Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #197
Teodog

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
2011 V6 automatic. 1100rpm vibration issue since day one, no previous fix identified. Took car to dealer for oil change and to document vibration issue again. Paperwork says Dealer found Doc ID #2756752 that states to replace rear subframe forward bushings and 7 bolts, parts are ordered and will direct ship. Will update status of vibration issue after parts installed.
Teodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #198
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teodog View Post
2011 V6 automatic. 1100rpm vibration issue since day one, no previous fix identified. Took car to dealer for oil change and to document vibration issue again. Paperwork says Dealer found Doc ID #2756752 that states to replace rear subframe forward bushings and 7 bolts, parts are ordered and will direct ship. Will update status of vibration issue after parts installed.
Can some find this doc? I can't. Want a copy to take to dealer
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #199
Out4it
Banned

anyone?
Old 04-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #200
2010camarolt

Drives: Victory Red 1LT
have the same issue.....just read all 9 pages. please find a fix already! oh btw 2010 camaro 1lt born may 28 2009#13061....having the issue as long as i could remember got the car used with 7500 miles on it. Now just have over 26,000 and i feel like its getting worse. glad i finally found this thread
Old 04-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #201
Out4it
Banned

Quote:
can we see this doc?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #202
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
I had the same issue. Dealer told me to slow down or speed up. said they called GM and they are aware of the issue but don't have a solution yet. Issue went away after installing my MRT exhaust. Don't feel the vibration any longer.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #203
Teodog

The information I posted is what was on the paperwork when I picked up the car, the Service Advisor had already left for the night.

Sorry I cannot provide anything specific regarding Doc ID #2756752. Just thought I'd share what I had learned for those that have been monitoring this thread for any news of a solution. Sounds like they may have the long awaited fix to this .......... annoying problem.

Will post an update with results after the replacement parts are installed.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #204
Ellehcim

Drives: 14 2LT Red Rock
Hey all,

I had a simalar issues with vibration. I have a '12 v6 auto and was having vibrations in the gas pedal, floor boards and gear shift. (found out if was important to be able to tell the service exactly where you fell the vibrations) it was happening to me between the speeds of 34-45mph and wasn't all the time. I could speed up or slow down to put a stop to the vibrations.

I finally took it to the shop and the service write wanted the main service guy to take a ride with me so i could show the guy. The guy came back and said there was no need me to take the mechanic out. There is a service bulition out on this (wouldn't give me the number for the bulition) but it deals with the Torq Converter. Which they replaced. Now after spending 2 days in the shop (had to wait on the torq converter to be shipped) I have no vibrations (so far, it was getting to the point where the vibration was happening every time I went anywhere.

Hope this helps some of you guys. If need be I can try and find out the number of the service bulition.
Ellehcim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #205
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Had a similar but different issue with the shaking, I was in park and my car began to shake after around 10 minutes with the car running, No revving of the engine or blaring music and it just started to happen, one thing that I did notice is that I have a leak in my rear tire that I had patched about a month ago. I haven't tried to repeat it yet today but if it does any suggestions?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #206
arod41

Drives: 2012 black camaro
Am having the same issue with my 2012 camaro v6. My camaro just has over 6000 miles. Its at the dealership as we speak , went on drive this morning with tech to show vibration and he felt the vibration 2 times and agreed something is wrong.they had my car all day and i just received a call from service guy that they are keeping it overnight because they want there service manager to drive it cause they couldn't get it to vibrate when the tech went out for a second drive after having the car 7 hours.its very fustrating!
arod41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #207
ZX14

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Victory Red
Quote:
The information I posted is what was on the paperwork when I picked up the car, the Service Advisor had already left for the night.

Sorry I cannot provide anything specific regarding Doc ID #2756752. Just thought I'd share what I had learned for those that have been monitoring this thread for any news of a solution. Sounds like they may have the long awaited fix to this .......... annoying problem.

Will post an update with results after the replacement parts are installed.
Did they fix it? Did the vibration go away?
ZX14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #208
Teodog

Took the car into the Dealer after work today. Will post results after I pick up the car, hopefully tomorrow after work.

I found out that Document ID #2756752 is Corporate Bulletin Number #11-03-09-001A: Vibration or Drone Type Noise.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #209
Teodog

Picked up the car tonight and went for a short drive. I am glad to report that the replacement bushings made a significant improvment in reducing the vibration/drone.

I was able to replicate the vibration/drone in a few instances, but now minor and nothing to the extent from before the fix, i.e. it only lasted a few seconds versus being constant.

The Bulletin for this work mentioned in my previous post is for MY 2011, V6 with auto, and VIN past B9145905. Maybe someone knows about a change past that VIN number?

Am undecided at this point if the condition is still an issue to me.....am currently hyper-sensitive to any vibration/drone because I have lived with it for the past year, along with the frustration of waiting for a fix. The absence of help from the GM monitors to this board (not even a reply to PM) along with the deletion of threads, and fellow member being deemed a troll for posting about this issue still bug. Those of you with this vibration problem can probably relate.

I still luv this car..... it's looks turn heads...and I still find myself looking back at it after I park and walk away. Am still hooked on how the original Camaro design was blended into a modern car (always grin when turning the radio AM dial ).

Will do some more driving this weekend to see how much of the issue still exists when not specifically trying to replicate the problem.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #210
sh4mrock

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
Hey Everyone, so I just went through this whole thread and just wanted to throw in that I am having the same issue as the majority of the people. I have a 2012 1LT automatic born Nov '11. I have had it into the dealer for the issue but got nowhere with them, I left it with the for 3 days in total to diagnose and they were unable to replicate the issue, I also went out for a drive with the tech but in the time he gave me(5-10min) I wouldn't hitch... Of course. Only thing they said is maybe wait till it gets worse and bring it back then. Normally this occurs consistently going up hills and just recently even noticed it going down slight inclines keeping at consistent speed. I have actually noticed the stutter..hitch...hesitation... at speeds ranging between 30-60 always in the rpm range of 1500-2200.

I mentioned the problems to my father in law, who is an ase certified tech and been working in cars for probably 35 years, right away he thought it might be the throttle position sensor. He hasn't had the chance to work on any 5th gens yet though so that is just going off experience from other cars. Anyone looked into this at all? I've been consciously trying to notice the position of the pedal when the stutter starts and it does seem to happen in a certain spot, but I could just be hoping for a solution.

Really hoping to take something solid back to the dealer so this can get resolved, thanks everyone for all the input and hope we can get this fixed.
sh4mrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibration v6 low rpm lugging