Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-26-2022, 01:23 PM   #211
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
That may be true, but I am just saying that the Charger/Challenger isn't as bad as you think. As others said, there is also the practicality advantage, especially with the Charger.

And as Farmer Fram kind of was trying to say, not everyone is a track hero. Even if the handling is bad, it's not like you will be pushing it on the street, and again, some buyers realize that and still like the car.

I for one am not at all baffled by the fact that Challenger is #1 in sales. Furthermore, I don’t believe that clever advertising or sketchy financing practices are solely responsible. The Challenger simply has far fewer compromises as a DD/family car vs the Mustang and especially vs the Camaro. The Challenger appeals to anyone who likes fast, comfortable, sporty looking cars. The Camaro appeals to enthusiasts. The former is a much larger group than the latter.
I’m an enthusiast, I participated in a dozen track days last year, my wife and I are empty nesters with three vehicles in the fleet in addition to the Camaro. When I was in the market for a fun car, given the way I intended to use the car, I did not even consider the Mustang or Challenger. There was a time in my life, however, when that calculus would have been skewed entirely in the opposite direction, in favor of the Mopar. When I had a young family and far less disposable income, the Challenger would have been much more appealing, the Charger even more so.
Even in our current stage of life, if we had to limit ourselves to one vehicle, and could choose only between the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger, I would go Challenger in a minute. While I did a ton of track days and went on several spirited drives in the mountains last year, I also drove to work, to the store, on vacation, etc. every damn other day. For nearly all mundane driving chores, the Challenger just works better.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 01:33 PM   #212
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
I for one am not at all baffled by the fact that Challenger is #1 in sales. Furthermore, I don’t believe that clever advertising or sketchy financing practices are solely responsible. The Challenger simply has far fewer compromises as a DD/family car vs the Mustang and especially vs the Camaro. The Challenger appeals to anyone who likes fast, comfortable, sporty looking cars. The Camaro appeals to enthusiasts. The former is a much larger group than the latter.
I’m an enthusiast, I participated in a dozen track days last year, my wife and I are empty nesters with three vehicles in the fleet in addition to the Camaro. When I was in the market for a fun car, given the way I intended to use the car, I did not even consider the Mustang or Challenger. There was a time in my life, however, when that calculus would have been skewed entirely in the opposite direction, in favor of the Mopar. When I had a young family and far less disposable income, the Challenger would have been much more appealing, the Charger even more so.
Even in our current stage of life, if we had to limit ourselves to one vehicle, and could choose only between the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger, I would go Challenger in a minute. While I did a ton of track days and went on several spirited drives in the mountains last year, I also drove to work, to the store, on vacation, etc. every damn other day. For nearly all mundane driving chores, the Challenger just works better.
I would have opt'd for the charger myself (Especially the SRT Hellcat) for the same reasons. 4 door and plenty of interior room.

That's one thing I hate most about my Camaro why they even bother putting in back seats still baffles me.

I drive with the seat tilt'd all the way back and the seat back about 75% so unless your kid's leg is 2" in diameter ain't no one sitting back there.

Which is why now I'm going to rip out the back seat reduce weight put in an o'shit bar and call it a day maybe spice up the back with LED lighting FX and/or a custom built box for a 12" sub just because I can not because I need to or should.
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 01:47 PM   #213
sactownbwoy

Drives: '22 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
That may be true, but I am just saying that the Charger/Challenger isn't as bad as you think. As others said, there is also the practicality advantage, especially with the Charger.

And as Farmer Fram kind of was trying to say, not everyone is a track hero. Even if the handling is bad, it's not like you will be pushing it on the street, and again, some buyers realize that and still like the car.
I would have been in a Challenger Scat if there was a manual to be had around here when I was in the market last year. I have no emotion tied to Ford, GM or Dodge. I liked all 3 but the Challenger edged out the other two on styling. My requirement when I was shopping last year was manual and V8. Didn't really care about anything else. There just so happened to be a dealer with a Camaro LT1 M6 on the lot, 3 hours away so that's what I bought.

I planned on modding the car so the least amount of extra stuff that I didn't have to feel bad about taking out the better. LT1 is perfect for that.

I daily my Camaro, wife has a Telluride for the family trips, and I also have my HD Softail Slim for whatever. My plan is to own all 3 American V8s within about 5 years or so after I retire from the Corps in a couple years.
sactownbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 01:48 PM   #214

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Ever since the 5thGen refresh, with the exception of the Z/28, Chevy and Camaro kicked retro to the curb. They tried to be more sophisticated and appeal to European styling and tastes with the Camaro and evolved styling, but it didn't work.

The Challenger stayed retro and ultimately did better in sales. The Challenger, heavier, roomier, marginal handling....but with a Hemi. That is muscle-car and that is retro. Camaro might have built a better over-all car, but got away from what made them successful initially.

All too late to do anything about it now. Get 'em while you can. My $.02.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:21 PM   #215
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
For nearly all mundane driving chores, the Challenger just works better.
If you're not pulling >1 lateral G on the drive to Costco, what are you even doing with your life?
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:42 PM   #216
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
I would have opt'd for the charger myself (Especially the SRT Hellcat) for the same reasons. 4 door and plenty of interior room.

That's one thing I hate most about my Camaro why they even bother putting in back seats still baffles me.

I drive with the seat tilt'd all the way back and the seat back about 75% so unless your kid's leg is 2" in diameter ain't no one sitting back there.

Which is why now I'm going to rip out the back seat reduce weight put in an o'shit bar and call it a day maybe spice up the back with LED lighting FX and/or a custom built box for a 12" sub just because I can not because I need to or should.
My son's girlfriend has had her kids car seat in the back seat for 3 years now. I have taken nieces and nephews for rides and they sit in the back. I agree, for the most part, it's useless, but I have used mine and for small kids or car seats... it does work.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:28 PM   #217
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I will say this, if you are pushing my Widebody to the limit on the street in the twisties you are going WAY too fast for public roads. While this car might not be breaking any land speed records on Willow or Laguna it is not that bad handling of a car.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 04:51 PM   #218
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
there are way too many drivers out there without enough judgement or talent to handle anything more powerful than an electric barbie toy car.thats why insurance is so expensive.im betting poor judgement has killed more people than covid in the last two years.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:43 PM   #219
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Have to remind everyone that thinks Dodge is such a marketing juggernaut, Dodge sold 215,000 cars, SUVs and Minivans last year, down significantly from the year before.
That could be said about EVERY manufacturer.

Quote:
Just because you like the "American Muscle" commercials from a foreign company for cars made in Canada, it isn't resulting in strong brand sales. (The same foreign company that slaps an American flag on the door of their new SUV and uses a commercial to tell us why. Maybe no one else cares) The only thing Dodge has is a short team sales leadership position in a dying segment of coupes/performance coupes.
It might be a foreign owned company, but they sure seem to understand red blooded Americans, or at least are smart enough to allow other Americans to run the company in order to give other Americans what they want.

Quote:
Without a strong transition to EVs, Dodge (and Chrysler that sold 1/2 of Dodge last year with 2 products) as a brand is pretty much dead regardless of all that awesome advertising (which is only a portion of marketing) they do.
Seems they went from dead last to #1 in the segment though. And they did it on a 20 y.o. platform.....

Here's yet another reason why they are #1:

https://autos.yahoo.com/dodge-direct...161600474.html
Old 01-26-2022, 09:48 PM   #220
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I will say this, if you are pushing my Widebody to the limit on the street in the twisties you are going WAY too fast for public roads. While this car might not be breaking any land speed records on Willow or Laguna it is not that bad handling of a car.
Actually it's pretty garbage. I've driven several and what should be a controlled .7-ish G turn becomes a .95 G barely held butt clenching experience with almost no brake feedback so I have no idea how to modulate my trailbraking other than "inshallah".
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:57 PM   #221
MightyBobo

Drives: 2022 VOM 2SS 1LE M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
"inshallah".

"Inshallah, I will make it through this corner alive..."

20211120 - 1100 --- 20211207 - 2500
20211208 - 3000 (TPW: was 20220103, now 20220124)
20211220 - 3400 (TPW: 20220110)
20220114 - 3800 --- 20220122 - 4300 (1LE Wrap Shuffle)
20220125 - 4B00 --- 20220129 - 4200 (Shipped! ETA: 20220223)
20220212 - 4800 --- 20220216 - 6000!

2024 Silverado EV RST First Edition on reserve, as well.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:52 AM   #222
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
The problem with making bad decisions on purchases is, you have to keep lying to yourself you made the right decision.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:15 AM   #223
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
GM has proven that it takes more than a good platform to sell a car, Dodge has proven that the whole package sells.
1998 Monte Carlo SS
1980 Cutlass Supreme 403
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:36 AM   #224
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
That could be said about EVERY manufacturer.

It might be a foreign owned company, but they sure seem to understand red blooded Americans, or at least are smart enough to allow other Americans to run the company in order to give other Americans what they want.

Seems they went from dead last to #1 in the segment though. And they did it on a 20 y.o. platform.....

Here's yet another reason why they are #1:

https://autos.yahoo.com/dodge-direct...161600474.html
Look at the data, they became number one with 52,000 units in 2021 in the worst segment in the entire industry. I'm sure there are people at Stallantis playing up the "we're Number 1" to build morale with the employees, but this isn't anything to write home about.

You couldn't get a new Dodge Challenger program approved if your business plan was 52,000 units (helps that the Challenger is based on the higher volume Charger). But yeah, they were number 1.

And to your link, GM will gladly build you a COPO Camaro as well. So I don't see that as to why they are Number 1. Ford has a similar program I believe.

Even if a miracle happened and Camaro vaulted to Number 1 in this segment, at this point it would mean nothing from a business standpoint. Volumes are so low at this point, it just doesn't matter.

Last edited by Number 3; 01-27-2022 at 07:53 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote