Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #15
CGMLT

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
My car doesn't talk back, have a lousy day, yell, argue, disrespect, control and nag.
My car always looks good and appreciates the attention I give it.
Name a wife that does that.
Could not be better said!!!! My Camaro is my "ball and chain" and I couldn't be happier!!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #16
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICG2772 View Post
Where I live I own the only Gen 5 Camaro in a 2 or 3 town radius. Everyone else here drives trucks, minivans, SUVs and sedans. Practicality rules. So need I say more? They all look at me like I'm an alien, but give me the thumbs up and do lots of whispering when I pull into local businesses. They also think its a 40k to 50k valued car. Wow...most people here DEFINITELY don't get it.
Thinking about painting my 68 rally Yellow after seeing yours. Very nice
WiSSDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #17
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
My husband is the only one that gets it. It puts a smile on my face and just gives me this unexplainable feeling. It puts me at peace to be driving it or tinkering with it. This is one of the reasons why I chose to be an automotive technician and why I want to build one of a kind ridiculously fast Camaros.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #18
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
My first car was a 69 (green). My second car was 69 (green). My third car was a 75 (custom green). I had my first girlfriend, my first wife, my first child.

Twenty plus years later, after minivans and jeeps, and two grandchildren, the Camaro is back. Funny thing is I was shopping for a ECO car for my wife (first girlfriend became second and to be last wife) when I heard the Camaro was coming. She said to ordered it the next week.

We both love my 2010 (OK, me more than her) however it completes a cycle from our first love to now.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
blkevrythng

Drives: 112ssrsblk
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Be a woman and try to explain it!!! I have a friend that gets upset w me cuz Id rather work on my car then go shopping..she said its abnormal, lol!! I love my car as much as I love my man and kids. She is babied and very well cared for. No one gets it except other car lovers I just take the bs and drive off in my baby w a big ol smile

Pink brake calipers...hmm for a female...gotta be one of the freshest exterior mods i've seen.
blkevrythng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #20
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
I tried to explain, but then she started explaining Pride & Prejudice.

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #21
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
I usually try to liken it to something that said person might have a love affair with. Like for women, it could be shoes or purses. Other than that, I don't think there is any explanation for it.

*edit: not trying to imply that shoes or purses are what ALL women would be in a love affair with. Certainly there quite a few ladies on C5 who are in a love affair with their Camaro.
I love shoes and purses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
My wife totaly gets it now after 2 years of trying to explain to her that my Camaro is not a car, it is my hobby, my passion, my thing.

At first, the concept of an extra weekend only car was difficult. I finally got my point across when comparing my Camaro to her pillow collection on our bed. We only need 2 pillows on our bed, but she has 17 pillows on our bed. So I asked her to explain why we need to have 15 extra pillows.

Well it turns out that these pillows are not pillows after all, they are something extra that pleases her. So now she understands my Camaro is just like her pillows that are not pillows.
I also love pillows!

I've been into cars all my adult life, so none of my friends are really surprised when I get yet another. My man has an old Corvette, so he shares that passion with me, but he just laughs and shakes his head at all my purses, shoes, pillows and cars.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #22
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
I've had friends and family tell me that they feel like they've been replaced by a car...they don't get it at all

My car, to me, is the happiest car I have ever owned and driven in my life!!!

I bought my car from my long lost best friend, who died this past June...my car will forever be tied to my buddy :(

I didn't just buy 'a car'...I bought a whole new hobby, lifestyle, community, and family

I wouldn't get rid of my car for all the money in the world...really, I'm not kidding

There are way too many significant dates, events, and stories connected to this car that I can never ever duplicate, especially now that my beloved friend is gone

If it wasn't for my car, I would never have 'met' all of you!!!...some of you I've had the pleasure and honor of meeting in person...the rest of you are still my 'virtual friends'

You all are a very supportive community of Camaro enthusiasts who definitely 'GET IT'!!!!!

I could never have imagined the life I would have now, all because I bought my HWAY STR!!!...

Old 10-24-2011, 02:11 AM   #23
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
This needs no further explanation...
Attachment 297514

LMFAO.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:24 AM   #24
RIPws6

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
The car wasn't handed to me. I work in retail = work myself to death and get lousy pay. My car is all I have to show for it.
Amen Brother. Im in the trenches with you and the work is about to get harder. Xmas hell around the corner. lol!
RIPws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #25
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Looks like I may have started something! I'm certianly taking notes

Donna, Thanks for sharing your personal story. Grimlock & RIPw6, hang in there brothers... the money part gets easier the older you get, you just trade it for time.

When I was younger, I had all the time in the world and no money. While I'd certainly like more money, I have enough to enjoy my passions, but not enough time to really enjoy them like I did when I was younger.
WiSSDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #26
Vaugner
Never Surrender!

Drives: '11 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
My car doesn't talk back, have a lousy day, yell, argue, disrespect, control and nag.
My car always looks good and appreciates the attention I give it.
Name a wife that does that.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #27
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
For me, it was love at first sight...There she was, just a little LS, nothing fancy, but she was SO PRETTY in ABM! I had no idea that I'd be driving her home that night..In fact, I was getting ready to leave when the 'guy in the long coat' (whom I assume was the sales manager) suddenly appeared and came into the conversation with my salesman and I, and said, after I told him I'd come back maybe when I got my yearly bonus (I'll never forget this) "Oh, you're gonna drive it home tonight!"
Needless to say, I was shocked and excited and speechless..It was kinda like asking the head cheerleader out on a date, and her saying "Sure!"
They'd apparently run my info and saw I had excellent credit and was a GMAC customer for MANY years...SO, it's been a solid love affair since that night. Still the best car I've EVER owned!!!

P.S. Never saw that 'long coat' guy at the dealership again..Maybe he was a GM 'Oracle' sent to bless me with my car?? (queue angelic music here)...
Old 10-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #28
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Everyone who knows me....gets it. They may not feel the same way about theirs....but they get it about me. I treat my daily driver very differently.....it's still well taken care of....but not babied like my Camaro. When my friends see me in the Camaro...they know it's a special day!!
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote