Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #169
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Brady Hoke just scheduled them in a couple of years for an opener. I wonder why? Payback is gonna be a bitch.
Lets hope so..... we still have a tough time defending the spread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL84 View Post
Oh please....yes an SEC team will win the National Championship AGAIN, but this time it will be with the colors of Purple and GOLD....GEAUX TIGERS!
SEC fans.......

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #170
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Well the SEC fan has been awoke............... What is it now....5 in a row BCS National Championships?

All are calling for Bama to do wondeful things this year, but I think some sleepers are in there as well, maybe Arkansas, if Petrino has their heads right, maybe Florida if Muschamp and Weiss can get them going even the Fl. St Crimi"NOLES" seem to be on the right track.......But then there is OU.....hmmmm

Not really sure what to make of them...Sure they will score a ton of points, always do, but it just seems that the Big 12 defenses are not as strong as the SEC.

Everyone talked about McCoy going down but the didn'y mention Texas Defense giving up 2 one hundred yrd rushers in Ingram and Richardson....

Alot is being made about the QB at Alabama....SO WHAT? McElroy hadn't started either and we won the BCS in 2009.

There are going to A LOT of good teams in th eSEC this year that are going to sneak up on people like Miss St, South Carolina Arkansas, even LSU if they can get the QB to quit giving the ball away.

Oregon may be tough with the speed offense they have, but again the really don't play a physical defense..........

Gonna be a fun season this year......BCS game is in New Orleans.........Last Time Alabama was #2 and Miami was #1 and we were not even supposed to stay on the field with them until we put 11 men on the line of scrimage and dared Miami to throw...What was it 34-13? Yeah I am sure that was the score, LOL

Alabama's Defense will be the key to this year, as long as the offense just doesn't throw it away.........Ramma Jamma.
Only thing I would point out it is that OU held Florida to the fewest point scored that year. Florida ran up points at will against the SEC.

By the numbers, SEC offenses don't get better out of conference to ranked teams and ther defenses don't give up much less. It's just different styles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Milner View Post
They're probably going to get a pretty sweet deal for being the new whipping boys of the SEC. I bet Vanderbilt is laughing right now.
Why the F would Vandy be laughing? You don't watch much football, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
For the bonus round can you tell me what the A&M stands for?
I didn't know the answer to this. Guess that makes me a horrible Aggies fan.

In case you missed the point of my dripping sarcasm, Who gives a shit? Why should anybody outside of Aggy alum even know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Milner View Post
Do you watch much SEC football? It's a whole different animal.
I watch a ton of SEC football and you are high. It's the most boring football EVER. It's every bit as much of non-sophiticated and boring offense as it does great defense. Over-rated.

Funny how Teams like Florida Alabama and Auburn of late can run up 50+ regularly in the SEC. Boy, that's some tough defense. Sec schedules their out of conference schedule mixed in with conference games. So you get built in buffers between games. And then talk about a gauntlet. Also funny how the SEC has allowed the most undefeated teams than any other conference in the past ten years. If it's so tough then why all the Regular season undefeated teams? LMAO

Example, Spurrier brought actual offense to the SEC and RULED that conference with offense. Urban Meyer brings the spread and averages 40+ against the SEC most of the time. hahahaha

Quote:
As I understand it, OU has been quiet because they talked about jumping to the Big 10 last summer when NEB left and they were told "no" in a not so polite way because they didn't belong to the AAU.
Believe everything you read?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #171
HoboDelta

Drives: 02 Dodge Dakota
Another Bulldog fan?
Awesome.
Looking forward to this season. Aaron Murray is awesome
HoboDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #172
DietCoke
Slow Turtle

Drives: 2011 1SS
Send a message via AIM to DietCoke
GT put 63 points on poor W. Carolina. Probably more then the basketball team will score... lol
DietCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #173
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Exactly what I said with recruits has already happened. The Aggies lost a recruit this year to Tennessee because he was quoted as saying he wanted to attend TAMU but couldn't turn down a chance to play in the SEC. Believe what you want dude, but unless you know what every recruit in the state of Texas thinks I have my opinion and you certainly have yours.

Even a blind Squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile!!

I see you said "we"....what championship in what sport did you win? Or are you using "we" in the "I attended the University" role? I will assume the latter.

I'm and Aggies fan, I won't apologize for that. You don't like Aggies...cool, whatever. I have family that went to A&M, Texas, and TTU...I never played college football or won a championship and I couldn't care less about the Big XII rodeo, gymnastics, tennis, or freakin juggling champion so you keep spouting those awesome stats bro.
I am a UT Alumni and so is my wife, along with eight other family members (couple of aggies that we don't talk about). When I say "WE",that stands for "WE ARE TEXAS".........only Alumni will understand. Hey, I like juggling!!!
PonyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #174
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS

Oh Lord

I am Jekyll-n-Hyde and im a UT alumni and Really dont care if A&M Comes or Goes I just wish they would make up there mind so we can get on with the season and quit talking about if they are leaving or not

I as a Texas Fan/alumni and orangeblood for life cant beleive im about to say this but lets bring back Arkansas......... The Rivalry of Blood , hate and tears. Even Grandma hates the other school in this Rivalry

Ring Ring Jerry Jones we will come play in your stadium IF you bring Arkansas to the big whatever we are
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #175
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Cannot wait for this season to start, a very promising year for the Sooners!Name:  44.gif
Views: 149
Size:  7.8 KB
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #176
RSokie

Quote:
THAT is a funny f'n pic.

But thanks ponyman, you've just proven that A&M is on the upswing in the last five years and moving on to better things. I appreciate the help.
I say good riddens to a&m they have the worst and most arrogant fans in the big 12....dont let the door in you in the butt on the way out!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #177
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Still better then Ohio st fans.
If you are a Michigan fan and go to Columbus
You take your life in your hands.

Go blue!
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #178
RSokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skar View Post
Still better then Ohio st fans.
If you are a Michigan fan and go to Columbus
You take your life in your hands.

Go blue!
I have heard that in the past.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #179
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I didn't know the answer to this. Guess that makes me a horrible Aggies fan.

In case you missed the point of my dripping sarcasm, Who gives a shit? Why should anybody outside of Aggy alum even know that?
I personally don't care if you knew it or not, the question wasn't directed at you anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Believe everything you read?
In case you missed it PQ, I started with "As I understand it"...just relaying what was reported last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
I am a UT Alumni and so is my wife, along with eight other family members (couple of aggies that we don't talk about). When I say "WE",that stands for "WE ARE TEXAS".........only Alumni will understand. Hey, I like juggling!!!
That's what I thought, a passionate alumni, I can appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post

Oh Lord

I am Jekyll-n-Hyde and im a UT alumni and Really dont care if A&M Comes or Goes I just wish they would make up there mind so we can get on with the season and quit talking about if they are leaving or not
Agreed, but I think their minds are pretty much set on leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSokie View Post
I say good riddens to a&m they have the worst and most arrogant fans in the big 12....dont let the door in you in the butt on the way out!
I guess OU may be holding the door because they are talking about leaving the Big XII too.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ml?eref=sircrc

Oh, the drama!

On another subject...did any of you guys see the Baylor/TCU game? That's awesome for Baylor! I couldn't watch it over here in Iraq, everything is packed up because we are headed home soon.
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #180
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
Yes that game was awesome! I was pulling for Baylor!!
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #181
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Me to!
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #182
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
I'm a huge OU fan but I always pull for the other big 12 teams if they aren't playing Oklahoma. Yes I even root for Texas lol
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote