Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-16-2016, 12:19 PM   #253
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galtman View Post
Hope, this gen looks better in person. Because when I look at the pics, I feel that this is what bugs bunny would love 2 drive in looney tunes. It looks too cartoonish and not photogenic.
Like the interior though , except for the roof over the dashboard. It is 2 high. Would be good for an suv, but not for the camaro.
Also this car NEEDS full led quad headlights as an option

And I hope that this is not a track oriented car like the new z06 and does not have the parachute like the vette has. Too bad that GM thinks that a parachute in a supercar is a good idea. The z06 is slow as *uck after the 125-130 mph. Even the cts v is faster on high speeds.
lolwut.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:20 PM   #254
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Looking at the pictures again, I just need to say it again. This car looks bad ass. That hood just really nails the look for me.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:21 PM   #255
Jonsky88

Drives: White on Black
2016 ZL1

Love the new ZL1
I'm just not sure about the ass end on the 2016 model.
I think it's just the spoiler that dosent look right, I love the boot lip on the 1LE's, these look much more aggressive in my opinion.
Jonsky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #256
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galtman View Post
Hope, this gen looks better in person. Because when I look at the pics, I feel that this is what bugs bunny would love 2 drive in looney tunes. It looks too cartoonish and not photogenic.
Like the interior though , except for the roof over the dashboard. It is 2 high. Would be good for an suv, but not for the camaro.
Also this car NEEDS full led quad headlights as an option

And I hope that this is not a track oriented car like the new z06 and does not have the parachute like the vette has. Too bad that GM thinks that a parachute in a supercar is a good idea. The z06 is slow as *uck after the 125-130 mph. Even the cts v is faster on high speeds.
the first paragraph there is all subjective, however im struggling to try and understand any of that second paragraph. Parachute?? what vette comes with a parachute? And the Z06 is slow under 125? there's stock Vettes out there running 10's @ 130's. how is that slow exactly?
Old 03-16-2016, 12:27 PM   #257
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Sounds like there may be more demand than supply. If you haven't already, start making friendly with your local dealers! Mine called me this morning to give me the breaking news, at which point I told him he was 10 hours late. lol He confirmed I was still on the top of zl1 list and that there wouldn't be any adm funny business.

I hope everyone else's dealers don't begin taking advantage of how many people are gonna want this car.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:27 PM   #258
Inferno LT

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 1LT
Woah Mannn

Turn this car over to John Hennessey for a few weeks and nothing will be able to touch it, including the Hellcat!!!
Inferno LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #259
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Not a fan of the back half of the car, but other than that, it's amazing. I could get past the rear appearance quick.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:31 PM   #260
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
http://www.chevrolet.com/all-vehicle...o.content.html

PDR in ZL1. :-)
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:34 PM   #261
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
Not a fan of the back half of the car, but other than that, it's amazing. I could get past the rear appearance quick.
Well, the idea is that you don't look at the back of it, you don't even SEE the back of it, when driving it, so you have that going for you!

If I had the $$, I'd be in line. But, I don't. And that makes me sad.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:35 PM   #262
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
The last generation ZL1 was also quick to turn-in. A very nimble car for it's size. The hiccup with that car was the differential was more suited for straight line traction and power delivery...it didn't rotate as quickly as, say, a 1LE or the Z/28.

The new edifferential will fix all that. And in a conversation with Al, he alluded to the ability to lock up and open the diff whenever they wanted to, aiding the ability to rotate the car around a turn, and compensate for the extra weight of the engine.
Oh wow, that sounds fantastic. So you're not worried at all about it chewing through tires too fast, like an Audi where there's too much weight up front?
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:37 PM   #263
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LT View Post
Turn this car over to John Hennessey for a few weeks and nothing will be able to touch it, including the Hellcat!!!
It should beat the fat kitty stock. Heard there was a run on kitty litter today.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:37 PM   #264
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
I'm guessing and being hopeful that there will be more information forthcoming, regarding the drivetrain, chassis, and suspension (in addition to MRC/PTM). It just seems that car of this caliber, needs more. Similar to the Z06/Z07 Corvettes.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #265
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
They said the same thing last time, and it was the same fenders.
There was someone on the forum (I assume he works at the plant) That said something along the line of he was putting wider sheet metal on a car he wasnt allowed to talk about.
This was a couple months ago.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:42 PM   #266
John Galtman
Banned

Drives: s coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Looks are subjective. I think it looks amazing. I'm pretty sure they are marketing it as a very capable track car. I mean, all the videos are of it on a track. I also didn't know the Z06 was slow as ***k! I've never heard anyone say that before.
Well, agree about the looks. It's subjective.
And if it is a track car thats very sad... They could left that space for the z28...
As for the z06.. Yes, it slow for a supercar on high speeds.Even with the stage 0 it makes a lof of downforce, which kills the speed.

Even a 4 -door cts v is faster than that failure....
John Galtman is offline   Reply With Quote