA - California||10||08-10-2009 12:18 AM|
|July 18th Motorgen Meet Fullerton CA||SeanPlunk||USA - California||21||07-19-2009 04:22 PM|
|West Virginia/ surrounding areas meet||Mohrg Beast||USA - Mid-Atlantic||2||07-17-2009 02:03 PM|
|Michigan FBody Meet & Greet, May 30th, Milford Michigan||meissen||USA - Great Lakes||23||05-30-2009 10:24 PM|