Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Check this article for the 2012 model year.

Malibu's not a bad car but it needs work now that Ford brought their A-game.
I have seen a new 2013 white Ford Fusion parked at my local mall its a good looking car exterior wise its a cool looking car but from quality standpoint its not there yet.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #16
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/slide...d=250010459#10

Nope wrong again check this article which chooses the 2013 Malibu being better quality over the Ford Fusion. AND I dont even like the new Malibus styling that much and we all know its getting a new overhaul next year.
How the hell can you can one of these over the other for reliability or aulity, the Fusion has only been selling for what, 2 months and the Malibu about 6? How about some HARD actually data, wait it is WAY too soon for that.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
drummer5679

Drives: 2005 Infiniti G35
Quote:
Yeah but what about the new Fusion its having problem after problem right out of the gate and this was suppossed to be a big car for Ford so far not so much. I'm just showing the other video to show how Ford has neglected to fix problems with their vehicles year over year the fires from 2000-2007 are proof. And yeah GM and all other manufacturers have recalls too thats with every automaker doesnt matter who they are. The 458 Italia Ferrari is notorious for catching fire BUT the difference is they all owe up and fix the problems and you dont hear about them anymore but with Ford its the same fires all the time.

I can think of atleast 3 recalls off the top of my head for gm vehicles currently, the most significant of which is a leaking fuel pump on the equinox( and cruze too I believe.) Cars, especially new models, have problems.

Maybe the guy in that video had shitty work done on his car, just because a 10 year old car has an issue doesnt mean it's the automakers fault. How many people have touched/driven that car in it's 10 year service life? Im willing to bet 50 atleast considering that guy doesn't seem like he changes his own oil, all he knows is "PRESS PEDAL CAR GO. CAR BREAK? WTF SHIT CAR. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT."

Maybe he's been slowly leaking transmission fluid for the past 2 years because he the fluid got replaced and the gasket was installed incorrectly or they put in too much fluid.

Cars contain flammable materials and liquids and get cars get very hot, put them together under the right circumstance and sometimes shit just happens.
drummer5679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #18
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer5679 View Post
I can think of atleast 3 recalls off the top of my head for gm vehicles currently, the most significant of which is a leaking fuel pump on the equinox( and cruze too I believe.) Cars, especially new models, have problems.

Maybe the guy in that video had shitty work done on his car, just because a 10 year old car has an issue doesnt mean it's the automakers fault. How many people have touched/driven that car in it's 10 year service life? Im willing to bet 50 atleast considering that guy doesn't seem like he changes his own oil, all he knows is "PRESS PEDAL CAR GO. CAR BREAK? WTF SHIT CAR. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT."

Maybe he's been slowly leaking transmission fluid for the past 2 years because he the fluid got replaced and the gasket was installed incorrectly or they put in too much fluid.

Cars contain flammable materials and liquids and get cars get very hot, put them together under the right circumstance and sometimes shit just happens.
Bingo!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #19
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
It's only a Problem if Ford can't fix it.
TheReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #20
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
another Blue Maro Demon special.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #22
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
this is a stupid thread..

all products have issues, all cars makes have problems and recalls. If you aren't interested in buying one why do you give a fluck.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #23
_Nick_

Drives: '87 T/A, '87 IROC, '70 Grand Prix
Quote:
Yeah but what about the new Fusion its having problem after problem right out of the gate and this was suppossed to be a big car for Ford so far not so much. I'm just showing the other video to show how Ford has neglected to fix problems with their vehicles year over year the fires from 2000-2007 are proof. And yeah GM and all other manufacturers have recalls too thats with every automaker doesnt matter who they are. The 458 Italia Ferrari is notorious for catching fire BUT the difference is they all owe up and fix the problems and you dont hear about them anymore but with Ford its the same fires all the time.
What difference? Ford is owning up to the mistakes and fixing they're cars. They aren't just blatantly ignoring problems, otherwise there wouldn't have been 2 recalls already.

I don't see you posting in the thread about how the Malibu is getting a face-lift after a complete redesign just 1 year before because the sales are so shitty.
_Nick_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #24
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Fusion is probably still best in class in terms of the midsize segment. Fires, faulty headlights and all.
Ummmm based on what? It hasn't won one comparison that I've read. Honda kicks all buts right now and for good reason. Ford has styling annnnnnnnnd that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Not saying only the OP does this, but people seem to forget that GM also has recalls. In fact, EVERY brand has recalls.
All do but GM has had significant improvement over the years. Check the data. It's readily available.

Quote:
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/slide...d=250010459#10

Nope wrong again check this article which chooses the 2013 Malibu being better quality over the Ford Fusion. AND I dont even like the new Malibus styling that much and we all know its getting a new overhaul next year.
Years and years of people picking style over substance. Chrysler has lived on it in the down times. They have picked up on quality since the dark times and their sales are showing the result.

Quote:
Check this article for the 2012 model year.

Malibu's not a bad car but it needs work now that Ford brought their A-game.
Maybe B+ IMO

Quote:
I have seen a new 2013 white Ford Fusion parked at my local mall its a good looking car exterior wise its a cool looking car but from quality standpoint its not there yet.
Not sure it's a cool looking car..................unless you like a really big Fiesta. Again MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
How the hell can you can one of these over the other for reliability or aulity, the Fusion has only been selling for what, 2 months and the Malibu about 6? How about some HARD actually data, wait it is WAY too soon for that.
Malibu more like 1 year. ECO was launched a while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
It's only a Problem if Ford can't fix it.
Not quite. It's only a problem if people don't get a bad impression based on 2 recalls in the first few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nick_ View Post
What difference? Ford is owning up to the mistakes and fixing they're cars. They aren't just blatantly ignoring problems, otherwise there wouldn't have been 2 recalls already.

I don't see you posting in the thread about how the Malibu is getting a face-lift after a complete redesign just 1 year before because the sales are so shitty.
Ummmmmm fires and headlamps can't be ignored by law. Not that Ford wouldn't own up to other issues but these are Federally mandated. No credit to Ford on these.

Also Malibu is on styling, not functional quality.

Last edited by Number 3; 12-08-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #25
_Nick_

Drives: '87 T/A, '87 IROC, '70 Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Also Malibu is on styling, not functional quality.
I was just trying to make a point about his extreme bias with that jab. Either way, the Malibu is not getting a redesign in functional quality (AFAIK), so it's sales will continue to be abysmal if that is the case.
_Nick_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #26
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I like the look of the new Fusion. Definitely one of the best looking in the segment.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #27
DaBears

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester, 2010 Equinox
Every auto maker has recalls. Relax people.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #28
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ummmm based on what? It hasn't one one comparison that I've read. Honda kicks all buts right now and for good reason. Ford has styling annnnnnnnnd that's about it.

Actually while it isn't coming in first it has been a consistent 2 or 3. The only real demerit I have read is the restricted rear headroom because of the sloping rear roof, otherwise engines, style interior and exterior styling, design and quality, FE, driving dynamics have all been praised. If it wasn't for the Accord the Fusion would be picking up some firsts. Honda simply knocked the 13 Accord out of the ballpark in all categories and IMHO the wins are deserved. As for the Malibu, that one brings in consistant last place finishes and is going to need more than GMs emergency "styling update" to help it.