Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #127
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
Would love this from GM!!!!!!!!!!!! I also asked Redline if they were going to sell any of their ZL1 pkgs thru dealers with warranty?
http://www.redline-motorsports.net/s...build-program/
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #128
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
I don't think that's what the person you quoted was looking for. Redline is building a Camaro ZR1 concept vehicle. He was looking for a ZL1 performance package that will be offered through GM dealers.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #129
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I don't think that's what the person you quoted was looking for. Redline is building a Camaro ZR1 concept vehicle. He was looking for a ZL1 performance package that will be offered through GM dealers.
No this is his ZL1 build program, named the ZLR. Open link and look....
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #130
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
To you it might, but not to me or to the present and future ZL1 owners. I'm still going to get one even if the GT500 #'s are better by 1000%, the ZL1 is still more badass
That's perfectly reasonable. Its not about personal preference with either the ZL1 & GT500. I stated the obvious difference in specifications and the performance numbers between the two cars that are based on a similar theme. That difference in the performance will also make itself known in the published contests that will come between the ZL1 and GT500.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #131
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
That's perfectly reasonable. Its not about personal preference with either the ZL1 & GT500. I stated the obvious difference in specifications and the performance numbers between the two cars that are based on a similar theme. That difference in the performance will also make itself known in the published contests that will come between the ZL1 and GT500.
So are you saying that the GT500's performance and specifications #'s are better and thus will sway TRUE CHEVY CAMARO LOYALISTS to the darkside? or you just trying to show that when you get your GT500 you can come back in here and say, "see, I told you my car was better!"

Old 05-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #132
Houston94vert

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
Quote:
So are you saying that the GT500's performance and specifications #'s are better and thus will sway TRUE CHEVY CAMARO LOYALISTS to the darkside? or you just trying to show that when you get your GT500 you can come back in here and say, "see, I told you my car was better!"
What I think is funny is no matter which is better or faster, people are going to be brand loyal. There are a few that may switch based on performance, either way(ford to chevy or chevy to ford), but that's not typically the type of people that buy these types of cars.

The pony war is great!

And now the 2013 GT500's are showing up at the dealerships. Should be a fun next couple of days on youtube!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #133
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Way off topic with this one. The wording of my response is in reference to the the ZL1 and the GT500 in regards to their rated power and reported performance numbers. The cars have not yet been tested against one another. What I stated was that the difference in performance between the Zl1 and GT500 will be known when the cars go head to head. No "loyalists"....."darkside" etc. or "told you so" are present in my responses.

As far as me coming back in a GT500 and saying 'Haha'....That's not going to happen. What may happen is that if the performance results between the zl1 and the gt500 ends up being one-sided, and if chevy doesn't respond, that I won't buy either car. For the money, I want a car that will be competitive; If the camaro decides to refer the competition between itself and the gt500 to the corvette, then my money should go to the vette.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:50 AM   #134
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Way off topic with this one. The wording of my response is in reference to the the ZL1 and the GT500 in regards to their rated power and reported performance numbers. The cars have not yet been tested against one another. What I stated was that the difference in performance between the Zl1 and GT500 will be known when the cars go head to head. No "loyalists"....."darkside" etc. or "told you so" are present in my responses.

As far as me coming back in a GT500 and saying 'Haha'....That's not going to happen. What may happen is that if the performance results between the zl1 and the gt500 ends up being one-sided, and if chevy doesn't respond, that I won't buy either car. For the money, I want a car that will be competitive; If the camaro decides to refer the competition between itself and the gt500 to the corvette, then my money should go to the vette.
Oh! ok, thanks for clearing that up. Just wanted to be sure where you coming from.