Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #141
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Short View Post
Why would I have a gripe with the perfect car?
Some people ain't happy unless..... Nevermind, you know the rest.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:29 AM   #142
RIPws6

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue
I have some minor grievances.
Backing out of the driveway, especially at sundown, wondering if I am about to plow into a small child hiding in the huge blind spot. I WOULD back the car into the garage but my kitchen access door is too close to the tail pipe to consider that.
Seatbelt strap is worthless.
Cant refuel without some kid with a bad muffler revving up his engine really loud to get my attention when I really dont care what he is driving. Im just trying to get gas.
Loser:
"Maybe my loud car is modded beyond belief and is way faster than your Camaro, maybe my car is a heap of crap?"
I really dont care. Im trying to hear the gas nozzle click to warn me of inpending spillage...get the hell out of here! lol!
RIPws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #143
Waste

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT M6
I have to agree with most of the stated ones here..

-Cup holders in M6, useless however is handy to hold my cell phone.
-People using the window as a handrail to get in or out.. ouch!
-Blind spots are horrible when backing up, esp with no backup cam.
-At night if you use your remote to open the trunk lid the headlights turn off immediately instead of staying on for 30-60 seconds as programmed. If you use the button on the door this does not happen from what I remember.

I'm thankful that I have a 2012 vs. 2013 and not have to deal with the hill assist 'feature'.. the messages I've seen on that one. Whew!
Waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #144
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Short View Post
Why would I have a gripe with the perfect car?

great car, but far from perfect. some things it does very well, some not so much.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #145
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
...considering the little quirks, I still love this car that I forget the truck at home.
Attached Images

eymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #146
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eymang View Post
...considering the little quirks, I still love this car that I forget the truck at home.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #147
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve RS/SS View Post
My biggest issue is the gas tank that drains quickly. I keep checking for a leak but still can't figure out what's going on lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Your right foot is drinking it up!!!
Osmosis
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #148
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
The truck one is great, the only thing that has been or is going to be in my back seat is a micro fiber towel on the floor !
Oh by the way my bitch is not enough hours in the day and so on to drive her

ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #149
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPws6 View Post
Cant refuel without some kid with a bad muffler revving up his engine really loud to get my attention when I really dont care what he is driving. Im just trying to get gas.
Loser:
"Maybe my loud car is modded beyond belief and is way faster than your Camaro, maybe my car is a heap of crap?"
I really dont care. Im trying to hear the gas nozzle click to warn me of inpending spillage...get the hell out of here! lol!
LOL that is my big gripe too. Some kid with a 4" tail pipe on a ricer revving it at me sometimes. My other gripe not with the car but with people is they think they need to slam the doors but with the auto windows dropping they close with no effort. I guess the other gripe with my Auto trans is it is always in too high of a gear & takes a fair bit of throttle to get it to kick down. The car should lowr a gear on some acceleration. I guess I'll have to give sport mode a go.... Cam
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #150
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Using navigation from the iphone without music playing automatically.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #151
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
when I connect my phone ,My wire always pinches when i close the console, I had to replace it twice already ,
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #152
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
when I connect my phone ,My wire always pinches when i close the console, I had to replace it twice already ,

lol. yea, that is a pretty stupid design.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #153
Runawayhacker

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
I have a 2010 Camaro. Plug in a USB memory stick with some music.
The radio decides to index everything and jumble up all your music so it plays alphabetically from within all the folders. This is really annoying if you have albums that are meant to be listened to start to end (Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon). You can use the radio controls to navigate to the folder and play it that way, but what a hassle.

Now if I burn the files to CD, it plays like my kenwood DNX 7120 does in the other car and how I want it.

By the way, last time I was at the dealer they said they looked for stuff to update.

Oh and is there ever going to be an option for a glovebox light, and sunglass holder?
I had a similar issue, but was able to easily solve it. I got in touch with one of the programmers for the radio (codeman71) and found out that the indexing is done when the USB device is first plugged in or if there has been any changes to the amount of data on the device (add/remove music).

As for the order of the songs, it is based on the ID3 tags of the mp3s. I was frustrated as well when a filename would be something like "Pink Floyd - Sheep", but it would either not show up or be listed under "unknown artist" on the radio. Sure enough, the ID3 tags for the mp3s were incorrect. Be sure they are all the same as well as capitalization makes a difference.

Example: Having 2 MP3s with one as "Pink Floyd" and another as "pink floyd" will make 2 separate entries for Pink Floyd on the radio.

I had an iPhone previously and it worked perfectly with the setup. I now have Android (love it), but have to use it in UMS mode to simulate a USB stick. I'm working on an app for Android to mimic the functionality of the iPhone. When the iPhone/iPod is used, the device itself is piping the music to the radio unlike the Android/USB method where the radio directly reads from the media.

Also be aware that when using a USB stick with the radio, there is a 10,000 song limit.
Runawayhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #154
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post

I find the wire fits perfectly next to the handle and up over it so that the console doesn't pinch the wire. Able to slide it in and out a needed, too. When I go to shut the console, I just lift the wire above the release and then snap it all shut