Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #15
ModernMuscle

Drives: Dodge Magnum SRT8 S/C
I guess you cant win for anything with you guys, If we posted our own dyno you would say it was suspect. So then we let to other respected shops do there own test and you say the same thing? As with any other bolt on mod every little bit helps Ported TBs fall in the same category as CAI's and catbacks, 10hp here hp there adds up.
ModernMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #16
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernMuscle View Post
I guess you cant win for anything with you guys, If we posted our own dyno you would say it was suspect. So then we let to other respected shops do there own test and you say the same thing? As with any other bolt on mod every little bit helps Ported TBs fall in the same category as CAI's and catbacks, 10hp here hp there adds up.
Exactly. 10 HP is believable and is what most people go with. Not 25.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8cerX View Post
Just wanted to give out some great news. I base lined my Magnacharged 10 Camaro SS, then installed a Modern Muscle (Va.) ported throttle body. The gains speak for themselves...just check out the graph below. The throttle response is sooooo much better/quicker than with the stock throttle body.

Just so everyone knows, we did NO tuning before or after the install. We tried to keep everything the same temp wise. The car baselined a little lower than the last time it was on the dyno, which doesn't really matter as far as what the gains from the TB were. The highest number the car ever made was 595rwhp with everything optimized...perfect weather, car cooled down completely, etc, etc.

Due to time constraints, we put the car on the dyno "hot" made a pull for the base line, swapped the TB (3 minutes) and made another couple of pulls.

According to the OP you guys waited about 3 minutes between pulls but the data on your graph show nearly 50 minutes.....
Old 02-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #18
David Weber

Drives: Walk to work
We did not do the test but I would guess Frank may have made pulls at 3 minute intervals for each level of change. I don't think he meant he changed the TB in 3 minutes and made another pull. Maybe he will chime in tomorrow and verify.
David Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #19
ModernMuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
According to the OP you guys waited about 3 minutes between pulls but the data on your graph show nearly 50 minutes.....
Due to time constraints, we put the car on the dyno "hot" made a pull for the base line, swapped the TB (3 minutes) and made another couple of pulls.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #20
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Right. And according to the dyno sheet you cooled the car for almost an hour. There's most of your gain right there. Accurate tests are not done under time constraints. You compromise accuracy that way. Send one of your ported tb's to another shop for them to test. If it makes 25, heck even 20 rwhp, you'll be on top of the world.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #21
David Weber

Quote:
It is hard to read for me but it looks like
10:19 to 11:03

I will ask Frank to clarify tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #22
ModernMuscle

Quote:
Right. And according to the dyno sheet you cooled the car for almost an hour. There's most of your gain right there. Accurate tests are not done under time constraints. You compromise accuracy that way. Send one of your ported tb's to another shop for them to test. If it makes 25, heck even 20 rwhp, you'll be on top of the world.
Its not me and that is not our dyno I am only going by what another customer is telling us.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #23
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Weber View Post
It is hard to read for me but it looks like
10:19 to 11:03

I will ask Frank to clarify tomorrow.
10:19 to 11:03 or 11:08. So in what math is that 3 minutes? The car had time to cool down. Be it 44 minutes or 49.

Where is pull 25? Or pull 27? That one would be closer to the hot pull.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #24
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Its not me and that is not our dyno I am only going by what another customer is telling us.
Oh ok. That I didn't realize. You guys just port the tb's. Any other data of the ported tb on a gen v car?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #25
David Weber

Quote:
Oh ok. That I didn't realize. You guys just port the tb's.

All we ask is give the product a chance. We do not misrepresent or alter data just posting what we get back. I expect we will be getting more feedback soon. BS only goes so far and does not make for a lasting relationship with customers. I know there is a crowd that believe bigger is better and that is everywhere GM Mopar etc. Lets just see how the results keep coming back on the product and go from there.

Thanks Dave

Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #26
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Weber View Post
All we ask is give the product a chance. We do not misrepresent or alter data just posting what we get back. I expect we will be getting more feedback soon. BS only goes so far and does not make for a lasting relationship with customers. I know there is a crowd that believe bigger is better and that is everywhere GM Mopar etc. Lets just see how the results keep coming back on the product and go from there.

Thanks Dave
No problem. Just realize that when you release a similar product that more than doubles results some questions will arise. We know this isn't MM claiming these numbers. Just a customer. I'm sure he'll be able to clear things up with a few answers.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #27
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
My issue isnt with the back to back being done, its with the tune being ****ed, and the car showing severe, and obvious knock retard on both runs.

Who tuned the car?
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #28
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Now the light bulb has been pulled on and we can see the full picture. I think every one knows that a PD supercharger will heat soak so if they pulled the car up on the dyno full hot and heat soaked did a pull and got a baseline but then waited almost 50min to do the ported TB pull then yeah there is most of the gain right there. If the ported TB truely does make that much power with a PD supercharger than poeple are really wasting alot of money on a 102mm setup.

Tags
ported throttle body, supercharged camaro