Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #15
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Great post! I am with you...I will NOT call my dealer and ask them where my car is....it will get here when it gets here.
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #16
Marvb549

Drives: 07 Silverado, 1975 LT 350 CID
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Will have picks next Friday. (Need to have stripes added and waiting for the cash from my Brickyard Car Sale!)

May go look at her tonight and start drooling!
That is great news and I am glad to hear you finally got it in. That post was very well said. I could not agree more.

And for the Brickyard, I will predict the future. You will see that on Friday, 22 May!

Good Luck and look forward to some pics!!!!!

2010 Camaro RJT SS/RS M6 #1049(Soon),2009 CrewCab Z71, 2007 Silverado (Trade on 2010), 1998 Brickyard 400 SS Z28 Convertible #3, 86 CJ7 SBC 305, '75 Camaro LT 350CID
New Shopping list: Third Gen IROC-Z and 69RS and will complete my Generations collection!!!!!
Marvb549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #17
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Will have picks next Friday. (Need to have stripes added and waiting for the cash from my Brickyard Car Sale!)

May go look at her tonight and start drooling!

Send a few pics so we can drool to thanks
Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #18
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
I am way too excited. Gosh this was great news this morning.

Darn work gets in the way!
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #19
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Congratulations from the land of Mormons!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #20
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Almost the same experience and attitude I have tried to maintain. Its not easy waiting, but nothing I can do will speed up the process, and this site has been very informative and educational.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #21
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Can't wait to see pics!
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #22
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Well said. I guess us older guys that were around before video games, cell phones, cable TV, the internet, microwave ovens, etc., etc., don't suffer as much from the "instant gratification" syndrome that some of the younger people experience.
Always makes me think of my favorite comic strip I miss so much, "Calvin and Hobbes." Young Calvin is standing in front of the microwave oven reading off the package and ranting, "FOUR MINUTES,,,,, Who's got that kind of time!!!"

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 05-16-2009 at 09:18 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #23
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Well said. I guess us older guys that were around before video games, cell phones, cable TV, the internet, microwave ovens, etc., etc., don't suffer as much from the "instant gratification" syndrome that some of the younger people experience.
Always makes me think of my favorite comic strip I miss so much, "Calvin and Hobbes." Young Calvin is sanding in front of the microwave oven reading off the package and ranting, "FOUR MINUTES,,,,, Who's got that kind of time!!!"
Good point, I for one can relate!
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #24
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Always makes me think of my favorite comic strip I miss so much, "Calvin and Hobbes." Young Calvin is sanding in front of the microwave oven reading off the package and ranting, "FOUR MINUTES,,,,, Who's got that kind of time!!!"
Lessons learned from life, are worth sharing.

We live in an age of "NOW!" Too bad we overlook the realities of the world over which we have no control. Doesn't make them all right. It is part of life with which we have to deal every day.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #25
Jimmy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Camaro
Now thats a class act. Congratulations.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #26
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Explain to me why someone who already has their car is telling others to be patient? Wouldn't this speech have more value coming from someone who doesn't have their car yet?

People's current leases are running out, people who ordered in March are getting their cars faster than people who preordered...don't try to tell people to be patient just because you're finished with the whole process.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #27
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Maybe, just maybe, if we all were a bit more patient.

Understanding of what is going on (i.e. the Pontiac Cars - needing Updates prior to relase) and other issues, we would be more in tune with the process.

The message from my perspective, is that maybe we ought to lay off the crisis buttons and focus on the fact that GM is doing everything they can to get these cars right before they are in our driveways.

With the way it seems that everyone flies off into a tizzy with every perceived crisis, is one reason why they are (at least in my view) trying to get these cars right before they are inour hands.

Whatever value you put on someone's views is your decision. I personally felt motivated to share my view as the process has unfolded for me.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #28
Isshinryu

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS yellow/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Explain to me why someone who already has their car is telling others to be patient? Wouldn't this speech have more value coming from someone who doesn't have their car yet?

People's current leases are running out, people who ordered in March are getting their cars faster than people who preordered...don't try to tell people to be patient just because you're finished with the whole process.
Although I don't like all the GM bashing/flaming because the cars have been held up, I also don't appreciate someone who hasn't known their car has been sitting somewhere for the last two months giving a speech about patience. Congratulations on your car.
Isshinryu is offline   Reply With Quote