Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-07-2014, 06:44 PM   #15
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
I think Dealers are already trying to clear lots, they're offering 6k off MSRP on Camaros here! Of course that's current stock and maybe because the 2015s are coming, but there's nothing different about the 2015s.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #16
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
If you can sell your car more for than the residual value then do that. Then pay the lease company their residual and take the profit and put it down on another car. Otherwise, the lease company will sell it and make even more money on the deal since you will have overpaid on the original projected residual value. Financially speaking, it is not a good idea to buy it when the lease is up since you wind up paying more for the car then if you buy it up front.
Thats what they want. Me to turn in at end and then they sell for another profit.
The buy out at end is $12.8k.
Car is perfect with only 15k miles. Even if i sold or traded in for only $1k it is still better than nothing.i have been offered $16 at dealer with all my mods.

If they give me good deal(as advertised) and decent trade in then im leaning this way.

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:16 AM   #17
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
if you have that kind of equity either trade the car and get the profit now or buy it out for the 12.5 and trade it at a later time.

the only way one should just give a lease back is if they are negative equity. if there is positive equity one should either trade it and use the equity as a down payment or just get your own loan and buy it out and then trade it later.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:23 AM   #18
elektrik

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
So im on the fence on what to do/get when my current LS lease is up next month. I have about $2-$3k of equity in it so either buy out and keep paying off (build more equity), then sell or trade in. Or..... I have been seeing great cts deals. I know its not a camaro but very nice inside and can get a good deal. Then i found a brand new 2014-2SS black on black (with recaros) rear vision, navigation etc... For $33k.
This seems like a great deal, right? They had 14 1ss a few weeks ago for $28k which i thought was good. $33k with Recaros? Going to go down and drive both tomorrow but want the SS to buy. CTS to lease. Hopefully they honor these prices.
If you trade your car, sell me your grilles first :-)
elektrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #19
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
I would wait for the 6th gen...... then go shopping for the remainder 2015's. Dealers will want to clear the lots.
I'm going to laugh when the 6th gen is even more rediculious than the ass end of the reboot. Dealers jack the prices of the remaining 5's because everyone that was "waiting" doesn't want the 6's anymore

Anyways, as others have said - get out of that lease ASAP and buy something, anything!
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #20
DeanCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I wouldnt get a CTS unless it was a V
DeanCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #21
Neuf Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCamaro View Post
I wouldnt get a CTS unless it was a V
I love the V but I wouldn't be considering an SS if I could afford the V. It would be a zl1.

The price they gave at $33k is already including all incentives which I am eligible for most but military. Msrp is $41k is that good/high/low? When negotiating, can I get them to lower the msrp 1st? Get that down and then start subtracting each incentive, down payment, trade etc...
What price do I start negotiating from? Msrp? Is that the starting point? Sorry new to this buying process. Not really new but for once I want to get a good deal instead if just impulse buy.

Any advice/steps would be appreciated.

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #22
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I love the V but I wouldn't be considering an SS if I could afford the V. It would be a zl1.

The price they gave at $33k is already including all incentives which I am eligible for most but military. Msrp is $41k is that good/high/low? When negotiating, can I get them to lower the msrp 1st? Get that down and then start subtracting each incentive, down payment, trade etc...
What price do I start negotiating from? Msrp? Is that the starting point? Sorry new to this buying process. Not really new but for once I want to get a good deal instead if just impulse buy.

$8k off of MSRP is a pretty good deal!

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #23
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
Quote:

In my opinion I think the best way to buy a car via trade-in is to tell them "I want to trade in my car and buy ___ and pay you $XX,XXX after trade"

I think $8k off is outstanding.

If you can buy out the car for $12.5k and they've already offered $16k, just tell them you want to do the following:

1) Buy out the lease on your current car
2) Trade it in on the one they are offering for $33k
3) Pay them $29.5k plus give them your car ($33k plus $12.5k you will owe on the buy-out minus $16k trade in value)
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #24
Neuf Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zogster View Post
In my opinion I think the best way to buy a car via trade-in is to tell them "I want to trade in my car and buy ___ and pay you $XX,XXX after trade"

I think $8k off is outstanding.

If you can buy out the car for $12.5k and they've already offered $16k, just tell them you want to do the following:

1) Buy out the lease on your current car
2) Trade it in on the one they are offering for $33k
3) Pay them $29.5k plus give them your car ($33k plus $12.5k you will owe on the buy-out minus $16k trade in value)

My point is i grt that $8kmis great off msrp but only if you qualify for the inentives etc... Which i do for most. But what if i just walked in and wanted to get the msrp lower? Can i bargain with msrp? Or is that a set amount? Sorry for all the questions. Im just about $1-$2k away from this deal and anything to help me get there.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #25
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Im just about $1-$2k away from this deal and anything to help me get there.
Tell them that is why it will take for you to make a move.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #26
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
My point is i grt that $8kmis great off msrp but only if you qualify for the inentives etc... Which i do for most. But what if i just walked in and wanted to get the msrp lower? Can i bargain with msrp? Or is that a set amount? Sorry for all the questions. Im just about $1-$2k away from this deal and anything to help me get there.
The MSRP is just the manufacturer suggested retail price. It's set by GM so no, it won't change. The goal is to bargain the price down from the MSRP. Look at the MSRP like a starting point and you want to get the price down from there.
Burn Notice24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #27
Neuf Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Notice24 View Post
The MSRP is just the manufacturer suggested retail price. It's set by GM so no, it won't change. The goal is to bargain the price down from the MSRP. Look at the MSRP like a starting point and you want to get the price down from there.
Great! If i can negotiate them down $1k-$2k off the msrp and then get the incentives plus my trade and i will be exactly where i need to be. I hate being this close because i know something will change or that i wasnt adding in.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #28
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Great! If i can negotiate them down $1k-$2k off the msrp and then get the incentives plus my trade and i will be exactly where i need to be. I hate being this close because i know something will change or that i wasnt adding in.
Also, remember if you are trading in you only pay tax on the balance of the car after the trade. So, if the trade is worth 15k and the new car is 32k you only pay tax on 17k. This assumes you buy out the current lease and have a 15k car to trade. This type of transaction would save you around a 1k in tax. Probably not worth it though since to buy out the lease requires additional fees, inspection, etc.

The other option is let's say the residual value on the lease is 13k but the dealer is willing to pay 15k. They typically send a check to the lease company for 13k and give you the 2k balance to use on the new car being purchased. In this case you pay tax on the whole 32k.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote