Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-07-2015, 08:58 AM   #71
FM1R

Drives: Bone stock 2015 1LE
Great thread, I just picked up a '15 1LE, and was wandering how far I could go before I had any warranty issues.

Reggie, I am curious as to what dealership in MI you're out of. I am happy with the dealership that I purchased the car from, just wanted to know if you could suggest a dealer that has a good service department.
FM1R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:11 PM   #72
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Congrats on the new ride.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:00 PM   #73
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by FM1R View Post
Great thread, I just picked up a '15 1LE, and was wandering how far I could go before I had any warranty issues.
There is no answer to that question. Sorry to be ambiguous, but the truth. If you post up what you want to do, I can address those things individually- but nothing really "voids" the warranty as a whole other than a bad title from being totaled etc.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #74
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
There is no answer to that question. Sorry to be ambiguous, but the truth. If you post up what you want to do, I can address those things individually- but nothing really "voids" the warranty as a whole other than a bad title from being totaled etc.
Exactly. It is all based on the circumstances of the situation. But with most bolt on type mods you are not going to run into any problems.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:05 PM   #75
kingbow

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The best option in this case to get a beefier sounding exhaust while not voiding your warranty is to get an internal exhaust chamber bypass with a rigid polyethylene fitting that has the correct resonant protrusion.

It's a cheap but effective car exhaust upgrade that is undetectable by dealers and also offers a hosier sound to it.

You can also easily modify the sonic resonant property of the new rubber based polyethylene header which can offer a different result.

In certain conditions, the modification can also have gaseous backflow in the reverse direction propelling the tip itself in the direction of the force or car itself. This can add horsepower or torque to your vehicle as it is literally an extra propelling net-neutral force on your exhaust system in the same direction you are moving.

Here's a YouTube demo link showing this modification and exhaust propulsion in action.
kingbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #76
mojman2001

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS2
Yeah I had problems with Hendricks Chevrolet in Kansas City,KS. Bought my car used with only 14250 miles on it bought the extend warranty for it for everything but the wheels. I took it in for its second oil change and for them to look at the paint, because the clear coat was starting to come off, and the front and back bumper was popping out little. They told me they wouldn't do anything about the clear it's not factory defect just debris hitting it. But only put 7000 miles at that time, and they said they would fix the bumpers. Well 5 months later after 2 calls and email sent to them for them to fix the bumpers. Never got a call or email from them for it, but to ask me if I wanted to upgrade to a new 2015 camaro SS for the same payments. That's when I wrote them back asking why in the heck would I buy another vechile from you, when you don't honor your warranty? Never got a reply back from them, so I took my car to Randy Reeds where I live and they did the warranty work for it and sent the stuff in for it. Didn't have to jump through hoops to get anything done for it. So yes there is a fine grey area in the dealerships warranties. Just have to fine the one that will actually help you out.
mojman2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:07 AM   #77
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojman2001 View Post
Yeah I had problems with Hendricks Chevrolet in Kansas City,KS. Bought my car used with only 14250 miles on it bought the extend warranty for it for everything but the wheels. I took it in for its second oil change and for them to look at the paint, because the clear coat was starting to come off, and the front and back bumper was popping out little. They told me they wouldn't do anything about the clear it's not factory defect just debris hitting it. But only put 7000 miles at that time, and they said they would fix the bumpers. Well 5 months later after 2 calls and email sent to them for them to fix the bumpers. Never got a call or email from them for it, but to ask me if I wanted to upgrade to a new 2015 camaro SS for the same payments. That's when I wrote them back asking why in the heck would I buy another vechile from you, when you don't honor your warranty? Never got a reply back from them, so I took my car to Randy Reeds where I live and they did the warranty work for it and sent the stuff in for it. Didn't have to jump through hoops to get anything done for it. So yes there is a fine grey area in the dealerships warranties. Just have to fine the one that will actually help you out.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:27 AM   #78
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbow View Post
The best option in this case to get a beefier sounding exhaust while not voiding your warranty is to get an internal exhaust chamber bypass with a rigid polyethylene fitting that has the correct resonant protrusion.

It's a cheap but effective car exhaust upgrade that is undetectable by dealers and also offers a hosier sound to it.

You can also easily modify the sonic resonant property of the new rubber based polyethylene header which can offer a different result.

In certain conditions, the modification can also have gaseous backflow in the reverse direction propelling the tip itself in the direction of the force or car itself. This can add horsepower or torque to your vehicle as it is literally an extra propelling net-neutral force on your exhaust system in the same direction you are moving.

Here's a YouTube demo link showing this modification and exhaust propulsion in action.
I checked on that system a couple of years ago. At that time they only had it for a 1" exhaust. I wonder if they ever got the size for the NPP exhaust?
Old 04-26-2016, 05:59 PM   #79
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Posting for later. Currently both dealer and GM are saying that my elite catch can starved my engine for oil and caused an as of yet undetermined failure that led to no oil pressure. All this on a 2015 1SS 1LE with a roto-fab intake.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #80
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Superman09, as your past mechanic experience you know that is impossible, but we are curious to how they explained this? As the flow remains the same, the system remains closed, and is not modified other than installing the Catch Can inline in the existing PCV system line it would be entertaining for them to explain how they assume this could have occurred. They are for some reason looking to (the reason may be they deny warranty and get customers to pay and also collect on the GM warranty reimbursement..rare, but is an issue with unscrupulous dealers). If possible, give us details on the steps that occurred in their opinion to cause this.

Let us know if we can be of assistance, but you may need to search for a Magnasun/Moss act ATTY and have them send a letter to the dealer. I would go to anther dealer that knows what they are doing though if possible. Good luck!
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:52 PM   #81
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
Superman09, as your past mechanic experience you know that is impossible, but we are curious to how they explained this? As the flow remains the same, the system remains closed, and is not modified other than installing the Catch Can inline in the existing PCV system line it would be entertaining for them to explain how they assume this could have occurred. They are for some reason looking to (the reason may be they deny warranty and get customers to pay and also collect on the GM warranty reimbursement..rare, but is an issue with unscrupulous dealers). If possible, give us details on the steps that occurred in their opinion to cause this.

Let us know if we can be of assistance, but you may need to search for a Magnasun/Moss act ATTY and have them send a letter to the dealer. I would go to anther dealer that knows what they are doing though if possible. Good luck!
I sent y'all a PM. And yes I know it is completely impossible for the catch can to cause a failure like this.

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:27 PM   #82
clarkkent

Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I checked on that system a couple of years ago. At that time they only had it for a 1" exhaust. I wonder if they ever got the size for the NPP exhaust?
You can get 4 of these

Old 05-12-2016, 05:54 PM   #83
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
Posting for later. Currently both dealer and GM are saying that my elite catch can starved my engine for oil and caused an as of yet undetermined failure that led to no oil pressure. All this on a 2015 1SS 1LE with a roto-fab intake.
That is ridiculous.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #84
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
That is ridiculous.
Well its over and the car was not covered. Close this thread because the answer is "Yes this or any mod will void your warranty" .....
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex motorsports, warranty