Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #15
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJacobs41 View Post
That CAI seems like a great addition.
I know exhausts can get kind of expensive... are there any good ones for low prices? how do you install a new exhaust anyway?
For what you want, I would say go with an axleback exhaust. I believe most are around $400. The install is very easy. All you would have to do is cut off the big cans on the back off with a saw and clamp the new ones on. Or, if you want it welded on, you can go to a shop and have then install. Probably another $100 or less.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #16
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc8411 View Post
Get a cold air intake and leave it at that performance wise. Maybe....maybe an axle back. Dont waste money on headers or a tune or any of that other garbage to make your car a tad faster than the other slow v6 guys. Its a v6 accept it for what it is and you will be happier. Far to many people here bought a v6 because it was cheaper just to mod it beyond the cost of an ss and still be slower.

Anywho, for looks, that subjective. I would suggest some drop springs, which I wouldnt do myself, tint...again I wouldnt do my self, maybe switch to Brembos, they look 1,000,000 times better. K.I.S.S. your car will be worth more in the end if you can return it to stock. Just remember that.
Ok, i accept that it's a 312hp car that runs the 1/4 mile in ~14.5 seconds. That is by no means slow. If I should not mod my car to be faster, then tell the v8 guys to stop modding theirs. They will be much happier if they didn't.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Geez, I love how someone wanting an opinion on his/her car just gets blown away with all the other BS commentary..

I debated about 1 min about what do I want, V6 or V8. Figured I'm gonna hang on to this car, so I'll splurge and get the V8 (which is also my daily driver - 35+ miles R/T). No regrets.

But I don't rag on someone else who ONLY has a V6.. Seriously, 312 HP is NOT slow and can keep up with and/or beat some of the other stuff out there. And, it's a Camaro. Nuff said.

Mods: Wish I could afford more (I think it's a sickness and I've got it). Mine are mostly "appearance" vs performance at this point. Started with tint, then a CAI Inc, CAI (did it myself too - so you know it's gotta be easy). Looking for exhaust right now (also looking for cheap, no drone - opinions, please). Appearance mods added were additional Red SS badges on the fenders (to match the front/rear), bowtie vinyl to Red, Ghost Armor Radio Protector, Emblempros Dash Plaque, Showstopper LED Side Mirrors (I'm also on the group buy for their LED Sidemarkers), Lloyd's car mats - a must, just got my Victory Red painted Showstopper brake calipers too, getting them put on Saturday.

Good Luck.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #18
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Thanks Sister - Now lets give this OP some options!

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #19
quinonesfrnk

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
2010 camaro guages

I recently purchased the auxilary guages that go on a 2ss on my 1ss and they don't work. Please HELP.
quinonesfrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #20
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinonesfrnk View Post
I recently purchased the auxilary guages that go on a 2ss on my 1ss and they don't work. Please HELP.
Did you get the wiring harness with them?
E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #21
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinonesfrnk View Post
In risk of highjacking this thread....

I'm guessing your talking about the 4 pack gauges? If you buy the correct one (there are 4 of them) through GMPP they have all the necessary harnesses to install on a 1SS or 1LT/LS car. If you bought the wrong one, or you just bought one that is a replacement part for a 2SS or 2LT, then that will not work....you need the additional harness. Hope this helps.

To the OP...depending on which exhaust setup you go with, most exhausts on the cheaper side (and that still sound good) will run you around 4 to 6 hundred dollars. (4 or 5 if you can install yourself...or maybe another additional 100 for a shop to do it)
Old 10-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #22
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Bro there has to be sooo many mods. Your going to love your car the more you work on it. Cai would be a very good choice for first mod. Very easy install for a newbie. Mufflers are also pretty easy install. Check the sites on v6 exhaust can't loose. Check out Barton short throws. Also auto shifters very easy install. Nothing better than doing stuff your self.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #23
TJacobs41

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Bro there has to be sooo many mods. Your going to love your car the more you work on it. Cai would be a very good choice for first mod. Very easy install for a newbie. Mufflers are also pretty easy install. Check the sites on v6 exhaust can't loose. Check out Barton short throws. Also auto shifters very easy install. Nothing better than doing stuff your self.
im leaning towards a CAI. Which one would you recommend for me? I saw the instruction manual for the Injen one and I saw that you have to replace the washer tank and I'm not quite sure if I want to do that.
TJacobs41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #24
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
im leaning towards a CAI. Which one would you recommend for me? I saw the instruction manual for the Injen one and I saw that you have to replace the washer tank and I'm not quite sure if I want to do that.
it comes with a new one. it is more "work" to install, but it has proven to be one of the better intakes, if not the best. If you don't want to go that route, then the CAI inc intake is good, so i hear.nothing to replace with that one.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #25
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Injen 100%

Not as hard as it looks to install. I did mine without removing the wheel as recommended. It took 1 hour with hand tools and taking my time to ensure everything was done perfectly.
1971 Monte Carlo
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #26
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
I compare my car with other V6 cars, most of my friends have V6, or similar to equal power cars as the Camaro V6. STI, EVOX, GTI, 350z, 370z, Mustang GT (older gen), BMW 3series. It's all fun here.
+1 Same here most of my friends had v6 and that's what I planned to get.
Anyways OP start with injen for performance mods and get and exhaust to go with it and the rest will be history cause youre going to get hooked and will be left wanting more! hahaha

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #27
usmc8411
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
Geez, I love how someone wanting an opinion on his/her car just gets blown away with all the other BS commentary..

I debated about 1 min about what do I want, V6 or V8. Figured I'm gonna hang on to this car, so I'll splurge and get the V8 (which is also my daily driver - 35+ miles R/T). No regrets.

But I don't rag on someone else who ONLY has a V6.. Seriously, 312 HP is NOT slow and can keep up with and/or beat some of the other stuff out there. And, it's a Camaro. Nuff said.

Mods: Wish I could afford more (I think it's a sickness and I've got it). Mine are mostly "appearance" vs performance at this point. Started with tint, then a CAI Inc, CAI (did it myself too - so you know it's gotta be easy). Looking for exhaust right now (also looking for cheap, no drone - opinions, please). Appearance mods added were additional Red SS badges on the fenders (to match the front/rear), bowtie vinyl to Red, Ghost Armor Radio Protector, Emblempros Dash Plaque, Showstopper LED Side Mirrors (I'm also on the group buy for their LED Sidemarkers), Lloyd's car mats - a must, just got my Victory Red painted Showstopper brake calipers too, getting them put on Saturday.

Good Luck.

Um...its the v6 guys that got thier panties in a bunch when I advised the guy on what I would do. I never attacked him. Maybe they have buyers remorse.

312hp is not slow....its not fast either. Its a power rating. LOL. "312" may be fast in a smaller car...but in a 3800lb car its not. 14s are slow and you will get walked by Maximas. Its just the way it is. I told him I would get a CAI and an axle back and stick to appearance mods.....why you guys take offense to that is beyond me.
usmc8411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #28
Rob77

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Don't feed the trolls.
Rob77 is offline   Reply With Quote