Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 05-21-2015, 08:09 AM   #155
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS
Seat looks great too! What did you do about the air bag light?
Old 05-21-2015, 09:37 AM   #156
Stock Boy

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcsi99 View Post
Seat looks great too! What did you do about the air bag light?
Nothing. It's just on now. It's small though, I don't notice it. When it comes time for inspection I'll just throw the Reacaros back in to kill the airbag light. It's a bit of a pain throwing the harness on every time I drive it, but it's worth it. Seats and harness has totally changed the way this car feels.
Stock Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:02 PM   #157
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Boy View Post
Nothing. It's just on now. It's small though, I don't notice it. When it comes time for inspection I'll just throw the Reacaros back in to kill the airbag light. It's a bit of a pain throwing the harness on every time I drive it, but it's worth it. Seats and harness has totally changed the way this car feels.
I bought the pre-made resistor kit on eBay, for $10 or so. I made it myself for my Miata last time I had this issue, but was lazy for the Camaro. In fact, I was so lazy, I decided to cancel the whole race seat plan, and I will just use the Schroth ASM harnes on the Recaro seat. We'll see if it keeps me planted enough.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:23 AM   #158
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Did you buy a HANS to go with it? I just got back from Sonoma with my B&K Harness Bar. Went there without a HANS but bought one on site. Thank god. Three accidents that day. Two cars towed out. On guy taken in an ambulance to ER. One car removed from the track with a forklift. Nutty day. A HANS is worth the fee.

-CRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just got my Necksgen in time for my track event this weekend. Like you said, definitely worth the money, especially when your body is harnessed in.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #159
Pushrod Pete

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Anybody here daily drive their camaro with Sparco seats? I am thinking about putting some Evo 2s in my daily driver. Looking for any feedback.
Pushrod Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:25 PM   #160
Stock Boy

Drives: 2014 1LE
I've had them in for a couple weeks, I love how it makes you feel connected to the car. Very doable as a daily driver, well at least for me.
Stock Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:11 PM   #161
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushrod Pete View Post
Anybody here daily drive their camaro with Sparco seats? I am thinking about putting some Evo 2s in my daily driver. Looking for any feedback.
I stated searching for EVO3's and found the Sparco EVO 2's. The bummer was that they didn't fit my large frame as well as I had hoped for. The EVO 3 is even wider and told difficult to mount in most cars due to center console issues. I now use these Cobra Suzuka seats in my daily driver. I did a trip to Las Vegas and back in them without any issues or discomfort. 3 hours each way.

Still searching for a harness bar.
Attached Images

ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:53 PM   #162
Pushrod Pete

The only thing that has be apprehensive about buying the seats is the whole insurance refusing coverage if anything were to happen with aftermarket racing seats in the car. I am not sure I like that gamble. Might just chalk this one up and get the z28 recaros.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:28 AM   #163
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
^^^that's what I'm doing

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:39 AM   #164
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Quote:
The only thing that has be apprehensive about buying the seats is the whole insurance refusing coverage if anything were to happen with aftermarket racing seats in the car. I am not sure I like that gamble. Might just chalk this one up and get the z28 recaros.
Tell them it's due to a comfort issue and you are a better driver with them.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:49 PM   #165
ZL1-V

Quote:

Your insurance carrier stated to you that they would deny any claims with aftermarket seats? What specifically are you worried about, the airbags not deploying? Is there a specific case or person you personally know that this happened to and you are using as reference? They were denied coverage from an accident? So you are struck by another vehicle you are saying as a fact they will deny the claim? The car has been out for 5 years now and plenty of owners have aftermarket seats! The Recaro seats still don't have enough side bolstering for your legs and hips. That's why they are just as easy to egress and ingress as the stock seats.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:44 AM   #166
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
If there is a way to run aftermarket seats and still have some airbags deploy? If there is a way to trick that seat pressure sensor I'd be in for some corbeaus or something.

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:57 AM   #167
Pushrod Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
Your insurance carrier stated to you that they would deny any claims with aftermarket seats? What specifically are you worried about, the airbags not deploying? Is there a specific case or person you personally know that this happened to and you are using as reference? They were denied coverage from an accident? So you are struck by another vehicle you are saying as a fact they will deny the claim? The car has been out for 5 years now and plenty of owners have aftermarket seats! The Recaro seats still don't have enough side bolstering for your legs and hips. That's why they are just as easy to egress and ingress as the stock seats.

I am going by what many posters on this forum have said.

I did talk to my insurance, and they confirmed that removing any safety feature that was mandated by the "Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards" can result in dropped coverage in the event of an accident or injury.

I thought one way to circumvent this issue would to buy the aftermarket seats and keep the OEM seats. This way I could throw them back in incase something were to happen?

I want those sparco seats bad, but the risk doesn't appear to be worth it for my situation.

Last edited by Pushrod Pete; 06-03-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:30 AM   #168
ZL1-V

Quote:
I am going by what many posters on this forum have said.

I did talk to my insurance, and they confirmed that removing any safety feature that was mandated by the "Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards" can result in dropped coverage in the event of an accident or injury.

I thought one way to circumvent this issue would to buy the aftermarket seats and keep the OEM seats. This way I could throw them back in incase something were to happen?

I want those sparco seats bad, but the risk doesn't appear to be worth it for my situation.
My stock seats are in my garage!