Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-13-2012, 01:27 AM   #239
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
where do i go to buy this.. mace have a website?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotexas25 View Post
They have a website I just checkout out but I couldn't find the LLT insulator.

How does this insulator work with port matched manifolds? Is the insulator port matched?
The item is located here in the link below just under the SIDI banner/heading. Will update over the coming weeks to eliminate any ambiguity and include LLT

http://www.maceengineering.com.au/ep...Products/MI621

Just note in the comments section which size spacer you're after MI621(6mm), MI622(12mm) or MI623(25mm) and it will be sorted. The price is all the same.

In regards to port matching manifolds, given the acceptable sand casting tolerance our insulators, it's not possible for them to be 100% perfect your combination with no two inlet manifolds or cylinder heads exactly the same. However they are close

If you manifold/cylinder head has been ported then they'll need to be ported to suit accordingly, which isn't overly difficult as the material is relatively easy to work with.

Hope this helps.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Last edited by MACE_ENG; 01-13-2012 at 01:40 AM.
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #240
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Kudos to Steve. Really nice guy to work with. Thanks for supporting our little LLT.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:13 AM   #241
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Sweet man...I picked up some too!

So what intake are you running again?
When I started using mine (for the first time), I wondered if you'd made it down to pick some up! They are worth their weight in gold!

I'm going with the 1". Looks like my good ol' Airaid will deal with it just fine. I was impressed with Hapisok's results- although my mods differ slightly, I'm hoping for similar results.

I need to break down and ask how you list your mods at the bottom of the posts, so folks can compare outcomes with some idea of the variables. Can someone dumb this down for me? I can't figure it- thanks.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #242
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I need to break down and ask how you list your mods at the bottom of the posts, so folks can compare outcomes with some idea of the variables. Can someone dumb this down for me? I can't figure it- thanks.
too easy...

1. click on the Quick Links tab in the upper right corner.
2. select Edit Signature.
- from there, it will take you to a text box where you can add your mods.
- a little further down the page, upload a pic.
- select preview to make sure everything fits into your sig box the way you want as it only gives you so much room to play with.
3. save and your done

Old 01-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #243
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Ventmaster.... Quit posting and get get intake back on!!! Lol!
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #244
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post

If you manifold/cylinder head has been ported then they'll need to be ported to suit accordingly, which isn't overly difficult as the material is relatively easy to work with.

Hope this helps.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve
That will be something to think about when I get this with the ported intake manifold. Thanks for the tip!

Would it be a DIY job, or will have to take it to a shop to have them match up the port size before installation?

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #245
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
sooo...no go on the vararam?
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #246
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I actually have my 25mm matched to my ported IM. I did the same with the 18mm insulator when I did the initial testing, but that one I had to have it done by my porting guy since we had to reshape and resize the holes then taper to stock head. The 25mm I did it myself with a dremel and it turned out really well, and it was very easy also since I only had to shave off instead of adding any epoxy to make the hole smaller. The insulator(phenolic) material is very easy to work with too.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #247
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Can anyone help me out? I see the gains from using this,but what I don't see are what certain sizes bring to the table. For example 25mm= xhp and y tq. 12mm= xHP and yTQ . If people have tested certain sizes,can we get results from each?
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #248
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out4it View Post
Can anyone help me out? I see the gains from using this,but what I don't see are what certain sizes bring to the table. For example 25mm= xhp and y tq. 12mm= xHP and yTQ . If people have tested certain sizes,can we get results from each?
the main issue right now with size X = yHP & zTQ is that the sizes have been tested independently.

BMORECAM tested out the 18mm...but his was tested at the same time with his porting job.

mine was with the 25mm...but my mods are different from his as well, not to mention on an A6.

there aren't any other results online yet apart from ours either. to get a true baseline of what you're asking for, we would need a stock setup to go through and test each size...same day, same dyno. but it just hasn't happened yet.

but it is known that increasing the runner length of the IM will increase your low end TQ and HP...therefore, the thicker the insulator, the higher the gain. i know its kinda vague and not the definite answer you're looking for but hope it helps.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #249
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
the main issue right now with size X = yHP & zTQ is that the sizes have been tested independently.

BMORECAM tested out the 18mm...but his was tested at the same time with his porting job.

mine was with the 25mm...but my mods are different from his as well, not to mention on an A6.

there aren't any other results online yet apart from ours either. to get a true baseline of what you're asking for, we would need a stock setup to go through and test each size...same day, same dyno. but it just hasn't happened yet.

but it is known that increasing the runner length of the IM will increase your low end TQ and HP...therefore, the thicker the insulator, the higher the gain. i know its kinda vague and not the definite answer you're looking for but hope it helps.
Sure I understand. Just thought I missed something. It would be cool to someday have the tests or a rough estimate of what each size will do. In time. Thanks for the answer!
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #250
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Also from what I saw on Steve's post, no matter the size the price is the same

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #251
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
just to make sure i'm hearing this right, if i get the ported IM (when available), it would be a good idea to get the holes in the insulators widened to match the ported IM?

if so, how much power/tq do you think would be gained by doing this? worth doing, or just leaving the insulator alone?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #252
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
just to make sure i'm hearing this right, if i get the ported IM (when available), it would be a good idea to get the holes in the insulators widened to match the ported IM?

if so, how much power/tq do you think would be gained by doing this? worth doing, or just leaving the insulator alone?
not sure of the expected gains...but it would be necessary to really see the gains from your ported IM. by not matching up the ports between your IM and the insulator, you're air flow will be disrupted by the mismatched size and hender your gains.