Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-03-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Does the Camaro bring out more hate/jealousy than other cars?

I've had a few incidents lately cruising along with the top down. I'm probably driving LESS aggressively then I did with the Tundra and I don't get it other than jealousy as a possible factor. I realize the world is full of stupid people and a$$holes in equally large numbers, I see it everyday, but some of these incidents have me scratching my head.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:02 PM   #2
ZiG

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I'm sometimes dismayed to see that my RX8 track car, complete with various scrapes and scuffs, gets far more attention than my immaculately kept Camaro. Never any negativity towards either though, even with the RX8's straight through exhaust making it sound like it runs on equal parts gasoline and rice.

2011 2SS/RS LS3
Rotofab CAI/scoop/washer - FE4 conversion - Pfadt ZL swaybars - BMR endlinks - Hurst short shifter - RKSport spoiler
ZiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #3
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
My IOM LS Camaro gets a lot of jealousy. Punks in Honda's on my bumper.
Not worth the bother though. Have to ignore them unless they put you life in jeopardy.
That's why I got a dash cam.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #4
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I get more hate from fellow camaro owners than anyone else. Everywhere, everytime. Its a bullshit magnet.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:44 PM   #5
dreyesforeal

Drives: 2013 camaro LFX
It's bullshit magnet. Idk maybe I'm paranoid but it seems like mfs wanna be assholes , could be delusional tho. Never wanna let u slide in their lane etc. But I hate slow left lane drivers the most. Think hell is waiting on em tbh
dreyesforeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:59 PM   #6
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Some guys are just plain jealous. Some want to rip on her because it's a six and not an eight, while they drive a four. It's a Camaro , and you wish you had one!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 04:50 PM   #7
Magnificent

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
I get more hate from fellow camaro owners than anyone else. Everywhere, everytime. Its a bullshit magnet.
This. It's the SS cars that are the worst--- prolly wanna test the mods out. If there is room I will run, but not at 4pm in road construction (and herein lies the problem.) Corvettes are generally very civil though. I read where one poster said Camaro owners are cool--all waving to each other and stuff. So I started watching for it---so far nothing. But, I am going to start waving too and start a revolution.
Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #8
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
This. It's the SS cars that are the worst--- prolly wanna test the mods out. If there is room I will run, but not at 4pm in road construction (and herein lies the problem.) Corvettes are generally very civil though. I read where one poster said Camaro owners are cool--all waving to each other and stuff. So I started watching for it---so far nothing. But, I am going to start waving too and start a revolution.
I don't see it as too much of a revolution, I see it as a common thing that Camaro owners might do overtime. I plan on eventually getting the new ZL1 once it comes out, but my SS is a hell of a good car already. It has served its purpose in life.
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:05 PM   #9
dreyesforeal

Drives: 2013 camaro LFX
This why i think the internet creates insecurity. All social networks. Maybe they dont wave or look at you cause they're afraid theyre not up to par or something. Ive had a mustang and challenger salute me all good vibes. Just the real thing to do. Only had one camaro owner salute me before thats cause I saw him hawkin me down so I said wassup.
Zl1 owner was driving beside me one morning but he aint care about my v6 lmao
dreyesforeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #10
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyesforeal View Post
This why i think the internet creates insecurity. All social networks. Maybe they dont wave or look at you cause they're afraid theyre not up to par or something. Ive had a mustang and challenger salute me all good vibes. Just the real thing to do. Only had one camaro owner salute me before thats cause I saw him hawkin me down so I said wassup.
Zl1 owner was driving beside me one morning but he aint care about my v6 lmao
I don't really care if they don't come up to my car while I'm driving or if I'm walking up to my car. I'd go up to it as if those people weren't there. Ignoring that trend seems pretty good to me.
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:53 PM   #11
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:15 PM   #12
Magnificent

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
For the Cause...

Here, I offered myself up as cream filling between these two oreos... and no one got a door ding.
Attached Images

Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote