Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #239
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Guys, Everyone is entitled to their thoughts, opinions, and views but in the proper arena. Not here. The thread was made about the 26 people we lost. We buried twolittle kids today. A week before Christmas. In caskets the size of a suit case. There will be more tomorrow, and the rest of the wk. I know being removed from this its not the same for you and I understand and respect that. But in equal respect, the innocent kids are the ones who trick or treat at my house, play with my dogs, love seeing the camaro sitting in the driveway or in town. I hope you understand.

I'm sure if someone started an adult discussion, not pointing fingers, not casting blame, it would be acceptable. But please, in another place.

Thanks. I hope I didn't offend anyone.
Absolutely not, I am terribly sorry for what you, your family, and your community are going through.

Its so easy to get on a tangent.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #240
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Guys, Everyone is entitled to their thoughts, opinions, and views but in the proper arena. Not here. The thread was made about the 26 people we lost. We buried twolittle kids today. A week before Christmas. In caskets the size of a suit case. There will be more tomorrow, and the rest of the wk. I know being removed from this its not the same for you and I understand and respect that. But in equal respect, the innocent kids are the ones who trick or treat at my house, play with my dogs, love seeing the camaro sitting in the driveway or in town. I hope you understand.

I'm sure if someone started an adult discussion, not pointing fingers, not casting blame, it would be acceptable. But please, in another place.

My heart breaks for you and all those in your community and I do not mean to offend. Please know this has reached far beyond and people around the world are mourning with you. I'm a mom and can't imagine your loss, thoughts and prayers are with you! My point here was about remembering those lost and saddened by the rest of the talk.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #241
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Time for this FORM to be closed! We have all said our Piece. Let the childre be buried and let the familys heal. PEACE BE WITH YOU ALL>
Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #242
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
Everyone focuses on guns and it's pretty ignorant. People kill people everyday with cars, but we're not talking about banning cars.

I am a mental health professional, and I work in a maximum security environment, with people who do the most heinous acts you can imagine.

We should be having conversations about mental illness instead, because that's what this is really about. That IS the problem; it's not the instrument that is culpable, but the mind that is attached to the hand that wields it.

From one mental health professional to another, that's what I've been trying to say too! Not many folks are listening. It's not the guns, it's the mental illness of the person with the guns. If not with a gun, what then......................they'll just go online & get instructions to build a bomb, yeah, that would be less lethal huh? Let's treat &/or lock up the person who poses the risk of harm to themself or others.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #243
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
From one mental health professional to another, that's what I've been trying to say too! Not many folks are listening. It's not the guns, it's the mental illness of the person with the guns. If not with a gun, what then......................they'll just go online & get insturctions to build a bomb, yeah, that would be less lethal huh? Let's treat &/or lock up the person who poses the risk of harm to themself or others.
they may indeed suffer from mental illness, but it's not my responsibility as an individual (taxpayer) or government's job to pay these people because they aren't normal.. the responsibility relies on the individual first, then the family.. because when that protocol is not followed, certain political groups want to generalize the issue and take away freedom from all people
Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #244
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
What do you mean pay them? It is the government's responsibility to treat or lock them up. Who else do you think is going to build prisons or commit people to psychiatric hospitals????????????????????? If not then you better not be in the way when they go balistic!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #245
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

This brought tears to my eyes^^^^^

and with this post we will close this thread, but will keep those who lost loved ones in this tragedy in our prayers.
:flag1: