Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #15
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEVIL View Post

If they deem the car totalled you basically have 2 options:

there's no way there totaling the car because of some rear end damage.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #16
roxy1321

Drives: Toyota Fortuner
Glad both of you are okay. Doesn't look totalled to me. I think everything can still be fixed but yes it'll definitely involve a lot of money though. Your insurance company will definitely be your best buddy for the repairs of your car but I think they won't really cover the whole amount though.

Last edited by roxy1321; 05-28-2013 at 02:50 AM.
roxy1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #17
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
I definitely did not pay extra insurance for the mods. I talked to a few people in the industry, and they recommend that I just keep my mouth shut and let them review the car. I should then find a shop to work with and provide them the receipts for the parts I have purchased that may have been impacted, and see what they can do.

Does this sound like a plan? Glad the car doesn't look totaled, but I want to ensure it is repaired very thoroughly. I built this car for racing, and a simple cosmetic repair will not be sufficient.
Sounds like insurance fraud to me.

Just do everything on the up and up.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #18
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

Drives: 2010 2LT RS M6 IOM FlwMstr
I got rear ended on 5/10/13 and the damage on my car looks very similar to yours. Fortunately the other driver has insurance and my car is bing repaired now and is days away from being done.

One thing that i noticed was how far your right muffler is pushed in. A mirror image of mine(Flowmaster) My left one was pushed in that far. in my brief 5 mile post accident driving, I could hear the exhaust leaking all the way at the headers when I was in third going up hills. Make sure you have them fix your entire exhaust the whole way up to the engine.
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #19
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
I've been in this situation before and mods didn't matter. My insurance company paid for everything. They looked up how much the aftermarket stuff retailed for and just kept adding it to the total bill.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote