Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #2493
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
Go Go Vara-raaa-aaam!

Major note: make sure you hook everything back up.

The folks I had do my work forgot to hook the MAF back up , and so I threw a CEL, but after reconnecting and visiting my local Autozone to capture and clear the codes, everything looks good and I wasn't getting instantaneous error messages.

Now to get my re-calibration drive going. Sounds awesome in combination with my ARK catback. Will try and get video in the next day or two (weather is kinda nasty out).

Definitely loving the new setup.
On Order: Ported IM
Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT
1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #2494
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
I like it
Ok now I can hear the VR roar with the stock exhaust. I will post a video of what it sound with the MRT V1. I have a iPhone 4 so may be alil to loud for it's mic. First need to find a way to mount it lol. By noon tomorrow will have the video.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #2495
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
Lol... thanks.
It does sound good. GM did a good job and VR made it better.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #2496
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
It does sound good. GM did a good job and VR made it better.
Thanks, and agreed. Not a bad daily driver.

As a side note, I got a lot of miles on it today with my commute to work and home. I got about 2-3 mpg better on my round trip commute today.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #2497
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I've noticed again, that my exhaust note is much deeper now and it seems as though just cruising around town, I have a low rumble going on now where I really didn't notice it before. Now, now it really sounds good that I'd rather hear it over my smooth jazz in a lot of instances. Seems like it continues to pull hard on accelleration and I can lay down rubber more easily and bark the tires from 1st to 2nd. I'm close to 500 miles on it with having it two weeks today. Love this thing!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #2498
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I've noticed again, that my exhaust note is much deeper now and it seems as though just cruising around town, I have a low rumble going on now where I really didn't notice it before. Now, now it really sounds good that I'd rather hear it over my smooth jazz in a lot of instances. Seems like it continues to pull hard on accelleration and I can lay down rubber more easily and bark the tires from 1st to 2nd. I'm close to 500 miles on it with having it two weeks today. Love this thing!

Get some Solo Performance MACH XLLT with J Pipes and you'll love the rumble ant any down gear shit with Manual mode. Just crasy for the small investment.

Those pipes are made exclusively for V6 Camaros....

Name:  solo j pipes.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  349.2 KB
Old 06-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #2499
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
Not

Gives an idea...sound quality isn't best...but this is the Vararam + ARK N-II catback.
On Order: Ported IM
Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT
1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #2500
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Pitz, that sounds much louder then I thought it would. Thanks for the vid.
Keep the vids coming folks. i dont think we have one vid of the intake from in front of the vehicle hood up and down. That would be nice to see how it sounds from up front
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:30 AM   #2501
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1o.f00t.570rk View Post

Gives an idea...sound quality isn't best...but this is the Vararam + ARK N-II catback.
That's nice, real nice!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #2502
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1o.f00t.570rk View Post

Damn, dude, that sounds good I like that it doesn't sound raspy, but it gives our V6 a nice roar!

Last edited by E.T.; 06-28-2011 at 08:01 AM.
E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #2503
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
From what I understand there were a very limited number of pieces sent out that were too long to properly sit flush with the throttle body. As of today Vararam was going to make changes to their CNC to correct this (to accommodate the tolerances of the GM build process) and the few people affected were going to be sent the updated part.
I meant design, not the odd manufacturing defects.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #2504
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Pitz, that sounds much louder then I thought it would.
Yeah it's quite noticeable. I mean this isn't a modification you do for sound. An exhaust on these cars is mostly for sound. A cold air intake is for performance. That said, a cool side effect of that is the sound. Now if you already have an aftermarket exhaust, it will most likely overpower a lot of the intake sound. You're exhaust note will change slightly because you're feeding the engine more air and cooler air. The sounds you're hearing in my video are with a stock exhaust. So you're hearing a slightly changed stock exhaust note, but you're also hearing some sound from the engine through the intake itself. All that junk hanging off the stock intake is meant to baffle those sounds.

I just wanted to show that you can definitely hear a "difference" with this intake. It's slightly masked when you have an aftermarket exhaust, but it's there. In the 2 days that I've had this intake on the car, I've already had people notice the difference and ask about it. And that's all just based on the sound of the car.

The 3 people that I've taken for a ride commented on the perceived increase in power. I noticed a moderate increase, but other people that don't drive/ride in the car daily said that it's very noticeable versus the last time they rode in it with the stock setup. The only way to tell for sure is to see what it does at the track on Thursday. In any case, I'm confident it'll put down a faster time. The question is: How much faster?

Honestly though, in my personal opinion, a cold air intake is one of the best modifications you can do on a car. It's the first thing I modify on any of my cars. It's an easy way to get some extra power, and it's usually pretty cost effective. So far, I feel that this is the best intake that I've put on a car. I'll know for sure on Thursday if it's truly as great as it feels, but I'm 100% happy with this purchase.

I had an Injen on my previous car. It was great for what it was, but this intake just has everything going for it. The logic and science behind it are all there. Even if you don't buy into the "ram air" concept, there are other factors to consider. There are less restrictions in this intake, and it'll truly pull cold air. I don't have a scan tool yet, but judging by everyone else's IATs with this intake, it's pulling cool air. Judging by the fuel trims people are seeing, it's pulling more air. Everything just adds up.

That said, I don't think you'll be unhappy with any aftermarket intake on this car when you compare it to stock. But considering the prices of new aftermarket intakes (not considering used intakes for resale), you just get the most bang for your buck with this one. It's really not much more expensive than any other intake, and I'm confident that the numbers will show more gains.

Sorry to go off on a tangent there, just figured I'd throw in my 2 cents.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #2505
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
pittpaz is right, the IAT does not go pass 3-4* over whats displayed on the radio as long as you are moving over 40+mph. Anything under that you can see about 10-15* over the radio temp as long as you are not completely stopped.

I cant wait to see the track time..
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #2506
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
pittpaz is right, the IAT does not go pass 3-4* over whats displayed on the radio as long as you are moving over 40+mph. Anything under that you can see about 10-15* over the radio temp as long as you are not completely stopped.

I cant wait to see the track time..

Interesting. The INJEN (or at least mine) is never more than 4 degrees over the radio temp. as long as I am moving no matter what speed or what the outside temp. The only time I see the IAT climb is when I am stopped. Then it quickly drops to the 3 to 4 degrees once I start moving again.