Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 12-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #15
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhormilla View Post
So you are saying that we are lying?

Did I say you were lying? I don't remember saying anything close to that. You announced weight. I explained what I saw come off the car. Nothing more, nothing less. Why does everyone get so butt hurt when something is addressed?:(
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #16
jhormilla

Drives: 2005 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
So what, if it was me i take the back seat out too, Bring what you got and only have 3 gal of gas in the car on a run.

Hay nice work guys it look like the rear is still bouncing on start and sift, you may pic up some time in the 60 ft if you get it to plant more.

Absolutely, I'm stating what was taken off and listing it so there is no misunderstanding. There is more in it, when the drag pack goes in it should inprove the 60'
Thanks for the props.

Julio
jhormilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #17
jhormilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Did I say you were lying? I don't remember saying anything close to that. You announced weight. I explained what I saw come off the car. Nothing more, nothing less. Why does everyone get so butt hurt when something is addressed?:(

Quote:
If they take the time to do that what else is done that isn't visible.

No you are not saying it but you seem to be implying it.

Quote:
I've seen this car at the track. They get there and take the entire exhaust off.
No we don't take the entire eshaust off, that would be an open header car.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #18
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=jhormilla;4167182]No you are not saying it but you seem to be implying it.]

That would be my bad then. I guess there is no good way to phrase it without seeming like a dick. I just saw someone asked the weight. Which was stated but you know the next question was gonna be " how is it do light?" Its all good. Very very impressive to say the least.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #19
jhormilla

[QUOTE=Supercharged SS;4167237]
Quote:
No you are not saying it but you seem to be implying it.]

That would be my bad then. I guess there is no good way to phrase it without seeming like a dick. I just saw someone asked the weight. Which was stated but you know the next question was gonna be " how is it do light?" Its all good. Very very impressive to say the least.

No problem, I laid all the cards on the table. This is the way most record breaking runs are done, you have to take the weight out since the rest of the guys on the list probably did the same. Heck, even if we added 200# to this car it would still run 11.0s and it would still be the #1 spot on the fastest list. From here on it's gravy and it still needs a drag suspension to get it to 60' better.

Julio
Old 12-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #20
LS1LT1

Drives: Camaro Z28 / Corvette
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I think the only weight reduction on this car is the aftermarket wheels, a racing seat and muffler removal.
That's what I had observed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I think it is a customers daily driven car.
It is, I'd talked to the (very pleased) owner at the track a little bit about the car and he does drive it to work nearly every day.

Quote:
Heck, even if we added 200# to this car it would still run 11.0s and it would still be the #1 spot on the fastest list.
Good point.
LS1LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:41 AM   #21
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
I've seen this car at the track. They get there and take the entire exhaust off. They also have no seats besides the racing drivers seat. If they take the time to do that what else is done that isn't visible. This car had no blower and is a stick so no extra 200 lbs.
I was just replying to GMRULZ in respect to his car...which is an auto and is supercharged.

He was comparing details of his car and his his times to the OPS times etc.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #22
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1LT1 View Post
That's what I had observed as well.

It is, I'd talked to the (very pleased) owner at the track a little bit about the car and he does drive it to work nearly every day.

Good point.
Yeah...these guys have me pumped for sure. I have almost all my parts already for my H/C swap this winter. Got everything I need except for the heads and cam lol. Even got an electric water pump, a fast 102 and a nick Williams 102 TB. Just waiting to make damn sure of my H/C set up. I want it to run good. I took the time with my 98 and it paid off.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #23
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Very nice fellas!
Any Tranny work been done to the car? Sounds like it from the video so has me curious
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #24
DragonR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
[QUOTE=Supercharged SS;4167237]
Quote:
No you are not saying it but you seem to be implying it.]

Hey bud I saw your car at the track to very impressive what's your wieght . If we are talking wieght why don't you list your wieght in your cars bio
DragonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #25
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=jhormilla;4167296]
Quote:

No problem, I laid all the cards on the table. This is the way most record breaking runs are done, you have to take the weight out since the rest of the guys on the list probably did the same. Heck, even if we added 200# to this car it would still run 11.0s and it would still be the #1 spot on the fastest list. From here on it's gravy and it still needs a drag suspension to get it to 60' better.

Julio
I think I'll have to start lightening my car as well. I weigh in at 4170#. It's more fun to race the car the way I drive it on the street. Except for a tire swap!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #26
vegas81

Drives: Chevy
[QUOTE=Supercharged SS;4171319]
Quote:

I think I'll have to start lightening my car as well. I weigh in at 4170#. It's more fun to race the car the way I drive it on the street. Except for a tire swap!
That's interesting that you say that, I saw your car at atco, it got trailered in, ur seats were missing and looked like your bumber supports were missing and weighing in at that much is hard with bogarts and skinnys... You should weigh in alot less then 4170...
vegas81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #27
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=vegas81;4171366]
Quote:

That's interesting that you say that, I saw your car at atco, it got trailered in, ur seats were missing and looked like your bumber supports were missing and weighing in at that much is hard with bogarts and skinnys... You should weigh in alot less then 4170...

That's a shame that your vision is going at such a young age. Didn't your mother feed you any carrots? First, I never left the car so I know that no one even looked in it and I don't even know what a "bumber" support. And the fact that you could see through the "bumper" covers is amazing!! Unfortunatley for you there are over a 100 people that have seen my car race and it races the way it drives on the street. I give you an C for effort here my little troll.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #28
vegas81

Drives: Chevy
I don't know why it said quoted by jhormila but I was quoting superchargedss
vegas81 is offline   Reply With Quote