Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'm sorry to hear about this Cincy. I'll message you shortly to get some information to see if I can help in this situation.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #16
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy11RS View Post
Naturally, we ended taking our SRX to the Cadillac dealership we bought it from; they gave my wife a loaner CTS to drive.
Sure enough, they ended up saying the throttle body needed replacement since the sensors are integral to it.
Prior to doing this work though, they called my wife and told her they highly recommened a transmission flush and a coolant system flush for a total of about $350 for these services. She called me and asked if she should OK them doing those. Only thing is, the vehicle only has 49K on the odometer and even GM (in the owners manual) doesn't say they need to be done until 100K and 150K respectively (unless you drive in harsh conditions or do alot of towing, which we don't)! So I called them and said forget the flushes.
So they replaced the TB; my wife picked up the car and everything seemed fine until the next day when I decided to pop the hood just for a look-see.
On SRX's they have a strut tower brace that you have to take off in order to remove the engine cover to get at the TB.
Imagine my astonishment when I saw what the pics below show: they hadn't even begun to screw the bolts that hold the brace back in AT ALL! They are good sized bolts and IF one had been jostled out by hitting a big bump or something it's not impossible it could have fallen into the fan or belt or something and cause major trouble/damage. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Needless to say, I won't be going back there anymore...

[IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/cincy05ss/Thomson-MacConnellCadilla****.jpg[/IMG]

Wow, stupid people im sorry. My dealer didnt scree on my drain plug properly on the LT i had. Now im wondering what dealer to go to do oil change on this one.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #17
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Hey man, that stinks, I'd take the pictures in and show the shop manager. you wont get anything out of it I am sure but will let them know.

I mean this is freakin Caddy... not that it matters, they should take the time to tighten the bolts on a GEO too but man... What dealer? McConnell?
I did send them the pics. Both the service manager then one of the owners called apologizing and offering next service free, etc. I wasn't looking for any freebies to "buy my silence", just expecting an acceptable, basic level of service from a GM dealer, a Caddy one no less.
Any yep, it's Thomson-MacConnell. I'm not trying to slam them too much or cause anyone to lose a job or anything but I likely just won't go back to them anymore for service or to buy. There's another Caddy dealership that's actually closer to where I live now anyway.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote