Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 06-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #99
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I've ordered the 3 way controller and I already received my kit!! I'm already impressed even before I started the install. I'd like to make a video after I've installed it to show people what it sounds like in each mode (Startup is the one I've not heard yet and that is what I wanted to control.)
Old 06-30-2015, 10:07 AM   #100
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
I've ordered the 3 way controller and I already received my kit!! I'm already impressed even before I started the install. I'd like to make a video after I've installed it to show people what it sounds like in each mode (Startup is the one I've not heard yet and that is what I wanted to control.)
Hi Mark,

Thank you very much ... how did the install go? Hope the controller met your expectations.

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:37 PM   #101
markgws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
Hi Mark,

Thank you very much ... how did the install go? Hope the controller met your expectations.

Steve
Okay so I had a few snags installing the 3 way controller. It initially worked but then after letting it sit over-night and then driving to work it stopped functioning. I too was unable to get the cover back on underneath but everything else seemed to be connected okay after double and triple checking my work.

I did the troubleshooting steps found in the manual and I also re-did the ground connection but nothing I tried fixed the issue. Steve made some suggestions of what to try and I tried those things and was still unable to get the original unit working again. So Steve shipped me a replacement controller and remotes asap! (I had only purchased 1 remote.) I then tried using the new remotes with existing controller after doing the suggested steps but again no go. So I carefully removed the controller and wired up the replacement unit and it worked!. I am now loving the quieter startup and operation and then going louder when I want to.

I can't tell you how great Steve's assistance and help was when I was working on this. He's top notch!

If you get this controller you will not be disappointed.
Thanks again Steve.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:42 PM   #102
forzasteve

Hey Mark,

I thank you very much for your business. I really appreciate your patience and understanding in getting the new controller to work as expected. Something on that printed circuit board failed, and I am very happy that the new controller resolved the problem.

Best regards,

Steve
Old 08-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #103
markgws6

The controller has been working great. One slight hiccup - My battery "almost" died when I left the car undriven from Friday night to Monday morning. I was able to start it after cranking it over several times though. Steve already warned us on this, but it happened much sooner than I thought 2 days.

So I recommend to install it using the method where you can turn the connection completely off without having to go under the spare tire cover to get to the master off button.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:03 PM   #104
forzasteve

Quote:
The controller has been working great. One slight hiccup - My battery "almost" died when I left the car undriven from Friday night to Monday morning. I was able to start it after cranking it over several times though. Steve already warned us on this, but it happened much sooner than I thought 2 days.

So I recommend to install it using the method where you can turn the connection completely off without having to go under the spare tire cover to get to the master off button.
Hi mark,

When you turned the car off, did you have the valves in the Always Cosed or Always Open position? It does seem that two days is very rapid drain. I would not have thought that. I recommend leaving the controller in the normal mode. Button A. That should minimize the amount current draw. But your thought is better. That is, mount it where you can turn off the controller easily. Now all this said, I recommend you also have the battery checked out. The two days is just so short!

Regards,

Steve
Old 08-04-2015, 10:34 AM   #105
markgws6

Yes I think the flaps were closed. I'm riding my bike to work now, so I will probably end up just turning it off for a week or so at a time. I've had no other problems with the battery that I know of. I will most likely just move the controller higher so I can get to it easier. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:55 AM   #106
forzasteve

Quote:
Yes I think the flaps were closed. I'm riding my bike to work now, so I will probably end up just turning it off for a week or so at a time. I've had no other problems with the battery that I know of. I will most likely just move the controller higher so I can get to it easier. Thanks.
Hi Mark,

Sounds good. I did get feedback, may have been here on Camaro5, where one person installed the controller on the surface of the trim panel so he could get to the switch easier. Based on your observation, that may be the preferred location ... probably over to the side somewhere where it would not interfere with your golf clubs or other items you put in the trunk.

There is another option, but will require routing a wire from one of the other fuse blocks. The other fuse blocks (in the engine bay or the instrument panel fuse block) have at least one fuse that is switched to the ignition. So, when you turn off the car, the current flow from that location would be interrupted. You could install the yellow fuse tap in that location and then route a single wire back to the controller module. For example, fuse F17 in the instrument panel fuse block is for one of the power outlets in your car. It is switched to the ignition.

It would be a bit tedious to route a wire from the instrument cluster fuse block back to the trunk, but in doing so, when you turn off the ignition, the power to the controller module would be switched off thereby totally avoiding any current draw and you would not need to switch off the controller using the master power switch.

Best regards,

Steve
Old 08-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #107
forzasteve

I just posted a thread for the Zero Current Drain Install of the Forza Controller. I know some of you had questions on this. Here is the link ...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...21#post8592621

Regards,

Steve
Old 09-10-2015, 06:06 PM   #108
forzasteve

You may have noticed claims that there is only one exhaust controller that is approved for operation by the FCC. Not true!

I want to caution readers about this False Advertising.

First, the FCC does not specifically approve the exhaust controller unless the manufacture has provided very detailed test results to the FCC for the specific device in question. Typically, manufacturers would do this only if they are using a radio frequency outside those that the FCC has defined as general use. The FCC has granted several operating frequencies for general use and they grant approval for these devices if the device in question is low power, for intermittent use and does not interfere with nearby frequency bands.

There are several frequency bands that the FCC grants blanket authorization to use for low-power, intermittent control signals. Two common operating frequencies in the US for RF control signals is 315MHz and 433 MHz. In the US, 315 MHz is very common for remote key-less entry systems such as garages. In Europe 433 MHz is more common and can be used license-free. The use of 315 MHz is not approved for general use in Europe and is rarely used for key-less entry systems.

The Forza Controller is approved for use in both the US and in Europe as it uses 433 MHz for the radio frequency. We do not make any claim that we are the ONLY controller that is approved by the FCC. Our device is approved but we do not claim we are the only one.

Do not be influenced by a claim that only one exhaust controller is approved by FCC ... this is misleading and downright false advertising. The claim is totally false. Any device that uses 315MHz or 433MHz frequency for low-power, intermittent signals for remote control is approved by the FCC.

Regards,

Steve
Old 10-10-2015, 02:49 AM   #109
forzasteve

Just a bump here that the Forza Dual Mode and Three-Way Exhaust Controllers are available and have free shipping within US.

Unlike some other controllers, the Forza controllers are custom designed for use on the Camaro with NPP exhaust systems. One thing you will note is the Forza controllers do not require that you partially disassemble the unit and make a wiring modification so it will work on the Camaro.

When you get your controller, you have everything you need to install it. The controller unit, all necessary electrical connectors, the remote, some cable ties and special 3M Dual Lock mounting strips.

There is no modification required either on the car or on the controller ... it is ready to go and it is plug and play.

Thanks and best regards,

Steve
Old 09-16-2016, 12:09 PM   #110
Switchy

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
My ZL1 is a weekend warrior so I was iffy with having the Forza exhaust controller always on. Found a better place to mount without drilling any holes.
Attached Images

Switchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:17 PM   #111
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
I just posted a thread for the Zero Current Drain Install of the Forza Controller. I know some of you had questions on this. Here is the link ...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...21#post8592621

Regards,

Steve
I thought the instructions said you can tap into the pink wire to make this switch off with the ignition?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:32 PM   #112
Crash76
Team 913

Drives: '14 ZL1, '15 Jeep GC, ‘22 Ram 2500
You can

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...92#post9027492
Crash76 is offline   Reply With Quote