Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #15
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
Spherical Ball End links make noise. Even the teflon coated ones will eventually make noise. You can help by keeping them clean and lubing them occasionally but then the lube attracts dirt. Bottom line Spherical ball end links will at some point make noise.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #16
RAYSRT8

Drives: 2011 Challenger SRT8 6.4L 392 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsls3 View Post
I got on the phone with BMR they are looking into my issue.

What was the outcome?

Camaro parts for sale: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152474
RAYSRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #17
RAYSRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
If anyone has issues with their BMR links and can not seem to find a long term solution,please let me know. I may have an offer that will make you happy.

BMR is replacing them, so that would be my first course of action if i were a customer. My offer is to someone that has had theirs replaced and still has issues.

I appreciate that.. If my new ones do not work out I will see if BMR will take them back and get with you for something else.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #18
RAYSRT8

I am not sure why none of the BMR reps have not chimed in... I will say everytime I call them they are or try to be very helpful and courteous...

Old 03-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #19
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Well I talked to Kyle at BMR and he was to get back to me. I left work and left him my work number.

Here is what I done when I got home.

Their is to much play in the Spherical end link it is way to loose in the joint and it causes the rattle sound. Even moving by hand you can here the clunking sound. No its not from a loose bolt as all are torqued to spec. I took my OEM end links and put them on and the noise went away. No rattles, no clunking sound. Nothign else was removed just the end links.

I took electrical tape and made a some what home made bushing. Guess what the sound went about 90% away. So my next setp is to contact BMR with my findings. Also I am going to run to home depot and find a decent rubber type bushing to fit in their to solve it.

I was about to run my laptop and put a web cam under the car on a long USB cable. Than make a movie showing them move and rattle over bumps.

Yes I am shocked no BMR rep has chimed in. I even sent BMR a link to this posting. I wont go with the pedder's one (sorry not being rude or knocking pedders) but they look to cheap and thin for the price.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #20
robsls3
Account Suspended

I know they with stand the punishment. I had GTO was decked out in pedders equipment.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #21
robsls3
Account Suspended

No clue I was working all weekend. So no green beer for me this year.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #22
robsls3
Account Suspended

Here is what I am doing.

I getting a few rubber grommets and bushings to test this out.

If I can stop the loose movement I hope to stop the sound. Putting the bushing or grommets where the arrows are. This way the grommet is between the head of the link and the sway or body of car.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #23
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Sorry it took so long to see this post, I have been focused on other projects the last few days. As was already mentioned above, if you have the gold colored rod ends they are the ones with issues. We have attempted to contact everyone about them but many were sold through distributors so we have not been sucessful at reaching all of the customers who purchased them. If you have our end links and the rod ends are gold colored please contact us for a replacement.

If you have the silver colored rod ends, you are good. That being said, please take note that the rod ends are indexed correctly if you are chasing a noise. As with any spherical joint, OE type tie rods included, there is an angularity limitation to the joint. Since the factory front end links have the top joint (rod end) rotated 90 degrees perpendicular to the bottom joint, it is important that our end links (or anybodys for that matter) are installed the same way. If the rod ends are not adjusted this way, it will limit the angularity potential of the joint and create bind as the suspension travels through its range of motion. Not only is this damaging to the joint but it will make noise anytime the joint "bottoms out". Below is the correct orientation.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #24
RAYSRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR guy View Post
Sorry it took so long to see this post, I have been focused on other projects the last few days. As was already mentioned above, if you have the gold colored rod ends they are the ones with issues. We have attempted to contact everyone about them but many were sold through distributors so we have not been sucessful at reaching all of the customers who purchased them. If you have our end links and the rod ends are gold colored please contact us for a replacement.

If you have the silver colored rod ends, you are good. That being said, please take note that the rod ends are indexed correctly if you are chasing a noise. As with any spherical joint, OE type tie rods included, there is an angularity limitation to the joint. Since the factory front end links have the top joint (rod end) rotated 90 degrees perpendicular to the bottom joint, it is important that our end links (or anybodys for that matter) are installed the same way. If the rod ends are not adjusted this way, it will limit the angularity potential of the joint and create bind as the suspension travels through its range of motion. Not only is this damaging to the joint but it will make noise anytime the joint "bottoms out". Below is the correct orientation.
Once i get the silver ones will BMR take them back if they still make noise? I have been told that Pedders and Spohn does not make noise.

Thanks,

Ray

Old 03-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #25
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2SS View Post
I am not sure why none of the BMR reps have not chimed in... I will say everytime I call them they are or try to be very helpful and courteous...
Sorry that we haven't replied yet. This is the beginning of our busy season and we are having a record year so far (BTW- Thanks to everyone for their orders!!!).

We are also getting ready for the NMCA race this weekend, so that is taking a lot of time away from the Sales and Tech staff. We are also rebuilding our LS3 engine from the BMR 2010 Camaro mule car. In case you haven't heard, we blew up the motor while testing on the road course at Gainesville Raceway.

I just wanted to apologize to everyone for the slow response and let you know that we plan on supporting the Camaro5 forum for a long time to come.
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #26
robsls3
Account Suspended

LOL since 1 hardware kit was missing I only have my rears on. I cant tell if my fronts make noise yet. I do I have them tight and same length as my stock rears.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #27
RAYSRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2SS View Post
Once i get the silver ones will BMR take them back if they still make noise? I have been told that Pedders and Spohn does not make noise.

Thanks,

Ray
BMR Guy - I would like an answer on this please.

Thx

Old 03-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #28
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
BMR offers a 2-year warranty on all products (lifetime warranty on springs). If the new end links make noise, we will refund you the full purchase price.

The new end links do not make any noise on the BMR mule car. I guarantee that you do not push your car as hard as we push the BMR car.

The new design uses the exact same rod ends as Spohn (QA1 XM series chrome-moly rod ends). Why did you think that the new design was going to be noisy?
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote