Phastek Performance

Old 10-23-2023, 09:41 AM   #169
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLRob View Post
Couple of things:

First thing, how do you like those Katech valve covers? Apparently they are cast aluminum and not billets right?

Second, how do you have a cam with a fuel lobe and fuel injectors and still don't have enough to run full pump E85, or is there something here that I missed?

For kicks, you should run a "Dyno" log on HPTuners alongside your normal logged stuff and see how much HP/TQ is indicated by the VCM scanner you are outputting and cross compare that to your Dyno run to see what the power differences are between the two.
1. LOVE the valve covers. This was a purely cosmetic upgrade. I am told they have NO baffling so it can be tricky to get the CC line pressure correct. I needed to add a restriction fitting, like many others have done.

2. I CAN run straight E soon as I get a proper LOW SIDE. Currently have plenty of headway with the injectors, but the low side starts to drop at 6k, so we had to limit the E content to E60 on warm days and E50 on cold days... The JMS helps on the low side, but a proper low side will help me add another 100rwhp when and if i see the need later on.

3. Not sure what a "dyno" log is... I assume that is the same as a WOT data log? Yes, I have those, and I do data log every dyno session. The last session had belt slip, and i lost 1 pound of boost up top, so I assume I will pick up another 25 or so, next time I go out?

When I do look at the HP data logs, the delivered TQ value doesn't change.
For what its worth... at peak TQ (around 3,500 RPM) my air mass changed as follows.

LT4 Injectors + E33 + 8.8 lower = 12.2psi = 1.54 cylinder air mass
FIC 30's + E60 + 9.17" lower = 13.7psi = 1.63 cylinder air mass
ALL the BMR Read End Goodies + BMR Motor Mounts + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS High Flow Crash Bar
DMS Front HX + Fender Tank + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + TOYO 305/345 R888R's = 775rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 10:46 AM   #170
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

OK, found this.... I see what you mean know...
Anyone else done this test?

ALL the BMR Read End Goodies + BMR Motor Mounts + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS High Flow Crash Bar
DMS Front HX + Fender Tank + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + TOYO 305/345 R888R's = 775rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
Old 10-23-2023, 12:37 PM   #171
ZLRob

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
1. LOVE the valve covers. This was a purely cosmetic upgrade. I am told they have NO baffling so it can be tricky to get the CC line pressure correct. I needed to add a restriction fitting, like many others have done.

2. I CAN run straight E soon as I get a proper LOW SIDE. Currently have plenty of headway with the injectors, but the low side starts to drop at 6k, so we had to limit the E content to E60 on warm days and E50 on cold days... The JMS helps on the low side, but a proper low side will help me add another 100rwhp when and if i see the need later on.

3. Not sure what a "dyno" log is... I assume that is the same as a WOT data log? Yes, I have those, and I do data log every dyno session. The last session had belt slip, and i lost 1 pound of boost up top, so I assume I will pick up another 25 or so, next time I go out?

When I do look at the HP data logs, the delivered TQ value doesn't change.
For what its worth... at peak TQ (around 3,500 RPM) my air mass changed as follows.

LT4 Injectors + E33 + 8.8 lower = 12.2psi = 1.54 cylinder air mass
FIC 30's + E60 + 9.17" lower = 13.7psi = 1.63 cylinder air mass
Airmass changes with current DA. I'll see 1.4- 1.5 grams on WOT pulls, but I'll also see if less than sometimes. DA always changes despite being at the same elevation.

I had my eye on those valve covers but it sounds like they are slightly headache inducing due to their raised height qualities that they advertise them for, which is a bit of a bummer. Plus the more I think about it the more they would draw the eye of a smog tech inspecting the vehicle come inspection time.

I agree, I think the JMS has a ceiling of somewhere around mid 700's. I'm seeing mine start to ever so slightly drop pressure up very top but it's not anything that worries me.

I'm gonna message you so we can exchange information!
2017 Red Hot ZL1 A10 - Apex ARC-8's, 305/ 325 PS4's, DSX 9.06 12% Pulley, NGK HR7 Ruthenium spark plugs, Katech Oil Pump, LME tensioner, DOD delete, Cam, MPI lid, Soler ported 87mm (91mm effective) TB, Granatelli SS plug wires, Cordes LTR reservoir, DMS T-stat housing, Borla X pipe, AFe NPP exhaust, Black Widow Angry Housewife/ Venom 250 mufflers, BMR engine mounts, Banks iDash, Lithium Battery, Course Motorsports phone mount, AEM X- Series, HP Tuners, JMS, E85, 13.6 psi
737 HP/ 779 TQ

ZLRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 04:39 PM   #172
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Airmass changes with current DA. I'll see 1.4- 1.5 grams on WOT pulls, but I'll also see if less than sometimes. DA always changes despite being at the same elevation.

I had my eye on those valve covers but it sounds like they are slightly headache inducing due to their raised height qualities that they advertise them for, which is a bit of a bummer. Plus the more I think about it the more they would draw the eye of a smog tech inspecting the vehicle come inspection time.

I agree, I think the JMS has a ceiling of somewhere around mid 700's. I'm seeing mine start to ever so slightly drop pressure up very top but it's not anything that worries me.

I'm gonna message you so we can exchange information!

Thanks Rob, just emailed you... as for the valve covers, I agree... wish the baffling was there, but they have not been an issue for me, the restrictor + MM wild CC work well together.
Old 10-24-2023, 08:47 PM   #173
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
For what its's worth, I saw Socal.m6.zle's under the hood photos and specifically his Katech valve covers and I ordered the same ones. I had big issues with oil pooling up under the lid of my supercharger. But, I was also running the Elite E2-X Catch Can, and after a lot of trial and error, I found solved my issue. Determined that the Elite E2-X catch can doesn't like valve covers with out baffles, even with the restrictor and the venturi valve. I worked closely with Mike at Katech, Jason at Elite Engineering and the support team at Might Mouse. I took the advice from several others and decided to change out to the same catch can as SOCAL.M6ZLE has. I switched to the Might Mouse Mild 800HP with breather. Since then, I've had ZERO issues! So, the Katech valve covers ended up working fine for me once I went with the Might Mouse catch can. At least that's how I was able to get my setup to work correctly! Take care!
2023 ZL1 Auto - CSP 2" Long Tubes by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port | Griptech 2.3" Upper | ATI Super Damper 15% / 9.45" Lower | TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/875cc Injectors | E85 | Brisk RR14S Plugs | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Katech Low Profile Billet Valve Covers | Katech Duel Fuel Pump System | MightyMouse 1000HP CC | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 305/285 | Katech Tuned
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 09:50 PM   #174
ZLRob

Quote:
Thanks Rob, just emailed you... as for the valve covers, I agree... wish the baffling was there, but they have not been an issue for me, the restrictor + MM wild CC work well together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
For what its's worth, I saw Socal.m6.zle's under the hood photos and specifically his Katech valve covers and I ordered the same ones. I had big issues with oil pooling up under the lid of my supercharger. But, I was also running the Elite E2-X Catch Can, and after a lot of trial and error, I found solved my issue. Determined that the Elite E2-X catch can doesn't like valve covers with out baffles, even with the restrictor and the venturi valve. I worked closely with Mike at Katech, Jason at Elite Engineering and the support team at Might Mouse. I took the advice from several others and decided to change out to the same catch can as SOCAL.M6ZLE has. I switched to the Might Mouse Mild 800HP with breather. Since then, I've had ZERO issues! So, the Katech valve covers ended up working fine for me once I went with the Might Mouse catch can. At least that's how I was able to get my setup to work correctly! Take care!
Oh yeah, due to emissions purposes I am not even going to consider doing a catch can, plus I actually like the stock one. I know that's an unpopular opinion, but given my power levels I see no need to change it.
2017 Red Hot ZL1 A10 - Apex ARC-8's, 305/ 325 PS4's, DSX 9.06 12% Pulley, NGK HR7 Ruthenium spark plugs, Katech Oil Pump, LME tensioner, DOD delete, Cam, MPI lid, Soler ported 87mm (91mm effective) TB, Granatelli SS plug wires, Cordes LTR reservoir, DMS T-stat housing, Borla X pipe, AFe NPP exhaust, Black Widow Angry Housewife/ Venom 250 mufflers, BMR engine mounts, Banks iDash, Lithium Battery, Course Motorsports phone mount, AEM X- Series, HP Tuners, JMS, E85, 13.6 psi
737 HP/ 779 TQ

Old 10-25-2023, 07:21 AM   #175
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Oh yeah, due to emissions purposes I am not even going to consider doing a catch can, plus I actually like the stock one. I know that's an unpopular opinion, but given my power levels I see no need to change it.
Sometimes it is good to NOT be a follower.

The only thing we recommend is to increase the size of the fittings and hose from the crankcase box to the air intake tube.

We have the fittings and hose to do it.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 09:45 AM   #176
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:

Hey Rob, I am interested to understand why you think a catch can will cause an emissions issue considering the other mods you have? Are you saying you think you will be able to pass smog with a cam, pulley's, tune and E85?
Old 10-25-2023, 10:37 AM   #177
ZLRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Sometimes it is good to NOT be a follower.

The only thing we recommend is to increase the size of the fittings and hose from the crankcase box to the air intake tube.

We have the fittings and hose to do it.

Ted.
Interesting. Is it too small for stock setup or my power levels?

Quote:
Hey Rob, I am interested to understand why you think a catch can will cause an emissions issue considering the other mods you have? Are you saying you think you will be able to pass smog with a cam, pulley's, tune and E85?
It's a visual/ check engine/ drive monitors thing for them and while I have heard of people passing with a catch can, it definitely doesn't look proper and only gives them ammo to fail you. My cam is still a stock cam technically, so I could run a fully stock tune if I wanted to and I wouldn't run into an issue to smog it or with it running right. Flex fuel will not fail you and they have no quick way to determine OE pulley sizes quickly nor do they have way to prove pulley sizes outside of taking calipers to it but that would require work that they are not authorized to do, nor legally allowed to perform during testing procedures.

My car came with this pulley from a dealer that had to get it smogged before they could sell it. The car also had a tune unbeknownst to them and myself. It passed, so the whole tune thing is not really as big as you would think. This was just last year in 22.
737 HP/ 779 TQ

Old 10-25-2023, 10:45 AM   #178
JANNETTYRACING

Here is the kit for both big gulp and standard rotofab.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...tm_content=web
Old 10-25-2023, 02:15 PM   #179
ZLRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Here is the kit for both big gulp and standard rotofab.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...tm_content=web
I'm still using the stock intake believe it or not.
737 HP/ 779 TQ

Old 10-25-2023, 02:28 PM   #180
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
I'm still using the stock intake believe it or not.
Nothing a drill and tap can't fix.

Order the extra fitting.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:53 PM   #181
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Interesting. Is it too small for stock setup or my power levels?

It's a visual/ check engine/ drive monitors thing for them and while I have heard of people passing with a catch can, it definitely doesn't look proper and only gives them ammo to fail you. My cam is still a stock cam technically, so I could run a fully stock tune if I wanted to and I wouldn't run into an issue to smog it or with it running right. Flex fuel will not fail you and they have no quick way to determine OE pulley sizes quickly nor do they have way to prove pulley sizes outside of taking calipers to it but that would require work that they are not authorized to do, nor legally allowed to perform during testing procedures.

My car came with this pulley from a dealer that had to get it smogged before they could sell it. The car also had a tune unbeknownst to them and myself. It passed, so the whole tune thing is not really as big as you would think. This was just last year in 22.
Report back to us the results of when you fail, it is a big thing, neighbor haD a tune, switched back to the stock tune, and they failed him because they could see how many "writes" the vehicle had. I know not every smog shop is doing this yet, but it's coming.
Old 10-25-2023, 04:01 PM   #182
ZLRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Report back to us the results of when you fail, it is a big thing, neighbor haD a tune, switched back to the stock tune, and they failed him because they could see how many "writes" the vehicle had. I know not every smog shop is doing this yet, but it's coming.
I won't go into heavy detail here, but I have been doing inspections for quite a while now and my most recent one being in 22 with another vehicle. Tons of rewrites from HPT, and no worries. The issue that this line of thinking will always run into is that there is no way to prove that PCM's have been reflashed by the dealers or even independent repair shops with access to factory software due to revisions, recalls, and TSB's.

Regardless, even if there was an issue, I could always flash back to the stock file. I have no problem and no lack of access in doing that myself.
737 HP/ 779 TQ