Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
I manage FedEx as a service provider for my company. We do millions of dollars in business with them every year. While we do have our occassional issues, they are mostly reliable. However, they do have a significant lacking in investigational support and issue resolution.

You need to clarify somethings:

How large was this battery? Did it ship via a FedEx freight service? FedEx freight is a contracted service, so in a sense, they do a lot of "3rd party" logisitics even within their own network.

Who insured this? The packer, or did they file insurance through FedEx. This is an important part.

What documentation do you have from the packer or FedEx about the damage? Not just hearsay and "this guy told me" BS. Actual documentation. Does the tracking number denote damage?

I understand your frusturation, but you need to be realistic and understand millions and millions of items flow through the FedEx and UPS networks each year. Their facilities are mostly automated. Giant warehouse-looking places with belt driven- machines that scan and allocate your package to a certain area. This has reduced human handling and reduced damage. Occassionally things happen, screaming "DON'T USE FEDEX" is ignorant. It's like saying, "DON'T BUY A CHEVY" just because you had problems with your vehicle.

If you want a guarantee something will never be damaged in transit: A. Drive it to the destination yourself or B. Hire a private courier service with a serious level of insurance liability. Both are expensive and mostly unrealistic options.
There. I made the title a little more my story and less ignorant. Maybe that will make a few people feel better. The point is I was angry when I typed that. I still am but I get that other people use them and have been fine. I'm just unhappy with something this big getting messed up and FedEx's stance is sorry not our problem... And I stated in my later post that the FedEx driver noted it was damaged. I don't feel I need to post all of the proof on here but if you want a picture of the box when it arrived I have that. They did send someone out there to examine the package from FedEx.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #16
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
There. I made the title a little more my story and less ignorant. Maybe that will make a few people feel better. The point is I was angry when I typed that. I still am but I get that other people use them and have been fine. I'm just unhappy with something this big getting messed up and FedEx's stance is sorry not our problem... And I stated in my later post that the FedEx driver noted it was damaged. I don't feel I need to post all of the proof on here but if you want a picture of the box when it arrived I have that. They did send someone out there to examine the package from FedEx.
Didn't ask you to change your post, I'm actually trying to help you.

Did your driver note the damage on the scan? So, when you got to Fedex.com, track you package, and the tracking detail has a segment that says, "damaged in transit"?

That is the documentation you need.

If you just told you or mentioned it to you, that isn't helpful. If there is actually an updated scan, then you have a case for a claim.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #17
Childs Play

Quote:

Did your driver note the damage on the scan? So, when you got to Fedex.com, track you package, and the tracking detail has a segment that says, "damaged in transit"?

If you just told you or mentioned it to you, that isn't helpful. If there is actually an updated scan, then you have a case for a claim.
Hmm... No there isn't. Should I talk to the driver..? I know that's a far out there idea and I really doubt he'd remember dropping off a specific package and I doubt I'd be able to get ahold of him. But... the guy who took delivery said he noted it. Guess he didn't. Rawr...

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Old 01-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #18
Childs Play

Quote:

Alright. I went ahead and called them to see if that was noted and just didn't show up on the tracking info. It is noted by the driver that the box was crushed.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Alright. I went ahead and called them to see if that was noted and just didn't show up on the tracking info. It is noted by the driver that the box was crushed.
Ok, that's a good start. There is some actual documentation, then, that FedEx is aware of.

Do you know if you, or the packager, selected any type of insurance? Or did they declare any value? If so, this is you're next big hurdle.

The standard, base-rate, minimum liability for non-insurance is typically $100. So, if you submit a claim and it is confirmed, that is what you will get unless there was a declared value or an insurance option.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #20
Childs Play

Quote:
Ok, that's a good start. There is some actual documentation, then, that FedEx is aware of.

Do you know if you, or the packager, selected any type of insurance? Or did they declare any value? If so, this is you're next big hurdle.

The standard, base-rate, minimum liability for non-insurance is typically $100. So, if you submit a claim and it is confirmed, that is what you will get unless there was a declared value or an insurance option.
I declared it a $2500.00 value. I meant to put that in a previous post. It was FedEx ground and from what I understood there isn't technically insurance for Ground shipping but declared value is the next best thing..? Something like that. Also I would have loved to have driven back to Tennessee where I bought the car but... That is a long drive and I had just done the drive to Florida for Christmas... I hate that drive by the way. haha. That bridge over the swamp in Louisiana is a pain when there's a wreck... Shipping seemed like a much easier option at the time.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Old 01-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #21
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Sometimes, John Q. Public has very few tools at his disposal when he's "been done wrong" by a business that has chosen not to make good on their promises. One of the tools that J.Q.Public DOES have, though, is the freedom to share his tale of woe, and to inform others of the way that company operates, treats its customers, and takes care of business. In an effort to be across- the- board fair, I have been known to post just as many "This company went above and beyond" postings as I have "This company sucks donkey danglers."........................................ .................................................. ................While we, the readers on C5, are only getting one side of this story, it sounds legit to me. I'm sure others see it as legit, too, and this may tip the scales for many trying to decide to ship via UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, or whoever. Thus, these companies should recognize the fact that screwing one customer, in order to keep a few bucks, can have long term costs far higher than the initial issue would have cost to simply resolve by compensating you for your loss... whether they agree with the claim or not. I can see them showing resistance when it comes to slam- dunk, obvious cases of fraud... but your case looks legit.... debatable, at the very worst .................................................. ................................................. Businesses that have done me right: Mag- Lite, Zippo, Chevrolet, LG Electronics... each of them has performed work for me that was far and above what I could have expected. Those who have screwed me... or at least tried: Midas, Jiffy Lube, any car dealership in Junction City Kansas, and the California Department of Motor Vehicles. .................................................. ............................... Power to the people: state your experience, let your voice be heard.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #22
AKA-51

Drives: Ellie
fedex is the worst!!!dont use them!!!they always deliver packages when your not home and they do it on purpose especially the ones that have to be signed for...
AKA-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #23
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-51 View Post
fedex is the worst!!!dont use them!!!they always deliver packages when your not home and they do it on purpose especially the ones that have to be signed for...
lol.

No, they do not want to have to bring the package back to the hub. Trust me, they'd rather deliver it.

What is happening is that at the point on the driver's route at which he's in your area, you're not home. They can't keep track of your schedule

What people don't know about FEDEX is that they are not only a franchise operation but FEDEX Express, ground, freight, etc are essentially different companies
Old 01-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #24
Bobaloo
Member "O'l Farts"

Drives: 2012 SS Coupe/Automatic/Sunroof
I won't ship anything by these carriers that can't take a 3 foot drop from the waist. They all hire a minority of people that "just don't give a damn"!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #25
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-51 View Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #26
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
lol.

No, they do not want to have to bring the package back to the hub. Trust me, they'd rather deliver it.

What is happening is that at the point on the driver's route at which he's in your area, you're not home. They can't keep track of your schedule

What people don't know about FEDEX is that they are not only a franchise operation but FEDEX Express, ground, freight, etc are essentially different companies
True, express, ground and freight operate independently, but they are not franchises.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #27
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
True, express, ground and freight operate independently, but they are not franchises.

FEDEX said they were ??
Old 01-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #28
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
FEDEX said they were ??
Ground are independent contractors.