Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #57
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Update for future reference:

Ordered the full Kooks 3in exhaust on Tuesday 20 June, 2017 and received it 09/12/2017.

Ordered my headers on Thursday 18 May, 2017 and just got an Email from UPS showing it shipped from the coater (Calico) and will be here tomorrow 09/22/2017.

I don't have an issue with the wait times since they are so much cheaper than other shops. Free ceramic coating, free shipping, etc. They got Kooks to add another wideband bung on the header collector so I have one for each bank at no extra charge, too. Glad they offer more for less. I'll do business with them again in the future.
Kooks Ceramic Coated Signature Series Stepped Headers w/AFR bung
Kooks full 3in exhaust
Texas Speed VVT 3.2 cam kit
Texas Speed DOD Delete
Texas Speed 1.72:1 Ratio LS3 Steel Roller Rocker Arm Set w/ Roller Tip
AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband Gauges (PN#30-0333)
DSX Tuning Flex Fuel Kit
HP Tuners VCM Suite (Tuning help by http://StreetnTrack.net member gammey4)
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:30 AM   #58
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Thumbs down

Got the headers yesterday. It's bitter-sweet. They're beautiful. But I asked the a 2nd wideband bung on the passengers side collector and they agreed to do it. I even got confirmation they told Kooks to do it. But there isn't a second wideband bung.

Not sure it's their fault. Could have been Kooks mishap, but it still sucks either way.

Pretty sure I can't cut in a hole and weld in another bung without screwing up the ceramic coating and voiding the warranty.

Edit: My headers were supposed to come from Calico and this box says Jet Hot. I'm thinking I got sent the wrong headers.

Kooks full 3in exhaust
Texas Speed DOD Delete
DSX Tuning Flex Fuel Kit
Old 09-23-2017, 08:45 AM   #59
BlazinZL1

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Got the headers yesterday. It's bitter-sweet. They're beautiful. But I asked the a 2nd wideband bung on the passengers side collector and they agreed to do it. I even got confirmation they told Kooks to do it. But there isn't a second wideband bung.

Not sure it's their fault. Could have been Kooks mishap, but it still sucks either way.

Pretty sure I can't cut in a hole and weld in another bung without screwing up the ceramic coating and voiding the warranty.

Edit: My headers were supposed to come from Calico and this box says Jet Hot. I'm thinking I got sent the wrong headers.

Thank you for posting this! Which set of headers are these? Did you have to call to ask for the wideband bung to be installed or was 1 already standard? Wonder if the JetHot is better than that calico coating.
BlazinZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:04 AM   #60
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinZL1 View Post
Thank you for posting this! Which set of headers are these? Did you have to call to ask for the wideband bung to be installed or was 1 already standard? Wonder if the JetHot is better than that calico coating.
The custom Kooks stepped headers come with 1 wideband bung already installed.

https://marylandspeed.com/kooks-sign...00-p-3303.html

The Jet Hot ceramic coating is more expensive, but I don't think it's any better than say Calico because they basically withstand the same heat range.
Kooks full 3in exhaust
Texas Speed DOD Delete
DSX Tuning Flex Fuel Kit
Old 09-23-2017, 09:08 AM   #61
BlazinZL1

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
The custom Kooks stepped headers come with 1 wideband bung already installed.

https://marylandspeed.com/kooks-sign...00-p-3303.html

The Jet Hot ceramic coating is more expensive, but I don't think it's any better than say Calico because they basically withstand the same heat range.
Sweet! Those things look awesome. I read somewhere that said you should get factory gm gaskets instead of the cheap kooks gaskets to prevent leaks. Best of luck on the install. Post back when you throw them on!
BlazinZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #62
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinZL1 View Post
Sweet! Those things look awesome. I read somewhere that said you should get factory gm gaskets instead of the cheap kooks gaskets to prevent leaks. Best of luck on the install. Post back when you throw them on!
Thanks.
Kooks full 3in exhaust
Texas Speed DOD Delete
DSX Tuning Flex Fuel Kit
Old 09-25-2017, 07:59 AM   #63
RedDragonSS2.0

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro SS 1LE
I'm waiting on an order from Aug 7th at this rate I am hopeful to have them under my Christmas tree lmao sucks to wait but Brandon made me a deal I couldn't refuse... I've used Maryland Speed before and while I hate waiting I know they will come through eventually....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2017, 11:32 PM   #64
chevyboy82

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro
I've been waiting since July for my order and have not heard anything but it should ship at the latest next week. Next week has come and gone over a month ago. This is has been a horrible experience. After I bought my headers I was team Maryland speed but after waiting for my headers for over two months this is getting old.
chevyboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:32 AM   #65
chrish70

Drives: 2015 ls3 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyboy82 View Post
I've been waiting since July for my order and have not heard anything but it should ship at the latest next week. Next week has come and gone over a month ago. This is has been a horrible experience. After I bought my headers I was team Maryland speed but after waiting for my headers for over two months this is getting old.
Not good, i would get my money back and go with another vendor on here like JDP , Phastek RDP Juiced they all have great feedback, i got my rotofab from JDP and service was awesome. If not you can always go with amazon as they will give you your money back if you have any issues and are pretty fast shippers

Last edited by chrish70; 10-10-2017 at 07:43 AM.
chrish70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:58 PM   #66
EdRedCamaro2
4BC Motorsports

Drives: 2010 1SS
After reading numerous posts here, I see that I'm not the only one who is waiting for parts from Maryland Speed. I've been waiting 3 weeks already and it isn't a custom part. An axle-back exhaust should not take this long.

I guess I'm spoiled by the timely service I have received from Amazon, Tire Rack, RockAuto.com, AcuraOEMParts.com, HandA.com, GM Parts Direct and other online retailers. Every one of them has delivered in under 2 weeks, most in under one week.
Arrived 9/24/09

"In racing, they say that your car goes where your eyes go...I know it's true; racing doesn't lie" The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
EdRedCamaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:33 AM   #67
chrish70

Drives: 2015 ls3 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRedCamaro2 View Post
After reading numerous posts here, I see that I'm not the only one who is waiting for parts from Maryland Speed. I've been waiting 3 weeks already and it isn't a custom part. An axle-back exhaust should not take this long.

I guess I'm spoiled by the timely service I have received from Amazon, Tire Rack, RockAuto.com, AcuraOEMParts.com, HandA.com, GM Parts Direct and other online retailers. Every one of them has delivered in under 2 weeks, most in under one week.
give one of the other great vendors here a call or pm they probably have what your looking for on the shelf and get your money back from maryland speed looks to me like they are out of money and running the business from purchases current to pay for old orders which means they wont be around long, a little while ago i asked them about a rotofab for my chevy ss sedan and they didnt even reply to the pm, i think this business is about broke and going down
chrish70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #68
EV1L SS

Drives: 2010 ss , cam, magnacharger , etc
Funny I just stumbled on this thread because I literally just got off with Bret from Maryland speed 30min ago...all I wanted was a set of 2" kooks headers and after waiting on the line for 10min he came back with a price of $1750 for a full system and when I said no I don't want that he gave me every reason why I need the whole system. Apparently kooks headers are different then every other header on the market and 2" kooks headers can only bolt up to a factory 2 1/2" exhaust which makes no sense at all .... I said let me think about it and he said yeah but the problem is after we get off the phone the price goes back up $500 , the $1750 is good only now and you will lose that deal... I said and you will be losing a $1750 sale then hung up ........ Who the f*ck does business like that ....
EV1L SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #69
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV1L SS View Post
Funny I just stumbled on this thread because I literally just got off with Bret from Maryland speed 30min ago...all I wanted was a set of 2" kooks headers and after waiting on the line for 10min he came back with a price of $1750 for a full system and when I said no I don't want that he gave me every reason why I need the whole system. Apparently kooks headers are different then every other header on the market and 2" kooks headers can only bolt up to a factory 2 1/2" exhaust which makes no sense at all .... I said let me think about it and he said yeah but the problem is after we get off the phone the price goes back up $500 , the $1750 is good only now and you will lose that deal... I said and you will be losing a $1750 sale then hung up ........ Who the f*ck does business like that ....
If you're talking about Kooks 2in primary with 3in collectors...

Kooks headers won't hook up to a factory exhaust without the connection pipes.

You have 2 choices. Cat'd or catless 3in to 2.5in connection pipes.

The header collectors have been updated, too. They do not use the old ball and socket with clamp anymore.

See my headers and notice they don't have the clamp on them...

Note the clamps on the Kooks box....

If you bought the true Kooks 3in full exhaust, these would be your on and off road connection pipes

Had the mufflers on the wrong sides, but the full 3in Kooks with cats laid out...

Kooks full 3in exhaust
Texas Speed DOD Delete
DSX Tuning Flex Fuel Kit
Old 10-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #70
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by EV1L SS View Post
Wow that sounds like a sleazy used car salesman. Wonder if the negative press here, they just said f those camaro guys. Almost seems intentional.
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marylandspeed, poor customer service, slow delivery