Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #239
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Man who would wanna live in God forsaken California? I moved from my parents house in Willow Glen (suburb of San Jose) in 2005 and never looked back! No way I can afford my lifestyle PLUS a 1500 sq foot cottage for 900k lol.

Id take texas anyday over california plus no modding cars, No thanks and im sorry for anyone who lives there.
Its so bad...

Its also looking like I will have to go to college here....

TAKE ME AWAY GODDAMMIT IT SUCKS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
When I see or hear of teenagers working and buying a car that I could never have been able to afford in my teens... I say more power to 'em. Even if they have an agreement with their parents to help them out with the purchase, insurance, etc., based on school grades, going on to college, or whatever... that's fine. It's the kids that have these beautiful cars handed to them for basically doing nothing that I have a big problem with.

So, I can see all sides of this issue. I believe I was brought up with classic values that many (in fact, most) kids these days are not expected to have. Parents who give their kids everything have failed them, in my mind, by not instilling a work ethic and sense of responsibility that would get them through life if the parents suddenly weren't around... I see so many teens these days that have no clue how to act around adults or in social/public situations. It's frightening and doesn't paint a pretty picture for their future (or ours, when they become "in charge"). God help us all!!!!
^This. This is the main issue with my generation. No work ethic. It seems that so long as you are generating a work ethic (either through school or after-school job), its not that big of a deal.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #240
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
I'm 19 and have a 2014? Is there a problem with us teenagers having Camaros?
Old 10-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #241
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
I'm 19 and have a 2014? Is there a problem with us teenagers having Camaros?

Yes read the posts in this thread

I'm 35 (almost) & some of my friends give me a hard time because I'm not 40 yet & already driving a camaro lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Old 10-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #242
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
TEENS & CAMAROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSS1LE View Post
It is degrading and I'm not saying some or any of the posts are valid, I'm saying don't open your mouth about young people thinking they didn't earn it or buy it themselves. You don't know if they bought it or if there parents gave it to them. And even if there parents did buy it for them who cares, it's a $30k camaro, these things aren't a big deal. Your just all pissed off because your all 30 40 & 50 years old and just now being able to fit one of these cars into your life. At that age y'all should be in ZR1's and TT Lambos not camaro's. I know, promise, I will. Maybe if you did better in school you could've been able to buy one a long time ago

Congratulations, this post completely encompassed the crux of this point.

It's not so much age or means of buying the car but an attitude that comes with that age.. and some it never leaves.

Having a nice car does not = money and for damn sure does not mean grades or surmises the success in ones life.

The attitude, " just a 30k car", " just a Camaro" will get you some stink eyes around the wrong people and some people may stop liking you. It sounds completely elitist. Some may never have a 30k car, why?Because some things matter more.

Don't forget that wealth isn't your bank account or cars you drive. It's what's in you and can be measured by the amount of people that will either remember you or spit on your grave.

There's TONS of teens here that don't have this attitude. Some show a lot of respect and comprehend hard work, They're all very humble and have complete respect for everyone and their parents. Then there are some rotten apples.

Old 10-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #243
jcamaro37f

I hope you stick around for 20 more years, and see how you do.

Old 10-17-2014, 04:11 PM   #244
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
In regards to California

I moved from California to Omaha with my wife and daughter years ago. My daughter is no longer in a class of 35 students (20 here). I would pay $1450.00 a month for a two bedroom apartment there. In Omaha I paid $850 for our first apartment and it was in a better neighborhood. We lived in Pomona Ca before so most areas are going to be better.

If I wanted a decent house in a decent area back then I was looking at shelling at $300,000 plus. Here I paid $150,000 and got a bigger house (we had it constructed)

Dont get me wrong I miss the Beach, Parks, and IN N OUT! I just dont know how long it would have taken me to get this over there.

Old 10-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #245
jcamaro37f

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfamousxi View Post
I moved from California to Omaha with my wife and daughter years ago. My daughter is no longer in a class of 35 students (20 here). I would pay $1450.00 a month for a two bedroom apartment there. In Omaha I paid $850 for our first apartment and it was in a better neighborhood. We lived in Pomona before so most areas are better but apartments were cheap in Pomona.

If I wanted a decent house in a decent area back then I was looking at shelling at $300,000 plus. Here I paid $150,000 and got a bigger house (we had it constructed)

Dont get me wrong I miss the Beach, Parks, and IN N OUT! I just dont know how long it would have taken me to get this over there.

In n out is what's keeping me here :(

Old 10-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #246
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro37f View Post
In n out is what's keeping me here :(

Every time I go back we have to eat In N out, Jack in the box, Shakeys and el pollo loco. We have a five guys out here that everyone claims is like IN-N-OUT but its nothing like IN-N OUT.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #247
William.23

Drives: 2011 Summit White.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
This
What do you mean by this word :P?
Old 10-17-2014, 11:43 PM   #248
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro37f View Post
Congratulations, this post completely encompassed the crux of this point.

It's not so much age or means of buying the car but an attitude that comes with that age.. and some it never leaves.

Having a nice car does not = money and for damn sure does not mean grades or surmises the success in ones life.

The attitude, " just a 30k car", " just a Camaro" will get you some stink eyes around the wrong people and some people may stop liking you. It sounds completely elitist. Some may never have a 30k car, why?Because some things matter more.

Don't forget that wealth isn't your bank account or cars you drive. It's what's in you and can be measured by the amount of people that will either remember you or spit on your grave.

There's TONS of teens here that don't have this attitude. Some show a lot of respect and comprehend hard work, They're all very humble and have complete respect for everyone and their parents. Then there are some rotten apples.

Thats a very good post...with many very good points. Im thinking he has bailed on this thread once people started calling him out.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:11 AM   #249
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
a consensus on Camaros and In-N-Out!!!!
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-18-2014, 05:17 AM   #250
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
...I have a few different options in mind!
Please feel free to express your opinions about Teens and Camaros. But not hamburger joints in CA.

That would be considered and constitute a

If you want to talk about hamburgers, please do it here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 10-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #251
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
I would say,if I was given a Camaro when I was a teenager,I would be dead now. I remember driving my buddy's '87 5.0 TPI IROC . I'm lucky i'm not dead.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:33 AM   #252
SilverSS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Thats a very good post...with many very good points. Im thinking he has bailed on this thread once people started calling him out.
I haven't bailed, I'm just watching y'all go over and over on the same idea of these cars being a big deal. And it's not an attitude we have from these cars, it's from people like you that think because y'all rotted on this earth longer than us you deserve to shit in a toilet and not a bucket. Yes some of you may have more experience than others, but what does that have to do with owning a camaro? If I was to buy a truck it would have cost more than my camaro, but that's okay? As long as it's not a golden camaro right?

Closed Thread