Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #15
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Best mod you can do on this car is lowering it and adding sway bars. This does two things.

1) It makes your car look so much better with the lowered stance.
2)Your car will handle SOOOO much better.

This mod is easily the best for the money. I always recommend people do suspension first for this reason.

If I were starting over with what I know now I'd have done:
1. Suspension
2. Exhaust
3. CAI
4. Headers
5. Brakes (up to the SS Brembos)
Old 06-20-2011, 01:04 AM   #16
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Best mod you can do on this car is lowering it and adding sway bars. This does two things.

1) It makes your car look so much better with the lowered stance.
2)Your car will handle SOOOO much better.

This mod is easily the best for the money. I always recommend people do suspension first for this reason.

If I were starting over with what I know now I'd have done:
1. Suspension
2. Exhaust
3. CAI
4. Headers
5. Brakes (up to the SS Brembos)
I'll buy this one. That is the first real mod I did to mine. Not sure if I count the stripes because that actually was the 1st mod and it did drastically change the look of the car. I bought a set of Eibach lowering springs 220.00 or thereabouts and it really, really improved the looks of the car.

If you're looking for performance, go intake. If I was in your shoes looking at intakes, Id do the Vararam. I have a CAI Inc intake that I really do like. It looks way cool gives the car a throatier sound and improved the top end quite a bit and smoothed it out as well. However 14.9 HP gain over stock for the CAI vs. 30 HP gain over stock for the Vararam for about the same price.

If you're going exhaust, at least give the SOLO Mach LLT full catback exhaust a long look. You will shave off some meaningful lbs, the sound is simply unreal and it will give you a set of the baddest exhaust tips you can get - 4 1/2 inches. For the money, you can't beat it.

Anyway, enjoy your car bro and good luck with whatever you decide.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:50 AM   #17
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
K&N Air Charger and FlowMaster Axle Back
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #18
carls2010

Drives: 2006 Corvette
OOLIE,,, Ask a good question,,, has anyone went from the injen to vararam,, and if so ,, does the vararam that much better ??? real world results are goood,, as to whats advertised....--I contacted vararam,, and they emailed me that sometime after the 1st of [june] must of meant july ?,,, that it may ! be avalible,, boo hoo , i want it now, or jump the gun and get injen
carls2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #19
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
Suspention first!
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #20
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Our intake will give you better performance, sound and appearance under the hood. We have "tuned" our V6 intake to the stock calibration so you can enjoy the benefits of having a CAI system without worry of setting codes. Our system installs easily without modifying or removing anything (except the stock intake itself) and will not only perform well, but give your car a great sound under acceleration. Here is a link to a sound clip and some information about our intake system.
We offer personalized customer service both before and after the sale, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

http://roto-fab.com/Camaro_V6.html

We offer a variety of options inlcuding oil or dry filter, air box and hose colors and a carbon fiber finish on the inlet elbow.

Also, any order of $100 or more will receive a Roto-fab T-shirt with our new logo. This applies to orders from our dealers as well!

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #21
carls2010

So GUY'S, roto fab posted,, and, says,, they have the better cai ??? --Any comments or anyone using thiers ???? ---- Wouldnt they be about the same as all the others,out there,,,---[ except for vararam, or injen].--- like to see real per # on all three of these.- As this is going to be my first mod, and want the best avalible for perf, and sound ??
Old 06-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #22
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
An intake is usually the first performance mod. A peformance mod to us is usually the most important. You feel it everytime you drive. Some suspension mods are nice to, especially if you have some curves in your daily commute you can enjoy.

First performance mod is usually just and intake, we sell Roto-Fab and CAI intakes. Both are top notch intakes and won't disappoint. If you choose either of these you'll be happy later.

First suspension mods vary, depends what you're looking to get out of it. Lowering springs are nice, they help the appearance as well. Nothing like the look of a lowered car.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #23
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
All of the cold air intakes work well. However, with the exception of the Vararam (which has not run a 1/4 mile yet for testing) the INJEN has proven time and time again to be the best for performance.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #24
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carls2010 View Post
WITH MY MONEY SITUATION i can only afford maybe one mod this summer, -yuk,, Im stuck on a new upper grill complete or insert,, ?? or a cold air intake,- injen ?? - Was on the sight gm parts direct and wonder how they can sell the herratage grill 92208704 for 214 shiped ?? -Do you think its legit ?? and also stuck on if i want to go with street scene or carrige works grill's??- Want to keep it a black grill.--------ANT SUGGESTIONS will be great as a new 2010 R.S.,, owner

@carls2010. I see you sent me a message. Unfortunately at the moment I am still on a no communication ban, so I cannot reply to your questions. So I will do my best here.

You can either wait to see how well the vararam performs or go with another brand. You have to decide are you looking for one the performs well, or the best, Do you want to see the filer under the hood that makes it look cool OR can you be satisfies with one that has shown some of the best numbers for performance but takes a little longer for install.

No issues with water as long as you don't drive thru a 1 - 2 foot puddle.

Sound creates a deeper growl. But since I have the MRT 2.0's I here the exhaust mostly.

No problems on the questions. Hope I helped a little more.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #25
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
for the money Injen long tube and MRT 1 or 2 are the best bang for the buck. Injen will give you a boost in the HP and MRT will make it sound the way it feels to drive it. pick one to do now and the other when you get the money, you can't go wrong with either!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #26
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
For looks go with the cosmetic change.

For sound go with MRT.V2 axle back exhaust.

For HP go with the INJEN or the new Vararam.

This page should help you see some ideas.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77861

I would definitely listen to rtcat600man.

Personally, I would lean towards getting a CAI before anything else.

A CAI will give you a slightly more aggressive sound (definitely more inside the cabin), and a good performance increase. Some people who have commented have recommended either the Injen Powerflo CAI or the Vararam CAI. The Injen has been tested; but, the Vararam is new and we haven't seen any independent numbers on it yet.

Most of the CAI's recommended on this forum will give you performance increases inside of a few horsepower from each other. It all depends on how easy you want the installation to be and what kind of look you want in your engine bay. I'd say the Roto-Fab is a good choice, aesthetically, along with the Cold Air Inductions Inc. CAI, the Injen Short-Ram, and a few others.

As far as your question/comment about headers, the only way you're going to see significant gains from headers is to go with long-tubes with high-flow cats or a cat-delete (which is not a legal option here in California, so...). Shorty headers alone won't do much for you. I don't remember seeing any low-cost options for long-tubes; so, an intake is still probably your best all-around first mod.

You might be able to stretch your budget a bit if you look for combo deals, group buys or introductory pricing from some of the sponsors on Camaro5. I know I got a great deal on my shorty headers and cat-back exhaust.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:18 AM   #27
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenti View Post
I would definitely listen to rtcat600man.

Personally, I would lean towards getting a CAI before anything else.

A CAI will give you a slightly more aggressive sound (definitely more inside the cabin), and a good performance increase. Some people who have commented have recommended either the Injen Powerflo CAI or the Vararam CAI. The Injen has been tested; but, the Vararam is new and we haven't seen any independent numbers on it yet.

Most of the CAI's recommended on this forum will give you performance increases inside of a few horsepower from each other. It all depends on how easy you want the installation to be and what kind of look you want in your engine bay. I'd say the Roto-Fab is a good choice, aesthetically, along with the Cold Air Inductions Inc. CAI, the Injen Short-Ram, and a few others.

As far as your question/comment about headers, the only way you're going to see significant gains from headers is to go with long-tubes with high-flow cats or a cat-delete (which is not a legal option here in California, so...). Shorty headers alone won't do much for you. I don't remember seeing any low-cost options for long-tubes; so, an intake is still probably your best all-around first mod.

You might be able to stretch your budget a bit if you look for combo deals, group buys or introductory pricing from some of the sponsors on Camaro5. I know I got a great deal on my shorty headers and cat-back exhaust.
The OBX LT are 350 but it comes as cat delete I love my set up.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #28
carls2010

ORDERE THE INJEN, ALONG with the water shield.-Wasnt going to wait on vararam, or price, or perf #. any longer.-- Most likely they will be close in perf, but vararam would of look nice