Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-11-2014, 05:26 PM   #15
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtowndog420 View Post
I finally saw the 1LE in person. It was Red Hot and all I can say this thing is just insane. It just blew me away. Seeing it in photos, it's looks great but I wasn't expecting to be blown out of my socks like I was. I'm not ordering until August because I'm saving up for a down payment. Having seen it in person and being blown away by it, it has me thinking about the attention it will get. Being 37 years old, married with kids, attention isn't something I seek nor want. I just want a bad ass 2 dr car. When I bought the G8 it was almost unbearable so there were times I took my wife's car out instead. Is this something you guys have had to deal with or is it just me?
By a black, gunmetal or dark blue one. It looks so sinister people will not even look at you anymore. The red, yellow and white ones get attention similar to freaking supercars.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #16
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Boy View Post
I don't get any attention in mine. When I find myself next to a possibly attractive woman at a stoplight (who can tell, really, with it being dark out so early) I'll lay on my horn for 10-15 seconds at a time. I also will floor the accelerator while in neutral so she (hopefully it's a "she") will hear my powerful internal combustion aphrodisiac and look over. If she's lucky and deserving of it, I'll do both at the same time. How do I do this if it's on an incline? Hill assist, my friend.
I hope your not serious here.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #17
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
I hope your not serious here.
Stock Boy's Avatar screams rock star, I think he is!

Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #18
Murse

Drives: 2014 1LE (STORMTROOPER)
I get more attention from guys than girls lol its a dude's car. Most women could care less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #19
Smokeymjke

Drives: '13 2SS/RS White 1LE
It's awesome! I'v had girls walk up to my window while my ex was in the car and start asking about it. Usually didn't end well but it's fun!
Smokeymjke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #20
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
I don't get any attention in mine. When I find myself next to a possibly attractive woman at a stoplight (who can tell, really, with it being dark out so early) I'll lay on my horn for 10-15 seconds at a time. I also will floor the accelerator while in neutral so she (hopefully it's a "she") will hear my powerful internal combustion aphrodisiac and look over. If she's lucky and deserving of it, I'll do both at the same time. How do I do this if it's on an incline? Hill assist, my friend.
Lol! Good stuff.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #21
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
I like it, I had a 20 minute chat at a gas station today. Then another chat at a self wash station this afternoon. O enjoy the conversations because you meet people of all walks of life. I get a lot of thumbs up and heads turning when I start it up.

Being it's not a high priced car I don't think there is much negative attention.

I am also always having employees from performance shops either seeing me get out or come and give me a card, or they'll leave them on my windshield.

I do have some mods, but given the wheels, hood wrap, and exhaust people assume you have done a lot of custom stuff.

FYI...I'm 30, and a sales professional. I do have to be careful to not have a flashy car. But in my area bmw's, Lexus's, Audi, and benz's are the norm for sales reps.

If I have customers that will be in the car intake the wife's mercedes c300
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #22
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E View Post
Its just you. IMO. Assuming your not in sales.
It's not him. It's the car. I get a ton of attention in mine. People pull up next to me and give the thumbs up. People at bus stops shout, "nice car!" Even guys in Mercedes at the gas station say, "Wow that car sounds really nice." And most people think I made it look this way and respond in a confounded manner when I tell them, "This is all Chevy. They did it. Not me. I only added the emblems on the hood."
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #23
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
LMAO. That's rich.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #24
Bobaloo
Member "O'l Farts"

Drives: 2012 SS Coupe/Automatic/Sunroof
Most of the attention I get is at a gas station. However once they see I'm a 65 year old fart they smile and go on.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #25
eagle1

Drives: 69rs/ss 2014 ss/rs 1le
I always try and be as polite as possible. I love talking about fast cars. Last month at a stop light this this lady is looking at me and she is giving me the sign to roll my window down. I don't think she could see me because of my tint but i went ahead and rolled the window down. She tells me that i have really hot car and that she would like to go for a ride in it. Now Im thinking, 1st. my wife will cut my balls off if let this lady in my camaro, 2nd. she is a second degree black belt and don't want to deal with that 3rd.If you laid this lady in a plate next a to a herring you couldn't tell them apart! So i said thanks for the complement and as for the ride i told her its so fast that i would scared the bejesus outta her! She gave me the OMG look back!
Semper Fi

69 rs/ss white
2014 ss/rs 1le hot red
eagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:57 PM   #26
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
I always try and be as polite as possible. I love talking about fast cars. Last month at a stop light this this lady is looking at me and she is giving me the sign to roll my window down. I don't think she could see me because of my tint but i went ahead and rolled the window down. She tells me that i have really hot car and that she would like to go for a ride in it. Now Im thinking, 1st. my wife will cut my balls off if let this lady in my camaro, 2nd. she is a second degree black belt and don't want to deal with that 3rd.If you laid this lady in a plate next a to a herring you couldn't tell them apart! So i said thanks for the complement and as for the ride i told her its so fast that i would scared the bejesus outta her! She gave me the OMG look back!
Semper Fi
So, she was pale?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #27
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Hey Brian,hi. I meet with Inland empire Camaro club today,and they have a big interest in running with us at Fontana in May. It looks like this might be a big event.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:39 AM   #28
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Hey Brian,hi. I meet with Inland empire Camaro club today,and they have a big interest in running with us at Fontana in May. It looks like this might be a big event.
Very cool. When can we register?