Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2009, 07:15 AM   #43
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
Ultimate Performance and racing is picking my car up Monday to put their first V6 turbo on..ill keep you guys posted..its gonna be a months work in the process.anything they send me ill post for you guys. its gonna be kicking about 450 whp so its gonna dominate even the stock SS's
are you sure they aren't installing a Turbonator?



Without the ability to tune the V6, no one is going to build and install a turbo kit... PERIOD!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #44
trudawg660

 
Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
are you sure they aren't installing a Turbonator?



Without the ability to tune the V6, no one is going to build and install a turbo kit... PERIOD!
i have seen you say this in a couple of threads, how do you know they are not attempting to tune the car? they do have to start somewhere. or someone has been successful in tuning
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #45
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
i have seen you say this in a couple of threads, how do you know they are not attempting to tune the car? they do have to start somewhere. or someone has been successful in tuning
The companies that develop turbo kits are not the ones that develop the tuning capabilities... That is usually done by a separate companies like HPT, SCT, etc. The turbo companies are going to wait for the tuning companies to develop the tuning software... then the turbo companies can start their work...

As of now the tuning companies don't have a product... hence the turbo companies are waiting...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #46
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
check out my turbo thread of how mad he got just knowing im getting a turbo installed. he followed me to that thread talking this crap too. saying just because hennessey and two other companies gave up that nobody can crack the tuning..but ohh well im still getting my turbo and hell still be preaching "nobody can tune it" while im out there driving a turbo'd V6. if they cant tune it then OHH WELL ill just get my money back from the company and wait. then when the tuning does get cracked. "GUESS WHAT!!!" ill be getting my turbo anyway..itl just take more time. BIG DEAL..quit being soo upset about nothing.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #47
dmack2k7
 
Drives: 02 mitsubishi Eclipse SpyderGT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: FT. Bragg, NC
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
is anyone still interested in buying a STS turbo?
yes ill still be buyin a sts turbo. im in afghanistan right now but ill be back soon and my camaro will finally be there. ive already contacted sts and i will pre order my kit
dmack2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #48
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
im glad to hear you are getting one..will you please PM me and keep me updated. i would really like for me and you to compare our two cars so everyone can see the difference if any in Hp, and decided for themselves when theyre ready which turbo to install in their car. Im getting the old fashion under the hood deal and youre getting the STS. I was really interested in getting an STS too till i was contacted with a special offer. So id really like me and you to collaborate once youre back and its installed to compare and contrast our two cars. that is if you have a V6, if not it wouldnt be much of a comparison. LOL. keep me posted either way.im very interested in the STS and how it performs.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #49
STS Guy
Marketing and Sales
 
Drives: P-R-O-J-E-C-T-S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedout010 View Post
rear mounts are junk stay away
Please elaborate on the junk part if you will. I really am interested in where we can make the right changes...ect.

As far as the individual that states we buy parts and then resell as our own.
Sorry, but that is an incorrect fact. We build our our turbos, BOV, wastegates...ect. I have hundreds of pics, PO's...ect

Now the springs-yep, you got me. Don't make those. I am on this forum to clear up misconcpetions and untruths. I would rather not hear about someones buddies'[ cousin who is dating a roomate of a friend who is married
to her uncle who bought a system from a guy named Ted......ect.
STS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #50
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by STS Guy View Post
Please elaborate on the junk part if you will. I really am interested in where we can make the right changes...ect.

As far as the individual that states we buy parts and then resell as our own.
Sorry, but that is an incorrect fact. We build our our turbos, BOV, wastegates...ect. I have hundreds of pics, PO's...ect

Now the springs-yep, you got me. Don't make those. I am on this forum to clear up misconcpetions and untruths. I would rather not hear about someones buddies'[ cousin who is dating a roomate of a friend who is married
to her uncle who bought a system from a guy named Ted......ect.
hey man ill just tell you now.when you talk about turbos, superchargers,etc on this forum people get incredibly too excited and angry for some reason..i was just letting people know that i was in the talks about gettin a turbo for my V6 and everyone started going nuts..its got soo bad that i ended up not getting a turbo cause of it..theyll say it had nothing to do with it, but one day i had a turbo being put in couple days later after all the post i didnt..LOL. so theyll talk trash and say its truth till the cows come home even though its probably the biggest bunch of garbage on earth, but its internet talk and you cant disprove as much as the can prove their points..so just ignore the trash talk or just set the trash talk straight with facts.the more you get mad the worse it looks for you and your company..i know cause i retaliated too and i shouldnt have, i just makes things worse cause it fuels them. dont fuel them just be a computer and state facts after every B.S. quote putting you down..that gets them the best cause they cant tell if their getting under your skin..
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #51
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
also i am right on the edge of ordering an STS kit for my V6. i have already talked to a few representatives about it, and they are very excited about doing my car. But i have a very well known and reliable company that said they are taking my car the very day of the Talledega Funfest as soon as im done at the event they are taking my car and beginning the turbo modding. i wish i would have contacted these guys a long time ago..i just didnt think i had a chance in hell of even getting a reply back from them let alone a yes. but if these guys back out too for some reason, im hammering down and getting the STS kit, that way we can lay some myths and lies to rest. and see just how good or bad that kit is..but if i go with the other company i wont be able to do it..i have a buddy i met on this site that will though if i dont..hes dying to get a turbo or supercharger too so whatever i get if he can get the other then hes going to..so if i get a turbo hes getting a supercharger if ones available.if not hes getting the STS. so we will find out one way or another. but after Oct. 4th hopefully we all will be seeing great results from the guys doing my turbo. and hopefully withing a month after that or earlier well see a V6 with a turbo or supercharger kit on the road, and more exciting in my driveway, well in my garage cause it will be winter by then. and me + induction kit+ winter+West Virginia mountains+ice+a lead foot=another broken back for Mohrg Beast. a straight 6 71 nova helped with the first broke back..not trying for 0 for 2. will keep you guys posted.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #52
dmack2k7
 
Drives: 02 mitsubishi Eclipse SpyderGT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: FT. Bragg, NC
Posts: 101
hmmmm these threads are gettin repetitive
dmack2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:54 AM   #53
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!
 
Mohrg Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 607
cause nobody has actually come out with anything yet for the V6, so everyone keeps posting about the same thing
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #54
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
hey man ill just tell you now.when you talk about turbos, superchargers,etc on this forum people get incredibly too excited and angry for some reason..i was just letting people know that i was in the talks about gettin a turbo for my V6 and everyone started going nuts..its got soo bad that i ended up not getting a turbo cause of it..theyll say it had nothing to do with it, but one day i had a turbo being put in couple days later after all the post i didnt..LOL. so theyll talk trash and say its truth till the cows come home even though its probably the biggest bunch of garbage on earth, but its internet talk and you cant disprove as much as the can prove their points..so just ignore the trash talk or just set the trash talk straight with facts.the more you get mad the worse it looks for you and your company..i know cause i retaliated too and i shouldnt have, i just makes things worse cause it fuels them. dont fuel them just be a computer and state facts after every B.S. quote putting you down..that gets them the best cause they cant tell if their getting under your skin..
I thought you were going away until you could come back with an actual turbo installed? LOL!

I don't know if you have EVER stated an actual fact...

The reason you can't get anyone to put a turbo on your car is because once they stop promising you that they are going to build you a turbo, they start digging into things and find that they have no way of tuning the car! PERIOD! It has nothing to do with people on the Internet! LOL!

Perhaps, STS Guy could take a moment and explain to you that until some one figures out the Bosch E69 that's in our V6 (and also in the 08+ CTS) that NO ONE is going to be able to put a turbo on these cars!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:06 AM   #55
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
cause nobody has actually come out with anything yet for the V6, so everyone keeps posting about the same thing
no.... it's just you blabbing about a turbo system you are getting that you never actually seem to get...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #56
STS Guy
Marketing and Sales
 
Drives: P-R-O-J-E-C-T-S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I thought you were going away until you could come back with an actual turbo installed? LOL!

I don't know if you have EVER stated an actual fact...

The reason you can't get anyone to put a turbo on your car is because once they stop promising you that they are going to build you a turbo, they start digging into things and find that they have no way of tuning the car! PERIOD! It has nothing to do with people on the Internet! LOL!

Perhaps, STS Guy could take a moment and explain to you that until some one figures out the Bosch E69 that's in our V6 (and also in the 08+ CTS) that NO ONE is going to be able to put a turbo on these cars!
BINGO, It is not the piping, intercooler, BOV, wastegate...or any other buzzword you can think of. It is the tuning. We work very close to a few tuning companies:
(HP Tuner, Diablo, Predator are probably names you recognize)
They have got to get the tuning baselines so we can get the car running right.

The hangup has been they just can't get it to teh standars they see fit. But it will happen. The car is just very, very new.
STS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
400 rw hp Turbo Kit for V6 - Anyone Interested? Hennessey Performance Forced Induction - V6 149 05-04-2011 02:42 PM
Group Buy - Turbo Kit ZZcamaro Forced Induction 32 11-30-2009 12:52 PM
STS TURBO the only way to go. Az Sparky Forced Induction - V8 49 12-03-2008 10:57 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.