Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-07-2017, 09:40 PM   #253
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Picked up inferno and damn does she look good under the hood now! You can see the Garret turbo and wastegate on the drivers side now. Just have to move the fusebox and ecu inside later this year to clean up the other side. I also want to get the whole frame painted
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2017, 10:22 PM   #254
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Looks great. I sure do want to find a way to clean up the mess of wiring on mine! Reading through your build thread now. Impressed so far.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:01 AM   #255
djcolopi

Was discussing my weight reduction in the forged pistions thread for the LFX and found the weight of the GTX2863R searching online;

Based on http://www.hurricaneperformance.ca/p...bearing-turbo/ they state the weight for the GTX2863R as 4lbs.
The shipping weight on http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...de=GRT-TBO-186 states 12lbs.

I guess ill update and add 8lbs back to the vehicle. Also the HKS blowoff valve weighs 1.5lbs and that has also been added to the list.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #256
djcolopi

Just sent Jason (JacFab LLC) payment for a set of Diamond Racing forged pistons!
Old 04-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #257
bistikDM

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic 2LS
Hey OP, your Camaro is what mine aspire to be! I've been stalking your build, drawing ideas and inspirations since we both have a 2LS. Would you mind if I shoot you a build question or two in the future? I'm definitely interested in learning how you swapped your rear diff. Anyways, I live in Fredericksburg, VA, and noticed a sharp looking Camaro in the Starbucks at Southpoint tonight. Was that you by any chance? (Noticed you're located in Maryland)
bistikDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #258
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bistikDM View Post
Hey OP, your Camaro is what mine aspire to be! I've been stalking your build, drawing ideas and inspirations since we both have a 2LS. Would you mind if I shoot you a build question or two in the future? I'm definitely interested in learning how you swapped your rear diff. Anyways, I live in Fredericksburg, VA, and noticed a sharp looking Camaro in the Starbucks at Southpoint tonight. Was that you by any chance? (Noticed you're located in Maryland)
Thanks man I appreciate the kind words! No problem thats what this forum is for, why i keep a build thread and maintain some google docs.....to foster community and spread ideas; what works what does not work, etc Nah; however, I was on I-95 South today!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:25 PM   #259
djcolopi

So I made some changes to my build going into Camaro Fest VII; I will no longer do a secondary fuel setup and instead do a AEM V2 meth setup with upgrades. After camaro fest I will do a secondary fuel setup; at the moment I do not have the time and funds to do a crazy fuel setup.

AEM V2 Water/Methanol Injection Kit - $484.50
AEM Water/Methanol Failsafe Device - $282.57
V2 Water/Methanol Injection Nozzle & Jet Kit - $71.64
V2 Water/Methanol Injection 5 Gallon Tank Kit with Conductive Fluid Level Sensor - $159.00
Water/Methanol Injection Inline Filter - $30.07
Total Cost - $1027.78
Old 04-21-2017, 07:39 PM   #260
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
So I made some changes to my build going into Camaro Fest VII; I will no longer do a secondary fuel setup and instead do a AEM V2 meth setup with upgrades. After camaro fest I will do a secondary fuel setup; at the moment I do not have the time and funds to do a crazy fuel setup.

AEM V2 Water/Methanol Injection Kit - $484.50
AEM Water/Methanol Failsafe Device - $282.57
V2 Water/Methanol Injection Nozzle & Jet Kit - $71.64
V2 Water/Methanol Injection 5 Gallon Tank Kit with Conductive Fluid Level Sensor - $159.00
Water/Methanol Injection Inline Filter - $30.07
Total Cost - $1027.78
Meth will kick some butt, Danny!! The secondary is gonna take a lot of R+D, where as the meth setup should be plug and play!! Good luck! Keep us posted.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:04 PM   #261
djcolopi

Looks like I will be dropping Inferno off on the 25th of May for the following; build the short block, forged internals and ported heads; install a AEM V2 meth setup with the following upgrades, V2 Water/Methanol Injection Nozzle & Jet Kit, V2 Water/Methanol Injection 5 Gallon Tank Kit with Conductive Fluid Level Sensor and a Water/Methanol Injection Inline Filter; install a circle d triple disc 3400 stall and check the transmission; reroute the fusebox and ecu; remove the ac compressor, ac condenser and power steering cooler; tune and dyno pulls (obviously) and while the block is out i am going to have the engine bay cleaned up and painted!

Goals for camaro fest;
650rwhp 700ft*lbs tq and a race weight of 3300lbs

Last edited by djcolopi; 05-10-2017 at 07:14 PM.
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:29 PM   #262
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
hey Djcolopi! good to see ya on camaro5! we follow each other on instagram (@Anthonyfalbo). love seeing the progress on the project!

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:46 PM   #263
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 608RS View Post
hey Djcolopi! good to see ya on camaro5! we follow each other on instagram (@Anthonyfalbo). love seeing the progress on the project!
Yes we do Thanks man, she has come a long way!
Old 05-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #264
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Any news Danny? Wow, inferno has slipped onto the second page. The car of the year should be on the first page! Haha. No thanks nessasary.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #265
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Any news Danny? Wow, inferno has slipped onto the second page. The car of the year should be on the first page! Haha. No thanks nessasary.
Nothing big.............forged pistons were delivered today, Justin wrote me up the invoice for the AEM meth parts and I will be sending payment his way soon to get those parts ASAP. Actually............something did happen this past weekend
Old 05-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #266
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Ahhhh,yes.good to hear!