Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 08-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #26
redjewel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I was beat lastnite by a new Mustang GT. This guy was a cocky prick. I went to pick up my daughter and her freind from the movies and on the way this guy kept 'playing' with me. Begging me to race. I thought I knew better than to race as slow as my car is but got pissed at the last light. Those two guys were laughing there asses off. (that's right, 2 guys in his car) The last light was actually an entrace to a highway and wide open so when the light turned green I punched it. Got a little better jump than them but .

I only went to about 70 mph. Speed limit is 65, and would have went even farther but what was the point. They were WELL out in front. This car is freaking slow and I'm disgusted. Maybe it gets fixed and gets fast but in the mean time the first 3 months with my car have been a disapointment. And this incident really stung.

It goes in the shop Tuesday for the TAC stuff and to fix the Tachometer. I don't want it back until it's fixed. I wish there were a way to have ALL of you guys drive this Fing thing. You'de see what I'm talking about.

Tired of the jokes. Tired of the tests. Tired of the questions. Tired of explaining the issue. Tired of people doubting it. Just about tired of the car.
Had a guy in an SRT8 jeep playing with me yesterday. I knew better and didn't play back because I was afraid he would take me. I aint playin until my car is like Scott's and repeka's new one. I am not going to be the guy with the slow RJT SS. I would rather just be known ass the guy who won't race. GM give us what you gave Scott so we are not embarrased to be driving these wonderful Camaros.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #27
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmurphy View Post
I can completely relate to your situation. My car (2SS/RS A6) dynoed at 297 hp on its best run the other day. I just got through doing some 0-60 runs with the car and here are the results

Traction control off

Traction control on (thought I would see if it made any difference)

That pretty much sums it up.
I have an appointment with my dealer tomorrow to get them to look at the car.

Wow, I thought Scott's car was the only one running that slow. You definately need some of that magically GM high octane gas they gave Scott.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #28
vinyljunkie
SoCal C5 Family Member

I have a 2ss/rs m6. I know that the people who talk the most are pretty much immature blowjobs and kill the drag/racing world. no need for d-bags here.

Doesnt the A6 paddle shift have paddle shift? And dont let it get to you .... maybe thats why shes all up in you or maybe she likes you.... then have your girl kill her with her IS but on a track
vinyljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #29
jhmurphy

Drives: Grey Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post

Wow, I thought Scott's car was the only one running that slow. You definately need some of that magically GM high octane gas they gave Scott.
I would love some of that magical juice for my baby. Went to the dealer and now have an open case with them #10991734 hope to hear back tomorrow from the district rep.
jhmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #30
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyljunkie View Post
I have a 2ss/rs m6. I know that the people who talk the most are pretty much immature blowjobs and kill the drag/racing world. no need for d-bags here.

Doesnt the A6 paddle shift have paddle shift? And dont let it get to you .... maybe thats why shes all up in you or maybe she likes you.... then have your girl kill her with her IS but on a track
May be a good idea. But that GT that jumped allover me the other night has me even more pissed.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #31
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Well as frustrating as this must be for you guys, The good news is GM is working it.

It's frustrating I know but hang in there. They've obviously been caught off guard on this one.

Hang in there.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #32
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
So I think I've seen 2 L99s visited by GM reps. What exactly did the GM folks say the problem was and what was does to solve the problem(s)? Was everything related to gas only???

Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #33
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Well as frustrating as this must be for you guys, The good news is GM is working it.

It's frustrating I know but hang in there. They've obviously been caught off guard on this one.

Hang in there.

Dealer has my car. Meaningless. He put down "Customer claims that the Horse Power of vehicle is insufficient".

I told him that wasn't exactly what I wanted on the sheet but that the car is simply not getting the acceleration it should. He said that they don't deal in 'times' but HP and performance. Whatever that means. That's fine, as long as I do as I'm told with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
So I think I've seen 2 L99s visited by GM reps. What exactly did the GM folks say the problem was and what was does to solve the problem(s)? Was everything related to gas only???
so far as we know.

I know about Scotts. Who is the other one?
Old 08-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #34
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Quote:
Dealer has my car. Meaningless. He put down "Customer claims that the Horse Power of vehicle is insufficient".

I told him that wasn't exactly what I wanted on the sheet but that the car is simply not getting the acceleration it should. He said that they don't deal in 'times' but HP and performance. Whatever that means. That's fine, as long as I do as I'm told with the car.

so far as we know.

I know about Scotts. Who is the other one?
Again, Dealers FTF....

You'd think they'd at least try and educate themselves on the issue???

Old 08-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #35
JSOC_MQ1

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Thanks to your threads about the A6 problem, I made sure my dealer put 93 octane in the car.
One of the first things I tested was the 0-60 times (yea, I know no vid. or pic's sorry) with only about 10 miles on the car. It was right at between the 5 - 5.5 sec. times.
I also told the dealer about the problems that other people have been having and they are making sure that the 93 octane get's in all future camaros (they have 11 more coming in next month).

Now, not to thread jack or anything, but I get my car back on Thursday and am looking forward to the times with the below mod's:

New Era OTR Intake
ARH LT & 3" exhaust
SLP PowerFlo mufflers and tips (making full 3" exhaust)
All installed by my dealer

I will post up a video when I get it back.
JSOC_MQ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #36
CRUSHER2SS

I do a lot of reading and not much posting, however on this issue I feel compelled to add my 2 cents.

1) My L99 couldn't pull away from a VW bug
2) My L99 can't smoke the tires -( yes I know all about how to turn off the traction control etc.......)
3) I only have 91 octane available in this area, and yes I only run 91 and I put in the 91 GAS for the initial fill from the dealer myself.
4) There are several issues that GM needs to correct, telling you 93 octane gas fixed the problem is BS.
5) I Don't buy the line, 93 octane is the fix, they uploaded a new ECM program and tune for your car and fixed your problem. What about the rest of us??????????
5) We all need the new ECM tune and update you received or even a better one so the car can deliver and perform according to the stated factory specs or better.
6) The dealers need to be notified of this problem so they can speak intelligently to their loyal GM customers and fix the problem ASAP..........................

This fix is taking way too long and they will loose market share to Ford when they try to convert Pony drivers to Camaro drivers especially when the future customers know there is a problem with the L99s. They read this Forum also..........
CRUSHER2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #37
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSOC_MQ1 View Post
Thanks to your threads about the A6 problem, I made sure my dealer put 93 octane in the car.
One of the first things I tested was the 0-60 times (yea, I know no vid. or pic's sorry) with only about 10 miles on the car. It was right at between the 5 - 5.5 sec. times.
I also told the dealer about the problems that other people have been having and they are making sure that the 93 octane get's in all future camaros (they have 11 more coming in next month).

Now, not to thread jack or anything, but I get my car back on Thursday and am looking forward to the times with the below mod's:

New Era OTR Intake
ARH LT & 3" exhaust

Cool. Start a thread when you get it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Again, Dealers FTF....

You'd think they'd at least try and educate themselves on the issue???

I tried to let him know what was going on but they just look at me like I'm rambling. Not their fault, just don't have any info from the top. I guess if I was them, I'd be doing the same thing. They are going to 'test' my car and call me and tell me I can pick it up and it is running fine. Again, not flaming the dealer. What else can they do?

Sure the car 'feels' strong, but it's being held back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSHER2SS View Post
6) The dealers need to be notified of this problem so they can speak intelligently to their loyal GM customers and fix the problem ASAP..........................

Old 08-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #38
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
I'm seeing the same RPMs on all of them.
It did seem like in the first few videos, especially from second to third between 55MPH and 60MPH you can clearly see the hesitation in the speedometer. Very bizarre. The last video probably has times in the low 6.0's, which is markedly better than what Scott was putting up earlier. I really hope you can enjoy the car now. Sucks it happened in the first place. I'll also add that changing the octane of gas seems like a very unlikely fix, although the computer hard reset (ECM) may have helped. If you know it won't void your warranty, pull the fuses and check it out to confirm. Better than sitting idly by and complaining about it. GM isn't going to contact you over time, so don't sit on this.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #39
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
The last run in this thread was like 5.4 in 90 degree temps and humid. If we had the 1 foot rollout it would be like 4.9-5.2 The 1 foot rollout is the same you get at the track and when they do 0-60 testing in the mags for wheel spin.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #40
PQ

WTH good is one foot follout? Why not just make it a solid time?

I can bench jpress 1000 Lbs. (with 700 lbs. of non-weight.)
Old 08-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #41
2011RS/SS

Drives: 2013 427 Convertible CE
it definetely looks like they adjusted some parameters in the programming. Don't know if they did anything in the fuel and spark tables, but they def did something with the shiftpoints. The car shifts a lot harder than it did
2011RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #42
Revo1
Camaronogamous

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyljunkie View Post

That IS is a 6 spd...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #43
Revo1
Camaronogamous

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Almost 7 secs to 60?? My '02 A4 does noticeably better than that... Hope they can get that worked out

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #44
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
The last run in this thread was like 5.4 in 90 degree temps and humid. If we had the 1 foot rollout it would be like 4.9-5.2 The 1 foot rollout is the same you get at the track and when they do 0-60 testing in the mags for wheel spin.
Glad I was wrong. I was counting "Mississippi's" so that may have added extra time. Sorry Scott.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #45
ibznu2010

Drives: 2010 blk 2SS RS polished wheel
Hey guys. Got 0-60 dynolicious 5.06 95 degrees Georgia heat. Added hennesey cold air. Adding headers & high flow cats & tune on monday 8-31-09. Also gets a dyno. Will let my state neighbors know the results. stay tuned. & how about that car ride you promised. Igot a car show coming up in Albany Ga. Lets get together. Power to the max.
ibznu2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #46
JICPerformance
Here to make you faster

Drives: 2005 GTO supercharged 2009 GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSOC_MQ1 View Post

New Era OTR Intake
ARH LT & 3" exhaust

I hate to know what a dealer is going to charge to install that! I only charge $250 for header installation. What are they charging you, about $500?

Have any of you guys tried disconnecting the battery overnight?

One last thing that I thought of, is that they are probably adjusting the Torque Management part of the computer tuning. Torque Management is what is responsible for the sluggishness off of the line and between gears. It essentially pulls timing and slightly closes the throttle to pull back some power to stop from breaking driveline parts as easy.
JICPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #47

Drives: 1970 Chevelle
I wonder if this problem has something to do with the Active Fuel Management (AFM) that drops cylinders in order to save a couple miles per gallon on the gas mileage. Is it possible that for some people, that AFM is a few hundred milliseconds slow reacting to the WOT sensor or whatever else disables it to allow the engine to operate at peak performance?
Is there an easy way to temporarily disable AFM, without hurting anything, so that it would not even try to drop cylinders at all?

Just a thought....
366250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #48
96_2010_CAMARO

Drives: 2012 SIM Camaro 2SS/RS , yukon
Send a message via MSN to 96_2010_CAMARO
Is the problem on all L99's or some ???????
cause u guys scared the hell out of me
Old 08-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #49
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_2010_CAMARO View Post
Is the problem on all L99's or some ???????
cause u guys scared the hell out of me
It depends on whether or not you car has had low octane fuel in it.

If it hasn't then you should be good to go. If it has then you should do the reset...

Heck I'd reset it anyway.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #50
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
My L99 seems to run fine.

I had a long on-ramp getting on the freeway, so I tested it. Spun up to 5800-6000 before shifting to second with tranction control on. Had to get out of it to merge onto freeway. Seemed ok, but I may not know the difference.

If GM does come up with a fix, you can bet I will do it anyway. Got a need for speed.....safely.
d69chris is offline   Reply With Quote