Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-01-2011, 01:55 AM   #155
ZachSGMSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper View Post
It's not the breed, it's the upbringing. A lot of pits were inbred, taught (tortured) to fight, and used by some cultures as representations of their own 'toughness'. It's really sad and could have happened to a number of different breeds.

Folks saying these dogs are like natural born killers are talking from fear and ignorance. Don't preach fear and hate, education and compassion is needed for this breed.

ANY dog owner needs to understand their responsibilities and fulfill them whether it's a Pit Bull, Jack Russel terrier, or Labrador retriever.

Prayers to the family.
I know this quote is a bit old and Idk where this thread has gone since then (I don't want to read through all 7 pages sorry.) But Milk said that rots actually account for most dog attacks.. While that may or may not be true (not doing the research as I don't really care) I was born in a house with 3 rots.. I grew up with them from the time I was born until I was like & years old.. Those rots where the nicest dogs I think I've ever had, excluding my old american staffordshire terrier, They were never violent. I've never actually had a pit or even seen one in person but I know rots have a bad rep too but mine were sweet as could be . I know some breeds can be more aggressive in nature but I really would say a lot of it has to do with how they are raised, probably more than their breed.
ZachSGMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:00 AM   #156
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011camaroexcited View Post
I know this quote is a bit old and Idk where this thread has gone since then (I don't want to read through all 7 pages sorry.) But Milk said that rots actually account for most dog attacks.. While that may or may not be true (not doing the research as I don't really care) I was born in a house with 3 rots.. I grew up with them from the time I was born until I was like & years old.. Those rots where the nicest dogs I think I've ever had, excluding my old american staffordshire terrier, They were never violent. I've never actually had a pit or even seen one in person but I know rots have a bad rep too but mine were sweet as could be . I know some breeds can be more aggressive in nature but I really would say a lot of it has to do with how they are raised, probably more than their breed.
My point in saying that was that different lists will say different things. There's always a way to skew the numbers on any list. Instead of blaming the breed, blame the human.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:11 AM   #157
ZachSGMSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
My point in saying that was that different lists will say different things. There's always a way to skew the numbers on any list. Instead of blaming the breed, blame the human.
I figured that was your only real reason of saying that but I just thought I'd throw my .02 in here.
ZachSGMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #158
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Newborn Fatally Mauled by Family Dog Near Houston
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #159
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
Newborn Fatally Mauled by Family Dog Near Houston
While I feel for the family, I have to say no matter what kind of dog you have, or cat for that matter, don't leave a newborn unattended with a pet. Period.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #160
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
History shows that humans have killed more people than dogs have. Sad, isn't it? I love dogs. However, the bigger the dog, the bigger that risk. And that's a risk YOU as an owner must take if you have dogs, regardless of breed.

We own a couple of Hungarian Pulis, the smallish dogs that look like walking mops. They're like a Roomba that eats, pees and poops. The breed is about 1000 years old and the dogs are naturally mild-mannered. But they too have risks. But historically a very very low risk of damaging humans. Regardless, that risk is what I'm willing to be responsible for.

To me, it's fairly simple affair. Your dog can be the best dog in the world. Good for you. Doesn't bother me what breed you have. But if it attacks me or my family unprovoked, and lives another day, you best lock it up and stand guard over it because, first, you as its owner will be held accountable, and second, I will end the dog's existence by any means necessary. Revengeful? Hell yes. So what? It's war after first bite. I'm betting if I walked up and kicked your loved one in the teeth unprovoked, you'd want to kick my ass. I value a human's life many many times more than a dog's. Dogs are property you own. Humans are not. And if you have a big dog that eats your own family, again, you are responsible and I would likely feel sad for your injured loved ones, but not for you because you couldn't control your dog.

Bottom line is you are responsible for what your dog does 24/7. If it screws up, you have to pay the piper because as many like to say, "I'm in charge."

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #161
Tom Hagen
Camaro5 SoCal Family

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
OH NO!!! THEY ATE SOMEONE!!!

OH NO!!! THEY DRIVE TOO!!!!

"I'm an attorney for the [SoCal Camaro5] family. These men are private detectives hired to protect [Tribone]. They are licensed to carry firearms. If you interfere you'll have to appear before a judge in the morning and show cause. " - Tom Hagen (The Godfather)
Tom Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote