Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-10-2016, 12:59 AM   #29
Cts100

Drives: Toyota land cruiser
I meant that the charger /challenger is pretty common here and is available in various colors that dodge offer.The zl1 being super rare I find very few in fact less than 3 to be exact which are 2014/2015 models and with low kms (less than 25k) the rest zl1 s have like 60k 1lakh km on them. NO we can't get custom painted cars from the dealers here in Dubai. We have to wrap them or paint them with aftermarket paints or wraps. What I am trying to say is the charger/challenger whether it be srt or rt is commonly available here in various colors offered by Dodge and the zl1 s are rare. Since it is rare it is common for these cars to get premium painted or gold wrapped etc.
Cts100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:39 AM   #30
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Um yea...a "custom painted", pink ZL1? Eh...I'd pass.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #31
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Um yea...a "custom painted", pink ZL1? Eh...I'd pass.
I agree. But you have to remember, they're in "Dubai"...That's pretty much all there is to say :P
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #32
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cts100 View Post
I meant that the charger /challenger is pretty common here and is available in various colors that dodge offer.The zl1 being super rare I find very few in fact less than 3 to be exact which are 2014/2015 models and with low kms (less than 25k) the rest zl1 s have like 60k 1lakh km on them. NO we can't get custom painted cars from the dealers here in Dubai. We have to wrap them or paint them with aftermarket paints or wraps. What I am trying to say is the charger/challenger whether it be srt or rt is commonly available here in various colors offered by Dodge and the zl1 s are rare. Since it is rare it is common for these cars to get premium painted or gold wrapped etc.
Hey do you know Mo Vlogs?
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #33
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Hey do you know Mo Vlogs?

I hope not! That would suck
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:57 AM   #34
Cts100

Drives: Toyota land cruiser
I ll see if any new zl1 s come by January end, that's when I m planning to take my car. I just looked at that pink one cos it only 4000km and in the pics the interior looks good. Not the exterior.colour doesn't matter as it can be wrapped basically looking for information and opinion on the cars performance etc which I am getting through this forum. About mo vlogs, lol no,I don't know him I only know him through his vedios, I don't pay attention to him or his vedios much. If we own any muscle car they have clubs here eg Camaro club, Mopar club. I am not sure about Mustang Club, although Mustang is the most common muscle car here. They're everywhere here I mean when compared to a charger or a Camaro. Camaro seems to be the rarest, since the 6th gen Camaro s are out the 5th gen prices have dropped that's why I am looking at them. Opinions of any kind welcome. Just don't tell me to take a Nissan 370z or a gtr, Nissan 370z cos it's small, gtr cos I can't afford it. Thank you.
Cts100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:33 PM   #35
Mitch G

Drives: Camaro 2013 ZL1
I own both a 2013 zl1 and a 2016 challenger scat pack (it has the same 6.4 as your 392).
With the new 8 speed tran's, motor trend says the dodge 0-60 is 4.2 seconds vs 3.9 for the ZL1 automatic. Both very fast. Both cars ride great, I do not like a stiff ride. If you like stereos, the 19 speaker Harmon Kardon in the Dodge is as good as any I have heard, The Zl1's Boston stereo is ok, but not in the same class. At 30 mph, if you stomp it, the dodge's transmission is great and kicks down instantly, but it doesn't seem to have as hard a pull as the Zl1. I don't know which I like better, they are both a blast to drive. In the cold or heavy rain, I leave the ZL1 at home.......hope this helps
Mitch G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:43 PM   #36
Cyber10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I would pick the ZL1 due to the Challenger feeling like you're in a boat and the interior is crap. Plus I wouldn't trust anything put together by Chrysler right now.

LS3 Conversion | Comp Cam Custom Grind | Mast Heads | Comp Cam Push Rods | LS7 Timing Chain | 180 Thermostat | Ported Intake | Ported TB | SLP UDP | K & N CAI | Custom 3800 Stall Converter | Aluminum 1 Piece Driveshaft | Kooks 1 7/8" LTH | High Flow Cats | ARH 3" Exhaust | ARH Mufflers | Eibach Lowering Springs | BMR Floor Brace Subframe Connectors with Tunnel Brace | BMR Moly Lower Rear Control Arms | Oracle LED Halo Kit
Cyber10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:45 PM   #37
Deez-zl1

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1
That charger is a really nice station wagon.
Deez-zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote