Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #239
RS-ZEE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS
I further tested today. I was finding the harmonics in the cabin were somewhat annoying at some loads and speeds. I had some egg crate soft foam (the kind they use in recording studios) lying around and decided to try it out. I installed in the trunk covering the back seat area and most of the trunk area. The results were very positive. It lowered the tone over all and killed most of the harmonics that I was experiencing. I think if I experiment some more I will have it A1. The sound on the outside is very nice. Very Happy with this setup!
RS-ZEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #240
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-ZEE View Post
I further tested today. I was finding the harmonics in the cabin were somewhat annoying at some loads and speeds. I had some egg crate soft foam (the kind they use in recording studios) lying around and decided to try it out. I installed in the trunk covering the back seat area and most of the trunk area. The results were very positive. It lowered the tone over all and killed most of the harmonics that I was experiencing. I think if I experiment some more I will have it A1. The sound on the outside is very nice. Very Happy with this setup!
Cool stuff! Also the sound will tend to mellow out a bit as the pipes "season"...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #241
JChen

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT RS
Mine was shipped today and will arrive tomorrow. I should have it installed by Wednesday afternoon. I'll post my thoughts then.

On a side note, is it wrong that we get our axle-back kit from a Mustang company?
JChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #242
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChen View Post
Mine was shipped today and will arrive tomorrow. I should have it installed by Wednesday afternoon. I'll post my thoughts then.

On a side note, is it wrong that we get our axle-back kit from a Mustang company?
Very cool!

BTW... I am working on Scott to change Mustang Racing Technologies to MUSCLE Racing Technologies! LOL!

And for anyone who happens to be in the Detroit metro area, make sure you stop by MRT and talk to Scott... He is a car enthusiast extraordinaire! And yes, while MRT is primarily Mustang focused, Scott knows CARS! LOL!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #243
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Speaking of MRT...

Got a e-mail from Kim at MRT... she was wondering if any of you guys who've installed the MRT axle pack would like to share some pics of your car with MRT for their Customer Cars page... Yes, I know.. right now it's all Mustangs... Including MY OLD Mustang:

http://store.mrt-direct.com/v6john.html#_self

If you would like to send them some pics you can send them to sales@mrt-direct.com

thanks guys!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #244
RS-ZEE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS
I think that these days we should stick together for American Muscle. There's nothing wrong with liking Mustangs IMO. My wife drives a 2008 Convertible and we like it alot. I prefer the Camaro but as long as it's American ...in the words of Rodney King...Can't we all just get along?
RS-ZEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #245
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
SCRMING do they have the square tips? I have the body kit being put on my car this week at the dealer. I want a look to fill up the rectangle/square holes. Is this an option with the kit?
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #246
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
SCRMING do they have the square tips? I have the body kit being put on my car this week at the dealer. I want a look to fill up the rectangle/square holes. Is this an option with the kit?
Not an option that I'm aware of... Perhaps they could build you one with no tips? Then you could add your own? Just thinking out loud here... Best bet is to give them a call...
Old 10-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #247
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Speaking of MRT...

Got a e-mail from Kim at MRT... she was wondering if any of you guys who've installed the MRT axle pack would like to share some pics of your car with MRT for their Customer Cars page... Yes, I know.. right now it's all Mustangs... Including MY OLD Mustang:

http://store.mrt-direct.com/v6john.html#_self

If you would like to send them some pics you can send them to sales@mrt-direct.com

thanks guys!
I'll try to get you some this weekend.....
Beauwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #248
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
I'll try to get you some this weekend.....
cool!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #249
JChen

Just installed mine this morning. Start up is teriffic as well as acceleration. Nice low, deep tone. Like RS-ZEE said, there are some loads that are a bit too heavy for me. I'm going to look into sound dampening the trunk area without the expense of Dynomat. Perhaps I'll wait a bit for the pipes to season...

My biggest probelm: Where to hide the stock mufflers so my wife won't know what I've done!

Okay, my mod fever has subsided, for now.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #250
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Hmmm...that is what my G8 sounded like with the "washer mod"...but I removed it cause I thought it sounded like crap...but if you guys think it sounds good...I might do that mod again lol
Old 10-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #251
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Not an option that I'm aware of... Perhaps they could build you one with no tips? Then you could add your own? Just thinking out loud here... Best bet is to give them a call...
Orange5G - Let me know what response you get on this. I'd love to order this get when I get my car, but I was hoping to use Borla intercooled tips. If we can order them with no tips (preferably at a reduced price) that would making things considerably easier.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #252
JChen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-ZEE View Post
Any chance you can post some pics of your trunk with the dampening foam installed?

Appreciate it.