Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #15
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
That they do! I have seen many and all different colors! I just didn't want to take away the sleek look of solid black, but I guess it's not going too bold with spears! I saw on PFYC.com they are on national back order of the interior trim kits, is there somewhere else I can go for those?
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #16
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
I have sooo many things in mind of what I want to do to her, but only cosmetic now! I don't want to void the warranty by doing anything else at this point!!
Just to be an utter temptress here: there are performance mods you can do that won't void your warranty, you know*. A cold air intake = 14 horsepower, increased torque, better sound.

*preferably check with your dealer, of course.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #17
Brunoz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
WELCOME!!
Brunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #18
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Hmmm!! That's tempting!! I have been wanting to do that, but wasn't sure if it would void or not!! I haven't looked too much into it!! I will now!! Thanks!! What would you recommend?? I have seen so many different CAI's on here I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'm a complete newbie here!! Totally DUH with all this, but I want to learn!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #19
gtwss
Time To Hammer Down

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 02 Monte Carlo SS
Welcome, and congrats on the new ride ENJOY

2SS, CGM, M6, Polished Wheels
6000 8/13/09
gtwss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #20
Viper595
Redline drop, or go home

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Thanks everyone!! I'm excited to be a part of this!! After reading all these forums and seeing everyone's enthusiasm towards their cars, it has me all revved up for mine! Oh, and the first mod done was the tinted windows, OF COURSE!! What do you all think about getting the cowls painted/spears?? I have seen a few on here and they look nice. I was thinking of going the reverse bumblee route with mine since there aren't any down here like that. Suggestions? Comments?

I agree with you there, spears do look good on a black car! Just make sure you do a color combination YOU love, it is after all, your car!

2010 Camaro SS #123444 - K&N Typhoon CAI, Muffler Delete, MPD-1 Spoiler, Headlight Armor Blackouts. Mods to come: longtubes/tune/flux capacitor

Understeer
is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Viper595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #21
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
CONGRATS AND WELCOME!
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #22
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Thanks I'm stoked about my ride! Well, I actually thought of doing the matte black stripes at first cuz they look bad a$$, but then I started seeing pics of the spears. That changed my mind for me there, and all the different color combos on here it was easier to see what I wanted mine to look like. I saw a black camaro on here with the black and yellow combo exterior and interior, looked SWEEET!! That's when I decided to do yellow spears on the hood! I also want to get the yellow interior trim kit, black/yellow fitted seat covers, crome kick plates, and get the 4 gauge installed!! What about the gills on the side? I have like some of the cars when they have them painted to match the strips/spears, but I haven't like other. I don't think they will look good yellow, should I get those with a fade in grey/silver? Of course I will need some direction on engine/exhause mods. I wanna learn this car inside and out!!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #23
Black Lightning

I totally 100% agree with the previous post on V6 or V8. They are ALL outstanding. Great color choice, too!

Four months ago, I was exactly where you are now. I also started with the window tints. See my sig for both cosmetic and performance mods. For the majority of those, I went through sponsors here on the forum. All has gone well with that. PM me if you have any questions on these mods. Would be glad to help.

My dealer had no problems with my CAI and Corsa exhaust. I actually checked with them, with print outs of the parts, before I had them installed.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #24
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
where in new mexico are you from? theres a camaro club meeting tonight in albuquerque at reliable... the most tricked out camaros in the state are in out club...
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #25
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Glad to have you here.

Welcome!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #26
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
I totally 100% agree with the previous post on V6 or V8. They are ALL outstanding. Great color choice, too!

Four months ago, I was exactly where you are now. I also started with the window tints. See my sig for both cosmetic and performance mods. For the majority of those, I went through sponsors here on the forum. All has gone well with that. PM me if you have any questions on these mods. Would be glad to help.

My dealer had no problems with my CAI and Corsa exhaust. I actually checked with them, with print outs of the parts, before I had them installed.
Thanks! I see V8s around town and always feel like they laugh cuz I have a V6, but I still love my car!! It's nice to know 5th Gens are a lot more welcoming to all engine sizes!! I will definitely have to do as you suggested and print out the parts and run it by them before installation, great idea!!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #27
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Thanks! I see V8s around town and always feel like they laugh cuz I have a V6, but I still love my car!! It's nice to know 5th Gens are a lot more welcoming to all engine sizes!! I will definitely have to do as you suggested and print out the parts and run it by them before installation, great idea!!
That V6 puts down 300 hp and is better than about 90% of other cars on the road. JUST saying. In fact, in the gas crisis we're in, I think the V6s are outselling the V8s now. I'm a mod noob myself, but you can get loads of info in all the relevant forums. Any CAI should be fine warranty-wise. Again, check w/ dealer if possible.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #28
Black Lightning

Oops, meant to comment on the spears, too. I am seriously considering Victory Red spears on mine. I think they look great. If I do, I will get them painted on, then clear coated. My dealer's paint shop is really good. They do a lot of custom work.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote