Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #15
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Considering one wasn't paying attention and almost hit me while in the crosswalk on my morning run I'll say yes...... Although this guy eventually did see me and stopped, the female driver who DID hit me when she ran a stop sign never did. Doesn't matter most people can't drive for s*** male or female.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #16
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodj View Post
It's not that I'm aggressive, it's all those people talking on their cell phones, texting, and putting on makeup that I'm trying to avoid.

And what's up with some people that pull up behind someone at a red light and leave 2 car lengths between them and the guy in front of them? Can anyone actuall explain this phenomenon?
I don't leave that much space, however I was re-reading the drivers test here in Washington State recently, and it claimed that you should be able to see the entire tire of the car in front of you when stopping. That -never- happens for me.

The test also claimed that you should not pull into an intersection when awating turning left in a left turn lane. I was taught to pull half a carlength into the intersection. Apparently, if you pull into an intersection, you could block emergency vehicles, so this is why you shouldn't.

Weird how some laws or things I was taught have changed...
Old 04-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #17
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
This is past the point of being funny now and getting annoying. The men are making a joke out of this, half the women are actually being offended by the statements...

Now.. I will provide you all with factual evidence.

....a woman immediately becomes the best driver on the planet if she wears heels while driving. Unless she has busted feet, then she is back to square one again

FACT: we ALL suck.
Yes, getting offended.... Don't generalize, please... It is possible to be a good, safe driver, and skilled in the handling of your vehicle - whether you're male or female doesn't matter - there are good and bad in both genders.

Thanks for reminding me, Brantley - I need to send you a pic of a shoe with a foot in it!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #18
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I don't leave that much space, however I was re-reading the drivers test here in Washington State recently, and it claimed that you should be able to see the entire tire of the car in front of you when stopping. That -never- happens for me.
Well I doubt that it is just happening where I live. These people are literally leaving at least 2 car lengths between them and the car in front of them. You could parallel park between them.

People are also getting into a nasty habit of pulling out in front of you more often. I think they are going on the theory that if they get their car in front of you and you slam into their rear you are at fault. I may very well be at fault, but if I'm slamming into the rear of your car at better than 60 mph you're not going to feel too good.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #19
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
Got a buddy who drives real aggressive, doesn't use blinkers, etc. He ended up getting his hood keyed and while it was sad the first thought that popped up in my mind was "who'd he piss off on the way in?"

I can also attest to the fact that there are times when I just assume my car will fit in a space or that I won't bump into something. Was in a different buddy's driveway and backing out in between vehicles I didn't realize I was maybe a few inches from making contact with the other vehicles or something near the driveway I hadn't even noticed.

Or when in my parking garage and maneuvering around the concrete poles. I think I may be able to fit, but I don't know for sure and I'll be darned if I am going to get out of the car and look to see how much clearance I actually have.

Each gender has a propensity to do stupid things, it's just that because of the different nature of the stupid things, we have different stereotypes and get in different kinds of accidents. Neither gender has carte blanche on examples of bad or good driving.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #20
RockyTop

Drives: 2000 Camry
my roommate (male) sucks at driving. he is completely reckless and thinks hes a "bad***"... he does drive a girly sportstrac though. all the female drivers in my life are good drivers except when my mom switches from car to suv yikes!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #21
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
This is past the point of being funny now and getting annoying. The men are making a joke out of this, half the women are actually being offended by the statements...

FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ONLY WITH MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS! not facts or statistics....

Women from a technical SKILL stand point aren't as fluid or smooth at operating a motor vehicle like the men I know.
With that said....men are far more aggressive and DANGEROUS.
If a woman is on her cell or doing make up while operating a vehicle, is she a bad driver? No..she is just an idiot
That is not a direct correlation to skill...I don't care what anyone says. Speaking in skill terms only.

The DHSMV considers you a safe driver for being careful, that doesn't make you GOOD. The statements that men are involved in more deadly crashes than woman are absolute bull when it is proven in many of those crashes the men aren't wearing seatbelts. Not bad drivers....idiots. A 35 mph crash can kill you...

You take a seat belt off a formula 1 driver...he is now a bad driver? If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it does it make a sound?

I would rather ride with a woman than most of my male friends because while they may not be as "skilled" they are less concerned with pushing their car to the limits.............
Otherwise, 100% of the time I want to drive BY MYSELF with none of you lol

Now.. I will provide you all with factual evidence.

....a woman immediately becomes the best driver on the planet if she wears heels while driving. Unless she has busted feet, then she is back to square one again

FACT: we ALL suck.

Yeah, what he said.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #22
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

The test also claimed that you should not pull into an intersection when awating turning left in a left turn lane. I was taught to pull half a carlength into the intersection. Apparently, if you pull into an intersection, you could block emergency vehicles, so this is why you shouldn't.

Weird how some laws or things I was taught have changed...
In my SUV, being able to see the tires in front of me leaves about half a car length. In the Camaro, that extends to about a car length. I don't follow the rule in the SUV, but do in the Camaro - don't want some idiot rolling back into me or another idiot rear-ending me into the vehicle in front. More cautious in my baby, probably because I was rear-ended...

Getting into the intersection? Well, it depends on the intersection, I suppose... If I know that the lights are timed so that I'll never get to turn if I don't nose into the intersection, then yeah - get out there!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #23
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
did we not already have this discussion in the other thread?? and brantly, I agree with you !! except for the high heels... I dont wear heels....

its been already stated.. men and women can both be bad drivers....
Old 04-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #24
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Okay, there has been some "discussion" of women drivers on here.

Now let's see how bad the men are.

I will start out with a couple of my own experiences. When I was a mechanic, one of my Service Managers wanted me to go for a road test with him. By the time we had gone 100 yards, he had cut off 3 people and had 2 near hits! I yelled at him to pull the car over quick and when he did, I opened the door, got out and walked back to the shop!

The second is a fellow Supervisor. Whenever we went for lunch meetings, it was a mad grab for the keys for the truck. You were always taking your life in your hands when you let him drive. (Running red lights, jumping lights, cutting people off...you name it!)

A lot of men figure they can drive because they are "men".

All I can say is

HEY YA"LL WATCH THIS

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
Old 04-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #25
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66olds442 View Post

Anyone not knowing the limits of their vehicle will end up doing something stupid when trying to show off. A guy is more likely to do something stupid while showing off. While 90% of women drive like they just had a lobotomy.
Your mom.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #26
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
Your mom.
lol she is a woman

it is written......
Old 04-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #27
CamaroFemme