Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #2535
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I can't hang with those young kids after hours in the parking lot, gonna try to catch up with speedster today and say hello.
oh you def were able to hang Mister! It was good meeting you, wish i would have caught you saturday night

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Bruce,

It was a huge pleasure meeting you and your beautiful wife and getting to spend so much time talking...

You and your wife made up part of what to me is what the fest is all about... Great people with a common interest in a Great car....
ditto... you both are good people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Well said Robert. It was a pleasure meeting both Bruce and his wife and chatting them up Friday night. Super nice people!!
ditto again.

cant wait till next time Bruce!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #2536
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Wow, where do I start ?

The second Camaro 5 Fest has occurred, we just got back to Florida a short while ago and we are already planning for next year!

The one thing you find out while at the Fest is that it isn't really about the car, it is about the people. I consider everyone in the Camaro 5 community as a friend and the trust, comraderie and support is incredible. There are stories abound of C5'ers helping each other out. No strings attached. Not because they have to, but because they want to. But you can't just leave it there because it is the love of our new Camaros that bring us together...and we were together. In our cars, at the track, eating out, at the hotel, in the parking lot, on the drives to and from anywhere and everywhere. You feel like you are in fantasy land for the days at the Fest.

That being said it was so great to meet both familiar faces and brand new ones. It just amazes me the response when you realize who you are talking to and they realize who you are. It is an INSTANT bond. You are just smiling from both inside and out. Another form of permagrin...

Anyway, there are so many people to thank. After thrashing on the SST for 48 hours with about 2 hours sleep, we were this "" close, but ended up having an electrical problem in one of the primary computers and there was just no way the manufacturer could get us another one in time. But in the big picture it didn't matter - because it is the members of Camaro 5 that are truly the best.

Thank You All.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Did Bruce make it to the Fest (without the SST)? I hope he had a chance to have some fun at the Fest.

Hang in there, Bruce. Good things come to those who wait.
Thank You DE. You have been a great person to chat with both here and offline. It was fun and we will be posting pics and video for your enjoyment !
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
One thing is for sure, BRUCE is 100% straight forward , no B.S. person....

SST is real, and knowing Bruce, he's not going to bring a car that doesnt run 100%........................

Thank You so very much Kelly. But sir, you are at the forefront of the "110%" car with Veteran1. I will be there is not a service person around who does not know of your Camaro. I do appreciate your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i don't believe it. as for the last pic, anybody can photoshop

Ha, ha. Very funny. Some "real" pics in a following post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Bruce,

It was a huge pleasure meeting you and your beautiful wife and getting to spend so much time talking...

I look forward to seeing your car, and I hope your little road trip in mine was enough to satisfy that craving for a week or two longer until yours is ready....

You and your wife made up part of what to me is what the fest is all about... Great people with a common interest in a Great car....
Robert - I don't even know what to say. You took the words out of my mouth. YOU are what the fest is all about. We had a great time and you are truly a great person. It was an honor being able to hang out with you and your wife. The ride you took Sherry and I (and pig) for in Brandi was quite the rush. You definitely flipped her stomach... and hitting 110 or so before that light was impressive. I can't wait until we get together again for some more good times.

Meeting and being with people like you is what makes it all worthwhile. Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Hi Bruce, It was a blast taking you for a rip around the autocross track.. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife.
Dan, without knowing it, like Robert above, you are what the fest is all about. I know we have gone back and forth for quite some time on Camaro stuff but I have to give the members an idea of the scenario...

Dan and Bruce were asking people where the other one was so that we could meet at the fest. After picking out Dan's car on the AutoX, I was going to go down and say 'hi' but everytime I went down he was staging for another run. Finally, much later I saw a time where he had just completed a run. So I headed on over to see him and this is what transpired:

B: Hey Dan, how are you? Nice run.
D: Hi.
B: By the way, I am Bruce, Speedster
D: Holy cow! Glad to meet you.
5 second pause
D: Wanna go for a ride?
B: You're kidding right?
D: No.
B: When
D: Right Now.
B: I'll go get my helmet.
D: Don't bother, go grab one from them over there.
B:OK
1 minute later in the staging area
B: (Calling wife on cell) Hey get your video camera out and record Dan's car
S:Where are you?
B: In the staging lane - NOW...
D: Hold on, here we go.
and 53 seconds later with incredible acceleration, g-forces, brakes and tire smoke we finish.

Again, this is what Camaro 5Fest is all about. - Thank You Dan !
I hope to return the favor with the SST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Well said Robert. It was a pleasure meeting both Bruce and his wife and chatting them up Friday night. Super nice people!!

Robert it was also great to meet both you and your wife as well. I only wish time didn't pass as quickly as it did. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again next year.
Nick - It was so great hanging with you out in the parking lot at the host hotel. Again - an instance where you meet someone in person for the first time but through Camaro 5 I feel like we have been friends forever. You have some great ideas and your project just keeps getting better all the time... Great meeting you in person !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Bruce I'm glad you spotted me and you and your wife came over to introduce yourself. It would have been a shame to have missed you. A great pleasure meeting you and I hope I'll be able to see the SST in action when you get it sorted out.
Doc - We know you didn't make it to the Fest until late Saturday, but your car is one of a kind and the minute we saw it we were gonna track you down. Thanks for taking the time to chat. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I didn't get to meet him, until the last night at the host hotel. He handed me his book from last years fest to sign, and I looked at him and asked "who are you again?"
You're a funny guy Milk. We saw you cruising around many times during the Fest but you were always busy so we didn't want to interrupt. It was great seeing you Saturday night and trust me, your sig is a classic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
I wish more people would have come by the Granatelli Tent and introduced themselves. - WE got to meet a lot of people but it was hard to put a face with a forum name. I am sure many came by to look around and never stopped too. I wanted to meet more people
JR- I feel terrible that we didn't stop by your tent. I kept telling my wife that I needed to speak with you. I did see you cruise through the host hotel parking lot and was heading your way to say hi, but you were on your way out and I didn't catch you. Next time you gotta stay and hang out with us in the parking lot.

There are so many great people and good times that were at had at C5FestII that there is just not enough time or space to put them all here, but I really want to shout a special thanks to some of members that touched us in some way this trip. You are all so cool.
GTAHVIT(Chris),PQ(Randy),Bonnie, TAG (Doug), Mrs TAG (Dana), Killer74Z28 (Mike), Mindz (Jarrod),Tribone (Billy), Dragoneye (Joe),Kyle Gilmour, MC69 (Mike), MLee (Mike), Mercury Man (Brian) & Derek - Dead Frog Rules!, CruznSS from Virginia(Mark), Blkhawk6 (Terry), Justice Pete, Scott Settlemire, Becky (Rodgers) -Thanks for the hats !, Rickerbucks, El Diablo, El Manny, Dangeruss (Russ), Ssooch (Rick), The incredible Texas group - you know who you are !!

Thank You all so much. YOU are what makes Camaro 5 such a great family.

Last edited by speedster; 04-20-2011 at 07:40 AM.
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #2537
speedster
SST...

... and just to prove that I am not 100% full of crap... OK maybe 95%

Some SST pics from Thursday. Damn I wish we could have gotten the computer fixed.
1. What it looks like from the front. Kinda mean. (had stock wheels on for rolling around shop)
2. Everything is in and ready to run - all systems.
3. The hood. (Sorry it wasn't latched when we took the pic)
4. The twin fuel cells - all anodized, with sensors, controls and aircraft connectors.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #2538
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
glad you did not throw yourself under the bus, lol...but now i need to get you psyched about getting with us @ sgmp in october, you will have had plenty of time to get all bugs worked out,,quick 1 { i think is lsr} and regina{ acatlover} is working to get us the track around that time...the post is now in "pony war pics" but we are gonna start a new thread..http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...age=3...regina is really good with organising this..and it would be awesome and a good draw to get you and the sst there...
Old 04-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #2539
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
glad you did not throw yourself under the bus, lol...but now i need to get you psyched about getting with us @ sgmp in october, you will have had plenty of time to get all bugs worked out,,quick 1 { i think is lsr} and regina{ acatlover} is working to get us the track around that time...the post is now in "pony war pics" but we are gonna start a new thread..http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...age=3...regina is really good with organising this..and it would be awesome and a good draw to get you and the sst there...

Sounds like fun. I'd be in...
Old 04-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #2540
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
It was kinda funny.. when you showed up to meet me. I was giving rides in my car or jumping in someone else's to get them through the course if they were not familiar with the track or autocross in general.

Just so happened you hit me at the right time for me to run the course again. I wish I would have seen Chris or PQ so I could show them as well what their car is *really* capable of...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #2541
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
gotta spot me 3 cars..lol
Old 04-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #2542
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Bruce...great meeting you...wish we could've spent some more time hanging out. Keep me up to date on the beast so we can get you a final signature!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #2543
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
What a truly stand up guy.

Bruce, it was a pleasure getting to visit with you again and meeting your wife. You guys are truly great people and I only wish there would have been more time.

I hope the SST gets finished up very soon for you and can't wait to see some videos of it running around!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #2544
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Sick - I say just SICK. I like it! All hale to the huge turbo - 2 is even better

Tom, as usual, did a great job. But like everything it takes a team. I still say it would look better with my V/C on it
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #2545
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
... and just to prove that I am not 100% full of crap... OK maybe 95%
Since the fest is over and we know you exist, we'll cut you and your thread some slack in regards to "Are you there yet?"

.... just kidding

So.... ARE you there yet?

OK, you have 4 computers to operate the SST.
One for the injectors
One for the dual fuel pump system
What were the other two?

You actually had to design your own computer system that effectively does what the factory ECU does, but much more, using the 4 computers eliminating the factory computer....did I get it right? (you were talking kind of.... speedy LOL)
Old 04-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #2546
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Since the fest is over and we know you exist, we'll cut you and your thread some slack in regards to "Are you there yet?"

.... just kidding

So.... ARE you there yet?

OK, you have 4 computers to operate the SST.
One for the injectors
One for the dual fuel pump system
What were the other two?

You actually had to design your own computer system that effectively does what the factory ECU does, but much more, using the 4 computers eliminating the factory computer....did I get it right? (you were talking kind of.... speedy LOL)

Close, but not quite.
4 computers
1) Factory ECU - in order to have all factory gauges work and airbag stuff and controllers, etc you need to have this. CAN Bus. But we did bypass stuff like the autostart circuitry. There is no fuel/ignition control done by this either. No TPS, No direct "engine" sensors.
2) Engine controller - 16 injectors, 4 coils, 60-2 trigger, overall fuel pump control, electric fan controller, AirToWater intercooler pump controller and monitors everything from cylinder temp to the amount of trash in the interior . Data logs everything.
3) Transmission Controller - when you swap from a stock 6L80E to a completely non-stock 4L85E you need to be able to program the tranny for different profiles on the fly. (Street, Strip, Road Course, High Speed runs)
4) Fuel Pump Controller - Aeromotive - When under no boost/low load conditions runs the primary pump at lower voltage. This is easier on the pump and keeps the fuel temp lower. When heavier load runs primary pump at full voltage. When in boost - cranks both pumps based on what computer 2) tells it to do.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #2547
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Close, but not quite.
4 computers
1) Factory ECU - in order to have all factory gauges work and airbag stuff and controllers, etc you need to have this. CAN Bus. But we did bypass stuff like the autostart circuitry. There is no fuel/ignition control done by this either. No TPS, No direct "engine" sensors.
2) Engine controller - 16 injectors, 4 coils, 60-2 trigger, overall fuel pump control, electric fan controller, AirToWater intercooler pump controller and monitors everything from cylinder temp to the amount of trash in the interior . Data logs everything.
3) Transmission Controller - when you swap from a stock 6L80E to a completely non-stock 4L85E you need to be able to program the tranny for different profiles on the fly. (Street, Strip, Road Course, High Speed runs)
4) Fuel Pump Controller - Aeromotive - When under no boost/low load conditions runs the primary pump at lower voltage. This is easier on the pump and keeps the fuel temp lower. When heavier load runs primary pump at full voltage. When in boost - cranks both pumps based on what computer 2) tells it to do.
When you were telling me all this Friday night I was like and and .

The Mad Scientist!!
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #2548
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Close, but not quite.
4 computers
So you just pull the factory SES light and the electromotive has its own?
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo