Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #141
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Wow bro i know like 7 people off the top of my head that run nitrous on nothing but a stock engine with 100shot and ZERO problems... IN REAL LIFE. not sure where u are reading that nitrous if the devil and a motor eater... Yes people put straight up nitrous on a vehicle... not saying to run a 200 shot but 75-100 shot on our motors is nothing... this is coming from real life and peoples setups on forums it's very simple and real.
I thought we were talking about high-powered nitrous, like around a 200 shot. My bad for misunderstanding.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #142
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
why would you think that? thats like saying when we talk about super and turbochargers we are only talkin about running 15+ psi
Old 12-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #143
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
Pricing and budget arguements are just silly. There will always be someone with deeper pockets so basing mods on amount spent is useless.

I could spend $80K on a GTR and run 11's stock or I could get an old Fox body and spend the equivalent and run 7's. Value in a purchase is clearly calculated by the person spending the money. In the end the only thing that counts is who wins the race. Just because someone spent less doesn't make them a bigger winner.

Also until the 5.0 engine specs are released no one knows the compression ratio so assuming it's high is just an assumption.
AWW come on, the GTR is 80k not just because of the motor, there is AWD, sophistcated stability controls etc.. That was a bit of a bogus argument IMO.
The point is mod for mod and dollar for dollar in Naturaly aspirated form OHV>DOHC.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #144
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Oh the Mustang boys defending their little cars again. You guys arguing with them it's a hopeless cause, the Mustang is the greatest car and they are here to make sure we know it.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:51 PM   #145
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
AWW come on, the GTR is 80k not just because of the motor, there is AWD, sophistcated stability controls etc.. That was a bit of a bogus argument IMO.
The point is mod for mod and dollar for dollar in Naturaly aspirated form OHV>DOHC.

The point is value is determined by the person spending the money. If I have to spend more on my 2011 Mustang to make similar numbers of another car that is fine with me. I am satisfied that the money is going into a car I will love.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #146
truth411

Quote:
The point is value is determined by the person spending the money. If I have to spend more on my 2011 Mustang to make similar numbers of another car that is fine with me. I am satisfied that the money is going into a car I will love.
Cool then we agree, mod for mod and dollar for dollar in natural aspirated form OHV>DOHC. But When it comes to these cars, passion is invovled and many have no problem forking over the extra doe. . But I personaly perfer N.A. engines, Thus I perfer OHV V8's over DOHC.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #147
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Just wait until SVT get ahold of the 5.0, .... I see the GT500 getting another refresh in a couple of years

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 12-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #148
fazm

since whipple has had the 5.0 for a while, im sure svt has had it for even longer lol.

im assuming after the alum 5.4 for 2011, the next one will be a s/c 5.0 or tt 5.0
Old 12-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #149
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Cool then we agree, mod for mod and dollar for dollar in natural aspirated form OHV>DOHC. But When it comes to these cars, passion is invovled and many have no problem forking over the extra doe. . But I personaly perfer N.A. engines, Thus I perfer OHV V8's over DOHC.

Exactly. These cars stir up emotions in the enthusiasts. There are plenty of people on both sides who will spend whatever it takes to get one and make it faster. No different than a Civic guy who loves his car.

Dollar for dollar larger displacement gains more easier. OHV gains easier over OHC also. Still in the end either platform can be made into a serious beast, I just prefer to dump money in a Mustang for reasons I will just keep to myself.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #150
truth411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Just wait until SVT get ahold of the 5.0, .... I see the GT500 getting another refresh in a couple of years
No doubt, Ford make excellent Forged F.I. engines that are made for big HP. A TT or supercharged 5.0 V8 with forged internals and lower compresion is a no brainer, and should be well over 600+hp. That is why I hope the Z28, (if it comes) have more than 556hp LSA in the engine bay. it will need more to compete with future GT500s.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #151
fazm

if/when the z28 comes out id expect the 556 the first year, and probably a bump the 2nd year.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #152
truth411

Quote:
Exactly. These cars stir up emotions in the enthusiasts. There are plenty of people on both sides who will spend whatever it takes to get one and make it faster. No different than a Civic guy who loves his car.

Dollar for dollar larger displacement gains more easier. OHV gains easier over OHC also. Still in the end either platform can be made into a serious beast, I just prefer to dump money in a Mustang for reasons I will just keep to myself.
Really, lets see if I can guess... Hmmmm it seems you drive a BMW. BMW drivers are nitorioulsy known for bashing anything with "pushrods" in the engine bay and look down at OHV engines, could that be a reason. I am just kidding bro. I could not resist.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:40 PM   #153
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Really, lets see if I can guess... Hmmmm it seems you drive a BMW. BMW drivers are nitorioulsy known for bashing anything with "pushrods" in the engine bay and look down at OHV engines, could that be a reason. I am just kidding bro. I could not resist.
Actually I just don't want to list the reasons why I don't like the new Camaro on here. I personally don't have any problems with the pushrod engines at all. Power is power and there will always be multiple ways of making power.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #154
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
No doubt, Ford make excellent Forged F.I. engines that are made for big HP. A TT or supercharged 5.0 V8 with forged internals and lower compresion is a no brainer, and should be well over 600+hp. That is why I hope the Z28, (if it comes) have more than 556hp LSA in the engine bay. it will need more to compete with future GT500s.
Especially that TT 5.0L V8. I think either way you look at it, there has to be some plans for some weight loss in the Camaro's future if it is to be competitive.
Closed Thread